Contemplating a Third

babyA number of women in my wife's circle of friends are preggers or have cute little babies. This has Taryn talking about having a third.

I've already decided I'm happy with the two angels I have. I've got a boy and a girl and both are smart, healthy, sweet, beautiful creatures. I also have a bedroom for each in a neighbourhood I love. I love things just the way they are and as the kids get older it just gets better. I think I'm done procreating.

Taryn appreciates my argument, but she likes to turn it around. She thinks that we should have more because we create such pretty, smart, healthy children. She thinks we should do it now while we're still sorta young. She sees these cute little babies and pregnant women and she gets a little baby fever.

I still think I'm done. Taryn's argument is falling on deaf ears. I've won the lottery twice and I'm not about to tempt fate by rolling the dice again. At least not until I win an actual lottery, and that's another game I'm not interested in playing.

twins from bolton

I was fortunate having twin boys almost 16 years ago & that was the best method of birth control. You have 2 healthy kids & you both are both stil young. It's your decision. My mind was made up after our 2. My wife wanted a daughter - so I got her a dog (female) instead.
I love taking my bitches for a walk every night.

September 28, 2007 @ 8:32 PM

Nick

Get snipped, problem solved! And it only takes 10 minutes.

September 28, 2007 @ 11:49 PM

Toronto Mike

I don't think I'm ready for the snip, but you're right about one thing. I don't hold the keys here. She's in charge of the birth control and I'm just plugging away with blind faith.

Yikes.

September 29, 2007 @ 3:09 PM

twins from bolton

If your not ready for the snip you may be thinking about another. GOOD LUCK.

September 29, 2007 @ 4:28 PM

Anonymous

"I don't think I'm ready for the snip" lol, neither was I but in the end it was worth it. Don't forget the financial impact another mouth to feed will have on your current lifestyle.

September 29, 2007 @ 5:24 PM

Nick

Sorry, the above comment was from me, I forgot to fill in all the fields :|

September 29, 2007 @ 5:26 PM

Roshan

Hmm, I always thought that the magic number was 3, as far as kids were concerned. I dunno, you may change your mind in a couple of years. I think the time between ages 1 to 3 are the cutest and I love kids at that stage. Then I just ignore them.

October 2, 2007 @ 5:17 AM