Every Monday I shuffle my entire MP3 collection in iTunes and list the first ten songs that play. Here are the ten tunes I heard today with a personal story about one of them.
- Minus - Beck
- Baby It's Cold Outside - Ray Charles
- Highway Star - Deep Purple
- New Slang - The Shins
- Four Horsemen - The Clash
- Ten Years Gone - Led Zeppelin
- Hard To Handle - The Commitments
- Manic Depression - Jimi Hendrix
- Gangsta Story - Smokin' Suckaz Wit Logic
- Children Of The Revolution - T-Rex
I've got a friend who is obsessed with T-Rex. In his defense, he was born and raised in Great Britain where T-Rex are a far bigger deal, but I'm still puzzled by this worship. He's got dozens of T-Rex cds he's trying to push on me but I'm quite satisfied with what's on the Billy Elliot soundtrack.
Watching Live 8 this past summer, I saw Elton John perform "Children of the Revolution". It was actually quite good and far better than Boland's version, in my humble opinion. As I've told him countless times, to really appreciate T-Rex you had to be there. I certainly wasn't.