This will be my final entry on this subject for a while.
- I wish the Raptors were better. In a perfect world the Raptors would be playoff bound and we'd have playoff games at the ACC this spring. I'll be watching the b-ball, unfortunately I'll be watching bad b-ball.
- I can't wait for the World Championship this spring. This tournament will have unprecedented attention paid to it as millions seek some sort of replacement for the annual playoff fix they're hooked on. Canada is the defending champion as well as Olympic, World Junior and World Cup champion. Go Canada Go!
- When the lockout started back in the fall, I started recapping St. John's Maple Leaf games. Last year I recapped every Toronto Maple Leaf game and I wanted a hockey team to follow this season. I must admit I've been enjoying this contingency plan. The Baby Leafs are headed for the playoffs and have solid goaltending and some punch up front. Follow their pursuit of the Calder Cup right here folks.
- Go Jays Go!
- Bettman had little interest in negotiating and wanted the season shut down all along. He doesn't care about the sport or the fans, only revenge.
- When the NHL does resume play, whenever that may be, it's quite possible many of the stars we grew up watching will have retired. We can say farewell to Steve Yzerman, Mark Messier and perhaps our very own Eddie Belfour and Gary Roberts among many, many others. It's not supposed to end this way.
- The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. Many NHL fans will become indifferent to this and won't care whether this dispute is ever resolved. I can smell the apathy from here.
- I miss the Hockey Night in Canada theme song. If you have a box of tissue handy and don't mind a good cry, here it is. Consider it a bonus MP3 on this sad Wednesday in Toronto.
That is all.
No comments? C'mon, we can do better... Leave a comment above and let's start this conversation!