Rickard's Beer Arrives, What's Your Favourite Beer?

beerI wanted to thank Rickard's for the tee shirt and Taster's 4-pack they just sent me as part of their Movember promotion for prostate cancer awareness and fundraising. The following arrived this morning.

Rickard's

Their 4-pack includes:

• Rickard's Red
  • Rickard's White
  • Rickard's Dark
  • Rickard's Blonde

What do you guys think of Rickard's beer? What's your favourite beer?

Mississauga Phil

Rickards makes a great Beer!!

Red is my favorite. Dark is a guinnes style beer. When you drink the white, make sure you put an orange slice in it as the citrus releases the flavour (used to bartend at the Keg who did the Launch of Rickards white in Canada)

November 11, 2011 @ 1:25 PM

Jacob

I love Rickard's Red, but sometimes it gives me a headache.

November 11, 2011 @ 1:42 PM

Steve

I've never had a type of Rickard's I didn't like. It's pretty good stuff that I'm happy to drink when it's on tap or served at a party. My absolute favourite beers, however, are Moosehead and StoneHammer, which is actually made not far from where I live. For my money, a pint of StoneHammer Dark is about as good as it gets.

November 11, 2011 @ 1:58 PM

VegasGeoff

I used to drink Red a lot when I was growing up. I tried the White when I was up visiting last year, and it tastes exactly like Blue Moon down here. Turns out, that's exactly what it is...

November 11, 2011 @ 1:59 PM

elvis

Guinness and Labatt 50 for me.

November 11, 2011 @ 2:03 PM

Rob

When I was at school in Peterborough, I was in love with a local micro-breweries Raspberry Wheat beer. The brewery (KLB) now has the beer available at most beer stores.
Just thinking about it is making me thirsty...

November 11, 2011 @ 2:18 PM

Cheryl

Presidents Choice low carb beer is my favourite. go Habs.

November 11, 2011 @ 2:46 PM

Mississauga Phil

It makes sense that a habs fan would go with a low carb beer---the habs are low carb(no weight to throw around) Hows Mr. Glass er...Markov

November 11, 2011 @ 2:54 PM

Mike from Lowville

@ Mississauga Phil, can't judge one fan. I find most commercial beers bland. I'm with Rob. Most micros make decent brews. Some better than Euro suds. I make my own and have won many awards over the years. Having been a member of C.A.M.B.A. I learned how ales and lagers are suppose to taste. Rickard's is a mainstream beer for the masses and not the chosen few.

ps. Got my start at Brew Perfect in Oakville, now Trafalgar Brewery.

November 11, 2011 @ 4:23 PM

Today I Learned: Mike from Lowville makes his own beer!

November 11, 2011 @ 4:32 PM

Andy

I still prefer Molson Dry.

November 11, 2011 @ 4:33 PM

Sam

Let me start by saying I actually like Rickard's. In fact, I'm heading out for a Rickard's Red or two in a couple of hours.

But, this is about Molson's. Molson is this brewing giant that was once ours and it now part of this Molson - Coors monster. Check this out:

Founded in Montreal in 1786, Molson Coors Canada is the oldest brewery in North America and continues to produce beer on the site of the original brewery. The company brews and markets a number of the most popular brands of beer in Canada. Domestic labels include Molson Canadian, Molson M, Molson Export, Molson Dry, Old Style Pilsner, Rickard’s, Creemore Springs and Granville Island Brewing. Through partnerships with other major brewers, Molson Coors Canada also offers a diverse portfolio of beer brands, including Coors Light, Corona, Miller Genuine Draft, Heineken, Foster's Lager and Tiger. Molson employs 3,000 people in Canada and operates five breweries in locations across the country (Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Moncton and St. John's), as well as the Creemore micro-brewery in Ontario and Granville Island Brewing in British Columbia. Molson Coors Canada is part of the Molson Coors Brewing Company.

All that, including Rickard's, is really Molson.

Still a great beer!

November 11, 2011 @ 4:45 PM

Corey

Just another bland macro using corn and God knows what else for ingredients. When I was in my early 20's I thought this was good stuff. But I also thought Blue was a good pilsner. Do you know it was only when they started mass producing beer with cheap ingredients that it became the norm to serve it ice cold? The reason for that is that the cold temperature deadens the flavour. Proof? Try drinking any of this stuff at room temperature and you'll see how bad it really is. Budweiser, Bud Light, Canadian, Coors, even the so called "premium" imports like Heineken and Stella - any thing made by the big guys should not be considered beer.

November 11, 2011 @ 5:30 PM

andrew

I LOVE REP CAP

November 11, 2011 @ 5:45 PM

Kyle

My homebrew, or craft brews for me. You want good beer? Go find an Ontario craft brewer, support local companies, and try something new.

November 11, 2011 @ 6:00 PM

Cheryl

Nothing wrong with low carb beer. It's good and it's cheaper. Go Habs.

November 11, 2011 @ 7:00 PM

dlauthor

Rickard's Red was the beer of choice when I went to McMaster. A pitcher of that will always make me happy, and now I kind of want one, which darn, I'm in the States. But I'm in the States about a 10 minute walk from the Sam Adams brewery, so I'm still happy.

Love microbrews, and love a good Belgian beer too, of course. Really, anything that isn't the piss-tasting yellow beer that I used to associate with America before I moved here.

November 11, 2011 @ 8:04 PM

Gump

DAB DAB DAB DAB
Dortmunder Actien Brauerei

November 11, 2011 @ 8:39 PM

James Edgar

I'm a real fan of Rickards right now. I hate to admit it but until recently I've just drank Canadian Etc. Now i'm activly looking for flavour. more micro brews in my future for sure But the rickards is decent for now.

November 11, 2011 @ 9:32 PM

Roshan

Living where I do, I only get Indian brands like King Fisher or Haywards. Recently we've been gettin Foster's, Tuborg & Carsberg beers which I'll take if I can get them. Not all bars carry them regularly though, which is a drag. I wish I could get Canadian beer of which McAuslan's sounds the most intriguing.

November 12, 2011 @ 12:48 AM

Ajax Mike

Not a big fan of beer in general, but I've been known to drink the occasional Stella on tap. Just had a Sam Adams a few weeks back and really enjoyed it too.

November 12, 2011 @ 3:37 AM

Joe Jackson

My favourite beer is the one in my hand. Seriously (?) though, I do have craft-brewed draft on tap at home and prefer draft of any kind to bottled beer. If really stuck, will order a bottle of OV. Cheers!

November 12, 2011 @ 7:29 AM

George Town

Two beers are tied for first with me:
Free & Other peoples.

November 12, 2011 @ 7:57 AM

CQ

@ elvis (14:03, Nov. 11th)
Labatt 50 at 67 cents a bottle, as advertised in Buffalo last week.

November 12, 2011 @ 12:13 PM

Mississauga Phil

Cheryl - You're the best...you never rise to the bait..you just keep on supporting your habs!!

November 14, 2011 @ 8:05 AM

Guy

Hi. My Favorite beer is Rickards Red. But I run into a lot of Skunky beer in small towns in BC. I guess it does not move fast enough. So I would like to know how to check the date of manufacture or expiration date on the box. So far I can t figure it out. Thanks.

February 22, 2012 @ 11:25 PM