Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 452: Murray McLauchlan

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 452In this 452nd episode, Mike chats with singer songwriter Murray McLauchlan about his career in music. This episode is exactly 1:31:10.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Murray McLachlan and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Palma Pasta, Fast Time Watch & Jewellery Repair, Property in the 6ix, StickerYou and Camp Tournesol.

Palma Pasta   glb   Camp Tournesol
Fast Time Watch & Jewellery Repair   StickerYou   propertyinthesix

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Glad that I was finally able to catch an episode on Periscope as it was recording. Those 90 minutes
flew by quite quickly but they were thoroughly packed with great insights and appreciated candour.
Your exchange with Murray regarding the Spanish versus French divide on the American/Canadian
editions of "Sesame Street" was true comedic gold. Thanks for this great show!!

April 17, 2019 @ 3:12 PM

FU

I popped in & just had time to see a few minutes of the live broadcast.

A few comments:
-No sporadic buffering this time; totally clean feed for my entire visit.
-Maybe just me but a suggestion to Mike is much more face-to-face eye contact with your guest .... look at your guest & glance at your notes, not the other way around. It's more engaging.
-Your sponsor/ads breaks really put a stall on the chat for me & quite possibly your guest. Maybe record them in advance so they're shorter & more punchy & then splice them in after the fact
-Honestly, my 1st reaction was you had Peter Mansbridge in your basement :)

Saw Murray in Waterloo & at the Ontario Place revolving stage. He's a gem.

April 17, 2019 @ 3:47 PM

@FU

Right now there's only one sponsor mention that could be added in post, and that sponsor is seasonal.

For GLB, Palma Pasta and StickerYou, I give the guest a gift live, for Propertyinthe6ix.com, Brian asks the guest a question, and for Fast Time we listen to a #1 song from 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 years ago. These mentions are intentionally baked in and part of the show. I'm sorry they stall the chat for you, because without them I wouldn't be able to afford the time to do this.

I am trying to do a better job of weaving them in, however...

April 17, 2019 @ 5:01 PM

Greg

Mike, have you invited Peter Mansbridge for some #realtalk? He should have the time to stop by your basement.

April 17, 2019 @ 6:47 PM

@Greg

Not yet... but he'd be a fantastic guest.

April 17, 2019 @ 7:23 PM

Rick

If the Wind Could Blow my Troubles Away is in my Top 10 Canadian Songs of all time!

April 18, 2019 @ 10:50 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Rick
Glad to see some additional appreciation for that particular awesome track on here!!

April 18, 2019 @ 10:53 AM

bsmntdwllr73

Sorry, particularly awesome!!

April 18, 2019 @ 10:54 AM

Rick C in Oakville

Heard the Farmers song growing up, great to hear Murray is doing well.

April 19, 2019 @ 6:43 AM

Javed Jafri

I have a tape of WMMR FM from Philadelphia from 1974 and it has an ad for the MM album Sweeping the Spotlight Away at 4:48. MMR was one of the top free form stations in the US along with WBCN, WNEW and KSAN FM:

April 19, 2019 @ 7:12 AM

JustProper

Quite enjoyed your podcast Mike. I'm new to this website but I'm definitely going to stay. Sir you had me interested!

April 19, 2019 @ 5:44 PM