Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 131: Chris Johnston

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 131In this 131st episode, Mike chats with Chris Johnston, Senior Hockey Writer for Sportsnet, about Phil Kessel, the Shanaplan, Simmons's hotdog claims, Hockey Night in Canada changes, Tim and Sid, becoming a Friend of Bob and whether Wilner should call John Gibbons "Gibby". This episode is exactly 1:04:38.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at https://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

James Edgar

Every time I read or hear "Gibby" i think of a weird character on a show my daughter watched every episode of . TWICE. iCarly.

Gibby is a chubby kid who takes his shirt off all the time for no reason.

I haven't listened yet but I know i don't want anybody calling Gibbons Gibby!

July 30, 2015 @ 2:03 PM

Guy

I haven't listened but do you ask him about looking like an undeveloped fetus with a wig?

July 31, 2015 @ 6:43 PM

Hersh

I'm a big fan of these podcasts but found this conversation to be ok. Kind of interesting.

My main takeaway from this is that this guy is completely humourless. There were a few times where you made a joke or were clearly joking about something and there was what seemed to be some awkward silences.

I guess Chris is a good hockey writer otherwise he wouldn't be on with Mccown, but his personality seemed way too uptight, like loosen up a little bit.

Overall good job as always.

Would you agree this podcast may have been a little tougher to let the conversation flow while having fun?

August 10, 2015 @ 10:10 PM

@Hersh

Good observation. He was very serious, which caused my feeble attempts at humour to sink like a lead balloon. Very nice guy, though.

August 11, 2015 @ 8:29 AM

Al The Royal Pain

I completely agree with @Hersh, Chris was not making it easy on you whatsoever as the interviewer. I'm wondering if he just doesn't get interviewed all that often, but then again he has appeared on PTS and he sounds fine there.

It's aslo funny that he's from Colbourg. Everyone I know from Colbourg is super-friendly and outgoing.

August 12, 2015 @ 2:15 PM

Beatts

Listening to this now.

Had no idea he was a Cobourg boy.

December 10, 2018 @ 11:56 AM