Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 238: Richard Syrett

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 238In this 238th episode, Mike chats with Richard Syrett about The Conspiracy Show, Coast to Coast AM and various conspiracy theories from JFK to 9/11. This episode is exactly 1:24:24.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Richard Syrett and Me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix and Paytm Canada.

Great Lakes Beer propertyinthesix.com

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Beatts

That is a mean set of gams....

May 24, 2017 @ 5:18 PM

Rob J

Can't wait to listen! Really been looking forward to this one.

May 24, 2017 @ 5:28 PM

@Beatts

Best gams in the podcasting business.

May 24, 2017 @ 6:55 PM

Urooj Islam

I am in love with Richard's voice.

May 24, 2017 @ 7:13 PM

andrew

One of your worst with a guest. Sorry. YOU did a great job asking questions overall but Richard has his "theories" from the past. Surprised you didn't ask about all the attacks in the last 4-5 years. R they at BS?
I don't think so, 9/11 was the beginning.
Does Richard think the Earth is flat? Another theory.

May 24, 2017 @ 7:35 PM

The 1st TM podcast

The 1st TM podcast for which i have zero interest.

Conspiracy radio literally hurts my brain & makes me suspect of its audience.

Enjoy to those who embrace this tripe; for me, i'll pass.

May 24, 2017 @ 7:37 PM

If you listen, this isn't me promoting any alternate realities. In fact, I'm very honest with Richard that I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories and am rather offended by some.

Richard and I may not agree on everything, but I'm okay with him asking questions. I'm also okay if people want to take a pass on this one.

To quote the great Ringo Starr, peace and love... peace and love.

May 24, 2017 @ 7:50 PM

The 1st TM podcast

In times gone by, I'd view "conspiracy radio" as a harmless, silly guilty pleasure, akin to those who really enjoy professional wrestling or gilligan's island or B-grade monster flicks.

But in today's world where "fake news" seriously jeopardizes truth, i feel that "conspiracy radio" primes the pump of misleading the gullible.

May 24, 2017 @ 8:19 PM

markosaar

I've listened to every TM episode regardless of interest in the guest. There's always been something in there.

From that perspective, Syrett had me placated a bit with his assertion that he was just open-minded and willing to go places others just shut down. There were a couple of moments though where I was cringing pretty severely.

May 24, 2017 @ 8:51 PM

Aldo

I enjoyed this episode. :)

May 24, 2017 @ 9:33 PM

Jim

Cut the grass Mike!

May 25, 2017 @ 12:40 AM

@Jim

At this time of year, the grass is growing like a ...... weed. 😎

May 25, 2017 @ 8:13 AM

Beatts

"Best gams in the podcasting business."

Valid point until Lou Schizas gets his podcast going.

Just saying...

May 25, 2017 @ 8:27 AM

Lyle Lanley

I don't consider myself a conspiracy theory guy either, but I enjoyed this episode. It doesn't go too far and I thought Mike did a good job of letting Richard speak his piece without disrespect.

It would be impossible to expect to enjoy the works of every guest in a podcast that's been around this long.

Looking forward to Hugh Burrill, Macko and Fred Penner!

May 25, 2017 @ 8:29 AM

Derek

Richard is a great friend (as well as my son's Godfather). I have so much respect for the amount of work he puts into building his brand and I love that he is now a go to fill-in on C2C... As a broadcaster.... that's a HUGE accomplishment.

Continued success Richard!

D

May 25, 2017 @ 10:52 AM

@Derek

Such a small world!

May 25, 2017 @ 1:01 PM

Rob J

An exceptional episode! TM did a fantastic job pushing back on some the conspiracy world's odious dark corners, and Richard was true to his nature, presenting a rational exposition of his views, stressing the importance of asking questions rather than accepting conventional wisdom. The metaphor of 'stories around the bonfire' is a perfect one for his shows.

May 25, 2017 @ 4:25 PM

GDB

Great episode!

May 25, 2017 @ 6:40 PM

Al The Royal Pain

I enjoyed this one more than I thought I would. Mike you did a great job navigating around the subject matter which you obviously don't agree/believe in without disrespecting. Having listened to every episode from day one, I'd say you've really grown as an interviewer. You're no Linehan (yet) but I'm sure you're not at your 10k hours yet either.

Looking forward to Fred F*cking Penner!

May 26, 2017 @ 8:45 AM

J Gold first (fantastic CityTV, MuchMusic and Maestro stories there!), also Macko and Gordon Deppe from Spoons are dropping by, then Hugh Burrill and Fred Penner in early June.

May 26, 2017 @ 9:25 AM

Rob J

Horrible coincidence that R Gary Patterson, the music historian referenced by Richard in the episode, passed away as announced on C2C tonight.

May 27, 2017 @ 1:14 AM

Urooj Islam

I really enjoyed the Art Bell talk, he is Coast to Coast no matter how long it's been since he hosted.

George Noory has turned the show into some weird new age health/holistic medicine show and I just can't listen when he's hosting (which is 99% of the time).

May 28, 2017 @ 12:46 AM

Scott Eric

I really found his views on climate change and vaccines disturbing. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me would have the facts, but I really don't believe that vaccines weren't instrumental in stopping polio and smallpox and bettering/saving millions of lives.

May 28, 2017 @ 2:35 PM

Ima Fakeologist

Anyone who thinks we went to the moon can be classified as a gatekeeper. There's just no excuse in 2017 to still believe the myth. http://bit.ly/fakegatekeeper

June 4, 2017 @ 6:57 PM

@Ima

You sound ridiculous.

June 4, 2017 @ 6:58 PM

david

For anyone wanting to go a little deeper into the conspiracy of media fakery from Apollo to 9/11 and everything in between. http://fakeologist.com

June 5, 2017 @ 6:32 AM

smj

nasa is a television network. the first nasa administrator was a movie studio executive. google monster t.keith glennan. all of the nuke footage came from look out mountain movie studio. jfk's old man made his first fortune in the movie business. he started rko with general sarnoff. the zapruder film was from jamison studio in texas. the dude who the brits sent over to start the oss, william stephenson/intrepid, built shepperton studios.

you shouldn't have to be a conspiracy guy to notice a pattern.

June 5, 2017 @ 6:57 AM

John

I am highly offended that you would interview a conspiracy theorist. If I wanted to hear opinions that went against the rest of the herd, I would stop watching TV. Please be more considerate when choosing your guests in the future.

June 5, 2017 @ 7:18 AM

Haha... looks like the Fakeoligist crew has shown up.

I respectfully disagree with the vast majority of what you believe to be true but I'll let you have your fun here. :)

June 5, 2017 @ 9:14 AM

In times gone by

In times gone by, stupid people were smart enough to realize there were others much smarter, much more informed, much more intellectually inquisitive & much less gullible.

tl:dr - stupid people are stupider now.

June 5, 2017 @ 10:25 AM

sea level

Let me know if you can tell me how big a body of water has to be to measure any curve. I have checked all the lakes around me and they are all perfectly flat. So there has to be some point at which the curve starts between a 4 mile lake and the ocean.

June 5, 2017 @ 12:13 PM

Peter

I'm not into conspiracy theories myself but I thought this was a good episode and fun to listen to!

June 5, 2017 @ 7:54 PM