Every Monday I shuffle my entire MP3 collection in iTunes and list the first ten songs that play. Here are the ten tunes I heard today with a personal story about one of them.
- Ring The Alarm - FU-Schnickens
- All My Love - House Of Pain
- Energy - Kid N' Play
- The Feeling - Joe Satriani
- Relax - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
- I Will Follow You Into The Dark - Death Cab For Cutie
- Denied - Our Lady Peace
- Ooh Child - The Five Stairsteps
- Prick - Tripping Daisy
- Shame On You - Hot Hot Heat
I think my personal record for going from hot to cold on an album belongs to F.U. Don't Take It Personal from the FU-Schnickens. I was totally into it at first, spinning the disc like crazy and dubbing it on to cassette for my Walkman. "La Schmoove", "True Fuschnik" and "Ring The Alarm" became mix staples for a brief period in 1992, but then, all of a sudden, I became so sick of their sound I couldn't listen. In fact, It took about a decade before I could enjoy it again.
From red hot to ice cold in approximately three months.