Every Monday I shuffle my entire MP3 collection in iTunes and list the first ten songs that play. Here are the ten tunes I heard today with a personal story about one of them.
- Heart In A Cage - The Strokes
- Evil Deeds - Eminem
- Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin
- Sunday Morning Coming Down - Johnny Cash
- Psychedelic Bee - Sugar Ray
- 4U - Korn
- ABC - The Jackson 5
- You Look So Fine - Garbage
- Hello City - Barenaked Ladies
- Wish (The Lads Were Here) - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
You'll never guess who wrote Sugar Ray's "Psychedelic Bee". Howard Stern penned the track when he was eleven years old. I remember when Mark McGrath was in the studio last year he mentioned "Psychedelic Bee" was going on the Greatest Hits as a thank-you to the king of all media. Howard stood to earn about a hundred thousand bucks in royalties.
When Howard first left terrestrial radio, I had a secret way to keep listening each morning. That crack in the system was recently plugged and I find myself losing touch with the gang. What's Robin up to? What's Artie weighing in at? What does Howard think of the whole Star Jones fiasco?
As songs go, "Psychedelic Bee" isn't very good. What did you expect from an eleven year old?