Lake Effect

Every year at this time, it's the same story. Much of Toronto is in shorts and tee shirts, often complaining about the heat, but in my hood people are still wearing jackets.

Today, for example, I took a bike ride and experienced the dramatic temperature dip at a specific point when riding south down the hill on Colborne Lodge Drive in High Park. North of the line in this map it felt like 23 degrees, south it was closer to 12 degrees. No foolin'.

high-park

Alan

I live down by the lake, and yes, it's definitely cooler here right now as opposed to where I work in North York. But for those who complain about the lake effect right now, just wait until the dog days of summer when everyone else is sweltering and we're having a cold beer and enjoying the cool lake breeze!!

May 2, 2018 @ 8:12 PM

Urooj Islam

So jealous of those lake folk, could barely sleep last night with it feeling like 30 degrees.

Another long night tonight, praying for some rain.

May 2, 2018 @ 9:42 PM

H.o.E.

I noticed that today when I clicked-on The WeatherNetwork website, where I have it set to High Park North, but beside the menu I have other places, the first one being South Parkdale, to use if I'm headed to something at or near The Ex grounds where the temperature can sometimes be lower -- but I don't remember seeing it display that much of a difference before.

May 2, 2018 @ 10:01 PM

Irv

Urooj,

Now, each time you feel warm think about the winter. And BTW, winter is my fault. I cursed Ontario when I moved here saying "these wimps should have to endure a long Alberta winter". And it happened.

Yesterday was the first day I experienced real humidity in like 10 years. It was kind of nice. It makes my skin buttery soft.

May 3, 2018 @ 7:34 AM

jj

I am here for this weather all the time, but yeah I would prefer lake effect summer - hot sun and a cool breeze whenever possible :D

I have resisted any ice caps since it has been warm (not when it was cold though) but I am weakening... summer bodies are hard work!

May 3, 2018 @ 11:08 AM

andrew

Raptors game tonight - Cleveland is HOT & Toronto is not cool but COLD.

May 3, 2018 @ 8:35 PM