Every Monday I shuffle my entire MP3 collection in iTunes and list the first ten songs that play. Here are the ten tunes I heard today with a personal story about one of them.
- Rio Grande Blood - Ministry
- My Way - Sex Pistols
- All Canadian Surf Club - The Tragically Hip
- Anyway You Want Me - Bread
- Lying From You - Linkin Park
- Your Saviour - Temple of the Dog
- Santa Claus Is On His Way - Mr. Hankey
- At 24 - Skydiggers
- Adam's Song - Blink-182
- Daisy - Stone Temple Pilots
I can no longer listen to "Adam's Song" without thinking of the 24 pages of comments on our SLS site regarding the Blink-182 hit.
At the beginning of the discussion, started back in September 2006, I used to interject my two cents regularly. Then, things got awfully dark and depressing, and I backed out to let nature take its course. Finally, after the trillionth threatened pre-teen suicide in this discussion and the Good Charlotte "Hold On" discussion, I wrote this. I don't know if it did any good, but I felt better knowing it was there.