Support Toronto Mike'd on Patreon

I planned to launch a crowdfunding campaign for my podcast the day after Labour Day, but talked myself out of it. Who am I seek support for my podcast? I created the Patreon account, but never actually promoted it.

The other day I recorded my 150th episode of Toronto Mike'd, and with only eight days remaining until Christmas, I decided to go for it. I'm asking you to support my podcast in the hopes that it can continue to grow.

My initial goal is very modest. I spent a lot of money on top quality equipment, and I'd like to make a little of that back. I'll also be buying a couple of swivel mount studio microphone boom arms so it's more comfortable for guests to stay on the microphones. So goal one is to cover overhead costs.

Goal two is quite a bit more ambitious. I'd love to be able to afford to spend more time on the project, recording more and pursuing great guests. I think this could be much more than a mere passion project.

All I ask is that you visit my Patreon page and consider becoming a Toronto Mike'd Patron. All supporters will be thanked on a future episode of Toronto Mike'd.

Support Toronto Mike'd on Patreon

Derrick

Support will be in $U.S., right?

December 17, 2015 @ 1:45 PM

@Derrick

As it's a US based website, everything is written in US dollars, but you can use any currency and it will be automatically converted, I believe.

December 17, 2015 @ 2:02 PM

Derrick

I already support a Patreon podcast - $10 U.S. a month. My Visa was charged $13.75 at the beginning of December.

You'll need to get an ID # from the IRS and possibly fill out an 1040NR every year because the income is from the the U.S. Go see your accountant.

December 17, 2015 @ 2:45 PM

@Derrick

I'm revising my earlier statement... this is from the Patreon help center.

We accept Visa, MasterCard, America Express, JCB, Discover, Diners Club and PayPal!!

All pledges are converted to the USD! You will be charged the US dollar value of your pledge and any conversion fees associated with the transaction.

December 17, 2015 @ 2:50 PM

A couple of notes...

I'm going to be very transparent about this experience. I'll share every detail of what I learn.

Thus far, there are 7 Patrons pledging $12.18 per month.

All 7 will be given much love in upcoming episodes of Toronto Mike'd. Join the club!

December 17, 2015 @ 2:54 PM

Liz

I'm definitely going to participate. Will do this early next week.

December 17, 2015 @ 7:34 PM

Updated figures:

8 patrons
$18.14 per month

December 17, 2015 @ 7:39 PM

Liz

Once I figure out how it works, that is.

December 17, 2015 @ 8:22 PM