The Weight - The Band with The Staple Singers from The Last Waltz

Aurora Bob

The Band were brilliant. I read Robbie's book last year and found it amazing how those guys (with the exception of Levon) were travelling around southwestern Ontario doing gigs in bands. This was all in the same geographical area that I grew up in at the same time. I wonder if we had ever crossed paths.

Sad that only two members remain on the planet. Their influence on music I do not believe has been fully appreciated.

The Last Waltz was also a great concert movie. I have tickets to see Classic Albums Live perform The Last Waltz at Roy Thompson Hall in March.

January 24, 2019 @ 9:02 AM

bsmntdwllr73

Garth Hudson's innate musical mastery is beyond this mere mortal's musical comprehension!!
Fantastic organ work. Also love Robbie's double-necked guitar supremacy. Also, it simply goes without
saying that the vocal work of all involved was peerless on that historic evening.

January 24, 2019 @ 12:10 PM

wade

Im still listening to this gem of a recording all these years later after seeing the movie during its original release at the Regent Theatre in Oshawa.

January 24, 2019 @ 1:08 PM

wade

I still enjoy listening to this recording even after all these years from when I saw the original release at the old Regent Theatre in Oshawa. It has truly stood the test of time.

January 24, 2019 @ 1:11 PM

Brian Gerstein (Raptors Devotee)

Thanks Aurora Bob! I am just checking it out now and will ask a friend who I went with to see the Band play here at Ontario Place, at least whoever was left, if he wants to go. The Weight was one of my top 10 all-time favourite jams, so a no-brainer for me. I have abused listening and watching The Last Waltz since my teen years, still gives me chills.

January 25, 2019 @ 9:58 AM

Mississauga Andrew

Our finest cultural export. Period.

January 31, 2019 @ 4:24 PM