Valentine's Day Open Mike

microphoneLet's do another one, because these seems to evoke the best comments and discussions...

Use the comments of this entry to discuss anything you want. Get something off your chest, start a debate, or simply rant away.

P.S. I choo choo choose you.

Roshan

I hate Valentine's day. It makes me feel even more lonely and miserable.

February 11, 2011 @ 9:47 AM

Wayner

Egypt? Not sure why i am being subjected to news reports 24/7...

The more the west gets involved in their internal problems the more ammo the radical elements of islam have to gain support in the region.

February 11, 2011 @ 9:56 AM

The_Voice

Who's got 2 thumbs and is going to see UFC live in Toronto at the Rogers Centre?

*gratuitously points to himself with his own thumbs* This guy!

February 11, 2011 @ 10:29 AM

UFC

UFC: I don't get it!

February 11, 2011 @ 12:07 PM

Carol Anne

I developed a stinkin' cold sore this morning. Just in time for V-Day. Excellent.

February 11, 2011 @ 1:18 PM

Mike from Lowville

@ Carol Anne........You have Herpes?

Oh yeah Egypt? Why celebrate military rule?

What's with Freddy P?

February 11, 2011 @ 3:48 PM

Ditto

Who here actually likes UFC?

February 11, 2011 @ 4:54 PM

Cheryl

I don't know why they have the speakers so loud at concerts. I went to see John Mellencamp on Wednesday. Well, there was no opening act. There was a movie instead. When the show finally started after the movie and intermission, it was very loud, shaking Massey Hall.

February 11, 2011 @ 7:00 PM

Carol Anne

@Mike from Lowville - :P

February 11, 2011 @ 7:01 PM

Rob

If you are into photography, check out this link...
In honour of Valentines day, it is the site of the person I Love the most in the world (no...not me...but thanks for looking)

February 11, 2011 @ 7:27 PM

Cheryl

The Habs will beat the Leafs tonight. yes, they will, and you will all have to put up with ole ole because the Habs will win over the Leafs. Go Habs.

February 12, 2011 @ 7:52 AM

Ryan G

i refuse to be sucked into that vortex known as valentine's day.

to me it's the same as buying a greeting card for someone at halloween (and i love halloween)

don't let consumerism guilt you into buying a Teddy Bear Holding A Heart.

(and, for the record, my fiancee completely agrees with me)

February 12, 2011 @ 8:25 AM

Douglas

Agreed on Valentine's Day and too much coverage of Egypt in the news. Only in the National Post was there any meaningful coverage of the expletives hurled at Toronto city councilors before Doug Ford had the guts to tell off at least one of the "protestors".

For a positive consumerism view on Valentine's Day, on the 15th, chocolate lovers can pick up some of the premium chocolate Valentine's Day goods for half price.

I'm looking forward to seeing Tavares and the unfortunately next to last place Islanders vs. the Sabres at HSBC Center tomorrow, followed up by a plate of Duff's Wings and some Sam Adams (some good American beer - no, that's not an oxymoron) to wash them down.

February 12, 2011 @ 10:02 AM

Wayner

don't get me wrong I am interested in world events...but the coverage was/is way over the top. Celebations are pre-mature until we know where there heading.

I'm guessing now that Freddie P has a full-time gig he no longer has the free time to devote to his blog as he did when he unemployed (and angrier).

Leafs? what has happened to that "truculence"? Some embarassing feats of strength recently. If you're not going to win by scoring win by intimidation

February 12, 2011 @ 10:22 AM

Sam In Scarbrough

If they ever re-made Police Squad Naked Gun movie (And firstly NO-ONE could be better than Leslie Nielsen)
Whom would best be the star?
I say Will Farrell (don't like him but,might be good)
Or Woody Harrelson ??

February 12, 2011 @ 11:33 AM

Rick C in Oakville

I've been sucked into the Valentines vortex, $75.00 for a dozen roses, ach wee, my Scottish fore fathers are choking on their haggis and scotch.

February 12, 2011 @ 8:41 PM

Rob

This is a little late, but the shenanigans that occured during the Pitt-NYI game got me thinking.
You know why I hate hockey sometimes...
Some goon with the Isles decided that he needed to 'fight' with Pens goalie Brent Johnson, after Johnson TKO'd Isles Goalie Rick DiPietro a week ago or so.
Why?
A player has NO F'N balls to go after a goalie. There is no way in hell that is a fair fight.
Its not like some goon kicking the shit out of Crosby/Stamkos/Ovie and you are getting revenge.
The Johnson vs DiPietro fight was a fair, 1 on 1 goalie fight. DiPietro got rocked. End of story.
And that is why I hate hockey sometimes.

February 12, 2011 @ 8:44 PM

Cheryl

I told you the Habs would win. That's great. No goals for the Leafs. You know why? It's because the Habs are the best. They are going to win the cup.

February 13, 2011 @ 8:03 AM

dale

Valentines Day - Commercialism to the top.

Get your other a card & get her something on the 15th when $ is 50% off.

February 13, 2011 @ 2:47 PM

Cheryl

Valentine's Day is a bunch of crap, that's for sure. Anyway, nobody is talking about the great game last night. The Habs won. Ole ole. Ole ole.

February 13, 2011 @ 4:08 PM