Dodgeball!

DodgeballI've never played dodgeball, but I've seen the movie. It looked like a lot of fun, and soon I shall see. I've joined a dodgeball league.

My first game is tomorrow night, so today I hit the web to learn the rules. I learnt about the opening rush, the 5-second violation, and how you substitute.

I don't know if I'm any good at dodgeball, but I'm about to find out. If it's as fun as the movie made it seem, I'm going to have a blast.

Kara

You never even played in school?? This was a phys. ed. staple at my school! It gets vicious and is great....at least it was when I was 10.I always knew Catholic school kids were wusses!!;P

January 14, 2008 @ 3:05 PM

Toronto Mike

I played Mr. Iwaszko's version of dodgeball, Two Fires.

It's pretty similar... and it was only about 25 years ago.

January 14, 2008 @ 3:08 PM

Al

THERE ARE ACTUAL DODGEBALL LEAGUES?! WHERE DO I SIGN UP?

January 14, 2008 @ 3:53 PM

Toronto Mike

This league is hosted by the Toronto Central Sport and Social Club.

Read more here: http://www.tcssc.com/sportsoffered.php

January 14, 2008 @ 3:59 PM

SoccerMom

It's good that you want to be active in all these activities and it sends out a good message for the Participaction message. Now normally I dont talk sports but for this one I need to chim in and remind you never ever forget your eye protection or other eye protection :) (I know you know what I mean)

January 14, 2008 @ 4:52 PM

Toronto Mike

Do I have to wear a cup to play dodgeball? Crap, I never thought of that.

I couldn't care less about the eyes, it's the other eye I'm worried about.

January 14, 2008 @ 4:53 PM

felix

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

January 14, 2008 @ 5:12 PM

Jill

I totally echo Al and Karas enthusiasm. Dodgeball rocks.
Let this be your mantra while your playing....(From the movie Dodgeball)
"Take care of your balls and they'll take care of you."

January 14, 2008 @ 10:04 PM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

At summer camp it was never called Dodge Ball. It was always called Murder Ball. I think Murder Ball is the Canadian version. All I know is Murder Ball is a better name anyway, just wait till you get hit.

January 15, 2008 @ 11:00 AM