Kraft Dinner Consumer Alert

Kraft DinnerI just got back from Walmart. I was there to buy a kettle, but on my way to the small appliances I passed a wall of Kraft Dinner. I was hit with sticker shot because Walmart now wants $1.16 for a box of regular Kraft Dinner.

I previously issued a Kraft Dinner Consumer Alert when the price hit 97¢. When I was in the grocery business regular price was about 49¢ a box and the flyer sales put them at 3/99¢.

$1.16?!?!?! Where's the outcry?

Mike (Buffalo Boy)

Considering the Box is probably worth more than the contents, thats outrageous. The contents are probably only worth 16 cents.

October 24, 2007 @ 5:39 PM

twins from bolton

79 cents at Bolton Walmart. It's worth the the drive to Acton (I mean Bolton).

October 24, 2007 @ 10:30 PM

Anonymous

That stuff is like crack. I love it! But I'm a purist. No ketchup or hotdogs in it, Thank you very much!

October 25, 2007 @ 12:02 PM

Toronto Mike

Ditto... I don't do the ketchup or hot dog thing either.

October 25, 2007 @ 12:10 PM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

Oh clap clap clap for you supporting wal-mart good job

October 25, 2007 @ 12:13 PM

Anonymous

I heard Wal-mart has Umpa Lumpas working in the back! Thats how they keep the prices so low.

October 25, 2007 @ 12:19 PM

Domenic

I heard that too!

October 25, 2007 @ 12:20 PM

Anonymous

I think kraft foods hired that idiot from coke who changed it to the new coke.Why would you change the number one item that made your buissness for decades. That just about killed coka cola and they lost large so they come out with coke classic because nobody was buying the new crap coke dropped this guy like a pollock on a perogi.Now kraft musta hired this moron because they come out with this crap new kraft dinner.Why would the dirtbags at head office listen to this clown.As a great fan of kraft dinner we tried this new crap and to say the least it smelled so bad and tasted even worse I put it out for the dog and he wouldnt touch it .So thanx kraft for hiring the dirt bag who didnt last a year at coke.

July 27, 2008 @ 11:58 AM

eddie

The new kraft dinner is absolutely disgusting. It does smell atrocious and tastes just as bad.
It took me awhile to realize that I was not jsut getting sick of it but that there was a change in the cheese. Just mixing it makes me lose my appetite and the entire thing ends up in the garbage.
Bring back the old ingredients...F**k you Kraft!

October 20, 2009 @ 4:26 PM

fresh

It's funny because I came to this page on an odd and spontanious search for Kraft Dinner prices as I bought boxes today at $0.99 and didn't think that was a very good deal EVEN THOUGH the regular price was $1.59! Obviously it's not four or five years ago, thus three boxes for $0.99 is likely history but I'm also guessing even 15 years ago there may have been more weight in the box too! I rarely buy the stuff and just did for "old time's sake" since it was on sale but now regret it. I also bought a 450g bag of pasta and a 700mL jar of sauce for two bucks, so, really, KD is always juicin' everyone. Good for them. I feel bad I went back to joining the rest of the suckers for today though!

November 14, 2009 @ 7:23 AM

gross

I had to come on the Internet to find out why my Kraft Dinner smelled so disgusting. WTF!!!? I"m not buying this crap anymore.

April 29, 2010 @ 6:46 PM

Wee

You suck everyone. Eat Monkeys

October 23, 2010 @ 3:09 PM

Carole Douaire

At the METRO in Orillia ON earlier this week a box of KRAFT Dinner was $2.24.... I was outraged.

December 5, 2012 @ 10:53 PM