Andy Williams, Dead at 84

In MemoriumAndy Williams was 84. He was an Emmy-winning TV host and popular singer best known for his rendition of "Moon River."

519 Rob

Always reminds me of the Simpsons episode with Nelson and Bart seeing him in concert.

September 26, 2012 @ 12:13 PM

speysidephil

He will be missed but not forgotten with all his great songs. He's the go to guy for Christmas songs.

September 26, 2012 @ 5:25 PM

Cheryl

My parents liked Andy Williams. I didn't. The guy was boring. He didn't write his own stuff, just took other people's songs and screwed them up. I remember he really screwed up Seasons In the Sun really badly made it a lot slower than it should be. He won't be missed by me, believe me, but too bad he died. Now if bob Seger died, I would be bawling my eyes out, believe me.

September 26, 2012 @ 6:16 PM

headsup

@ Cheryl

Wow, what a rude, disrespectful, and insensative thing to say. You are entitled to your opinion, but the timing and words you chose are highly inappropriate. Yet another childish comment from you - should anyone be so surprised?

September 27, 2012 @ 10:45 AM

Cheryl

Well, just telling you how I feel about him. He copied other people's songs, screwed them up. If you don't like it, don't read it or I could go away, but then again people want me to stay.

September 27, 2012 @ 6:15 PM

headsup

Cheryl, I could care less about what you like and dislike; whether it be the music of Andy Williams, the Habs, the Suns, Bob Seger, baseball, the digitization of music, online grocery shopping, or your telephone service provider. Those things are all a matter of personal taste. However, I find it distasteful and disrespectful that you would take the opportunity of a person's death to crap all over their life's work. If one does not have anything kind to say at a time like that, one should either not say anything, or politely acknowledge one's talent and that it wasn't your favourite thing. My exposure to Andy Williams' music is like that of 519Rob (I had the same memory of his work through the Simpsons). I didn't like or dislike Mr. Williams' work - I'm just not familiar with it. I know that you will continue to plague this blog with banal comments, and that's your right and choice. Just have some damned respect for human life is all.

September 27, 2012 @ 9:26 PM