I'm Turning 40 so I'm Going to do Something Epic

I'm Turning 40 so I'm Going to do Something Epic This June, I'll turn the big 4-0.

To celebrate, I’ll embark on a 220km bicycle ride across Ontario in support of Princess Margaret Cancer Centre. This epic journey will involve months of training and preparation. I’m taking on this challenge because I know that I can make an impactful contribution to conquering this disease.

Please contribute to this history-making event with a donation. I'm aiming to raise $100 for every year of my life. That's $4,000! Funds raised in The Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer will support breakthrough research, exemplary teaching, and compassionate care at Princess Margaret, one of the top 5 cancer research centres in the world.

Recently Princess Margaret Cancer Centre helped a dear friend.  Help me say thanks.  Help me give back.

Pledge my ride here: http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/mikeboon

Any and all donations are appreciated! There's no way I'll be able to do this without you...

Argie

@Mike
I would love to but dammit I just got myself a Canada Goose bomber and I'm now short of cash.

OK, I'll see what I can do.

January 23, 2014 @ 9:21 AM

elvis

@Argie - now that's funny.

January 23, 2014 @ 9:25 AM

Jamie

I'll be tuning 40 in July. Not sure how I feel about this. The 30's were the best years of my life. Got married twice (The 1st was just a starter) and my daughter was born. Looking ahead seems darker as my mother is dying of brain cancer and I am hoping she can make it to see me turn 40.

I am sorry Mike but I won't contribute to Princess Margert as I've had a doctor there tell my mother when she was complaining after her surgery that her arm was weak he told her "Who cares your dying of brain cancer"

Very Professional.

January 23, 2014 @ 9:37 AM

markosaar

Haha and here I am signing up for the piddly 75 KM Ride for Heart.

I do want to work up to the Ride to Conquer Cancer sooner than later. Won't happen this year though. Really need to somehow deal with my mystery gastro-intestinal issues first.

Good on you!

January 23, 2014 @ 12:20 PM

Mike from Lowville

@ Jamie, sorry about your Mother. Don't paint everything with the same brush because of a doctor that should have been a sanitary engineer rather than a doctor.

January 24, 2014 @ 9:41 AM

Jamie

Thanks Mike from Lowville,

I try not to but that one stuck right into my heart.

January 24, 2014 @ 10:10 AM

@Jamie

I understand you had a terrible experience, and I respect your decision not to support the Princess Margaret, but I do hope we don't toss out the entire organization because of one doctor with poor bedside manner.

My dear friend was recently at this facility where I visited him in December, and I'm partly doing this for him.

January 24, 2014 @ 10:16 AM