Roger Abbott, Dead at 64

In MemoriumRoger Abbott was 64. He was one of the driving forces behind CBC’s Royal Canadian Air Farce on both TV and radio.

Anonymous

Oh shit. Sad day.

March 27, 2011 @ 3:36 PM

Argie

Sad for him and his family but sorry, he wasn't funny.

March 27, 2011 @ 3:57 PM

Tim G.

Outstanding, unduplicated comedy troop. Dave Broadfoot was always my favorite. Show was best on the radio, but was still good on TV. RIP.

March 27, 2011 @ 4:02 PM

the brother

Oh shit. Sad day.

March 27, 2011 @ 4:05 PM

I hate to agree with Argie, especially in this thread about his Roger's passing, but...

I confessed I had never found Air Farce funny here: http://www.torontomike.com/2007/08/confession_time.html

March 27, 2011 @ 4:08 PM

Andrew

I spent 3 years working on Air Farce at the CBC and their various specials. Roger and Don Ferguson are top notch people and a real pleasure to work on their productions. Their type of humour might not be for everyone, but the 1 million who watched the show during it's heyday certainly enjoyed it.

A sad day indeed.

March 27, 2011 @ 8:56 PM

Andrew

A sad day indeed.

March 27, 2011 @ 8:56 PM

LEW

There are a million people still without cable?

March 27, 2011 @ 9:30 PM

Andrew

I wouldn't be surprise if there weren't more people without cable. :)

I'm not saying I was a fan of their comedy, but there were lines out the studio door each and every Thursday night for both tapings.

March 28, 2011 @ 3:39 PM

Sammi

64 is way too young to die. Condolences to his family and loved ones.

Not a big fan of Air Farce...it had its moments and at least it was funnier than the biggest piece of garbage on Canadian TV....Kids in the Hall.

March 28, 2011 @ 7:38 PM

Roshan

For 4 years or so, I used to watch Air Farce at night around 11:30 on a regular basis. I did find most of the skits funny and enjoyable, especially the chicken cannon & Mike from Canmore. They did have some cool jokes. RIP Roger

March 30, 2011 @ 9:42 AM