Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 154: Emm Gryner

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 154In this 154th episode, Mike chats with singer-songwriter Emm Gryner about her work with David Bowie, Chris Hadfield and Trent Severn, her role in One Week, and her song Visiting Hours about my dear friend Mike Kic. This episode is exactly 51:05.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

2016-01-09_03-56-29

Become a Patron

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Aaron

Thanks Mike.... I'm sitting here sobbing like a baby. Wonderful episode.

January 9, 2016 @ 7:42 PM

Sam in Pickering

If anyone can listen to the last 15 minutes without crying, they're heartless.

Mike would be proud.

January 9, 2016 @ 7:59 PM

Jody Thornton

Holy crap! She hasn't aged a bit.

Judging from the other two comments, I'm worried if something's going to be upsetting, or pulling at the heart strings on this podcast ... lol. I'll just consider myself warned.

January 9, 2016 @ 9:41 PM

Steve

Your finest (visiting) hour.... No doubt you would have liked the song anyway.

January 9, 2016 @ 10:36 PM

markosaar

Wonderful episode.

Was unfamiliar with Emm Gryner somehow, despite first getting into music around the time she would have been played on 99.9 and 102.1. She had me hooked the moment she name-dropped The Stone Roses. Generally haven't been a fan of the 'singer-songwriter' bit, but I liked much of the clips played throughout the episode.

January 14, 2016 @ 8:56 AM

markosaar

Hm. She's well-represented on Spotify, but the first two albums are missing sadly. Will have to track them down!

January 14, 2016 @ 8:58 AM

Rick C in Oakville

I was familiar with her name but didn't know any of her material. Glad to hear her take on being able to make a living with smaller venues and not having to sell out and only be a mega pop star.

Very touching story with her connection to your buddy Mike Kic, and the song she wrote for him, could hear the emotion welling in your voice.

January 20, 2016 @ 7:35 PM

Jody Thornton

After a Loooong time having downloaded on my HDD, I'm finally listening to this podcast, and her speaking about David Bowie. I thought to myself, wait a minute, didn't he die around that time? I was trying to recall when this podcast was recorded. Holy Crap! He died the VERY next day. Surreal!

December 4, 2016 @ 8:48 PM

Jody Thornton

That was a nice tribute she made for your friend Mike. A very good episode :)

December 4, 2016 @ 9:25 PM