Yesterday, We Were Perfect

Yesterday was a very good Friday for Toronto sports fans. We won 'em all!

In a crucial game five in Boston, the Leafs held on for a 2-1 win and a 3-2 series lead. This was a biggie.

Meanwhile, in Orlando, the Raptors beat the Magic 98-93 to take a 2-1 series lead. Pascal Siakam led the way with 30 points and 11 rebounds.

At BMO Field, TFC staged a comeback when Jordan Hamilton scored two goals at the 77th and 79th minute to defeat Minnesota United FC 4-3. Alejandro Pozuelo scored TFC's first two goals.

In AHL action, the Toronto Marlies kicked off the North Division semifinals on the right foot with a convincing 4-1 win over the Rochester Americans to take a 1-0 lead in the best-of-five series.

Blake Wallace and Gareth O'Brien scored three tries apiece as the Toronto Wolfpack rallied from a 12-0 deficit Friday to beat Barrow Raiders 52-26 in Betfred Championship rugby league play.

And the perfect day was capped when the Jays beat the A's 5-1 in Oakland. This has never happened before, in fact, this is the first time the Blue Jays, Maple Leafs, Raptors, and Toronto FC have all won on the same day.

Yesterday, we were perfect.

elvis

Glorious!

April 20, 2019 @ 8:54 AM

DrBOP

As a LONG-time Leafs fan, WHY does my brain AUTOMATICALLY goto "Here we go AGAIN!"
They're just settin' us up AGAIN for the BIG let down.
AGAIN!
AGAIN!
AGAIN!

FUCK my brain!
;>)

April 20, 2019 @ 9:39 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
I'd suggest Lou Reed's "Perfect Day" as the fitting belated soundtrack celebration to the events
described above, but pretty confident in typing that "HORSE"-influenced songs and sports usually don't mix well with one another!! Perhaps "Perfect" by Fairground Attraction or "Perfect" by The The
might be more appropriate?!?

April 20, 2019 @ 9:45 AM

Blind Dave

@DrBOP Both yes and no. The Leaf game didn't quite have the "AGAIN" feel to it in the dying minutes, but the feelings did come charging back in the dying seconds. It wouldn't have surprised me one bit if Boston had scored, and I was even nervous with 1.2 seconds left. And they got a shot on goal off the faceoff.

I am 55 years old with little memory of '67. But I do remember the early '70's and onward.

April 20, 2019 @ 12:57 PM

Beatts

If Cheryl was a Toronto sports fan her cake Baker could retire a rich person after that glorious day

April 20, 2019 @ 1:57 PM

Urooj Islam

Wow, elvis is so happy with the perfect Toronto sports night that he didn't even pick apart your use of "we".

April 20, 2019 @ 3:49 PM

@Urooj Islam

You can pry my "we" from my cold, dead hands.

April 20, 2019 @ 3:56 PM

elvis

Rest well knowing I will never be on your side Urooj.

April 20, 2019 @ 9:01 PM