Todd Shapiro Discusses Dean Blundell vs. Humble and Fred

Todd Shapiro Discusses Dean Blundell vs. Humble and FredIf you want to hear the first two chapters of this trilogy, I have the audio here.

In a nutshell, Dean Blundell went off on Humble and Fred after they had Todd Shapiro on their podcast. Humble and Fred responded, and today Todd Shapiro returned to the Humble and Fred podcast to discuss the controversy.

Listen here:

Download the MP3 here.

TheSweaterTuck

I listen to the Biggs and Barr show every day and I'm really glad that Jason stays out of it altogether even though I'm sure he gets tons of messages about it everyday. Good for him.

December 6, 2013 @ 2:50 PM

Digger

Well spoken Todd.

December 6, 2013 @ 8:24 PM

CstBoog

Well, as the person who, somehow, ended up as the first comment on the aforementioned "most commented TorontoMike Blog EVAR", and who, obviously, never liked Todd in his time on the DBS, allow me a mea culpa and to say:

He really came across well here. Very classy. Perhaps I should give Todd another chance in whatever endeavor he is now pursuing.

December 7, 2013 @ 12:59 AM

Dan

Douchebag vs. douchebags.

A bunch of radio "personalities" all past their prime, trying to get people to listen.

Sad really.

December 7, 2013 @ 5:12 PM

NightDiver

I stopped listening to DBS after Todd was fired, in my opinion he was the only thing that made it somewhat bearable. He seems to be a genuinely kind person, whereas Dean seems to be a genuinely miserable, mean-spirited person. Glad Todd was classy enough to respond in this manner - there's no doubt in my mind that he would be very successful if he were to get involved in another radio gig, it seems like he's got a ton of support behind him - and rightfully so. Dean's schtick is getting old really fast.

December 8, 2013 @ 12:41 PM

markosaar

Blundell is doing great guys:

LINK

December 8, 2013 @ 1:40 PM

markosaar

Oh sorry Mike. Forgot your platform hates thestar.com links.

December 8, 2013 @ 2:12 PM

@marksaar

No problem... if the underscored link is too long, I just go in and change the anchor text so the formatting doesn't mess up.

December 8, 2013 @ 2:13 PM

scott

The guy is a goof..tod was the show.

January 6, 2014 @ 5:52 PM

JW

This is really how the Dean B morning show worked so well. Because if how the whole system just happened by chance to fall in place. Examples todd was funnier then Dean but Dean also played very well off of Todd's premise. Todd would come up with something funny and Dean would "tag" it. Dean is funny but more of a reactor then an initiator.
The way the set up happened to have it was that it was Deans show so he had that over Todd so he could prick at Todd and throw his weight a bit and it made the dynamic work so well. It was a happen chance that could never be recreated because of how the job titles were. It was a special set of circumstances that could never be recreated. It was past its prime due to censorship issues I believe.
It's unfortunate I wish them both the best and thanks for the great years.

January 6, 2014 @ 8:33 PM

Twink

I may actually be able to start listening to the Edge in the mornings once again now that they've booted that asshat off. I haven't listened regularly since Jason left.

January 7, 2014 @ 12:14 PM

Sheri

I have been listening to the Edge for years and have been extremely disappointed in it for some time now. At times, I have been tuned in and they will play some mainstream 'pop-crap' (clearly not Rock) and I will honestly question if someone changed the station, it's so bad. I have brought this up to many friends and they all concur. I think it started gradually after Alan Cross left.

The Dean Blundell Show and Fearless Fred have been my only reasons for listening. I liked Bookie but he's gone. They fired Todd and put Billie on the air and I seriously couldn't stomach that awful giggling 1st thing in the morning -esp mixed w Dean's cynicism. It was awful so I started listening to Jason again on another stn. I have never really gotten too into Josie, other than her countdowns. Fred is their only hope for the morning show.

January 8, 2014 @ 9:47 PM

Does It Matter

Wow, hearing Todd's voice I actually miss hearing him on the radio.

January 9, 2014 @ 11:34 PM

the limey

todd was the show dean was the fkn armpit.todd where are you.

February 13, 2014 @ 8:58 AM

Cosmo

Todd tells us exactly where he's going to be next if you listen to this: http://www.torontomike.com/2014/02/toronto_miked_podcast_episode_67.html

February 13, 2014 @ 9:07 AM