Derek Welsman Joins The Dean Blundell Show

cfnyDerek Welsman, who I remember as The Blind Movie Reviewer, has replaced Jason Barr on The Dean Blundell Show.

I'm giving credit to @Groked for tipping me off.

groked

A few years ago, when I listened to more of The Dean Blundell Show than I do now, I remember thinking The Blind Movie Reviewer segments were actually pretty funny. In fact, they were often the funniest part of the show. Here he is banging into trees and singing about it.

The Dean Blundell Show is now Dean Blundell, Todd Shapiro, and Derek Welsman.

Anonymous

I wonder what will be the fate of Adam. Will he be able to keep his job, or will he be like Darrin and be a substitute when somebody is missing.

November 8, 2010 @ 10:12 AM

Balls

November 8, 2010 @ 10:12 AM

McNulty

No matter, I still won't listen anymore.

It also makes make think there was more to Jason's dismissal than we are led to believe.

November 8, 2010 @ 1:03 PM

Hector

Who cares.

November 8, 2010 @ 1:20 PM

Anonymous

There was been a Podcast posted from Jason on why he was let go of the edge, I haven't had a chance to listen to it yest but it can be found at http://www.biggsandbarr.com/

November 8, 2010 @ 1:26 PM

James

I don't listen to the station anymore, but I've met Derek before and he's a REALLY nice guy.

Good luck!

November 8, 2010 @ 2:00 PM

Ross

big props to the Edge for hiring a real talent!

November 8, 2010 @ 4:08 PM

Arron

Hi there,
Sorry this isn't about your current post, but rather an earlier one.
Where did you play rec hockey? I live in the Swansea area and am curious about playing again--also after a major hiatus.

Thanks,
Arron

ideasinglass@gmail.com

November 8, 2010 @ 7:17 PM

andrewS

Derek's sense of humour is orders of magnitude less crude than Blundell's. I figure he'll swing the dynamic back to something reasonable, rather than "two jerks and a quiet guy".

Actually, if they could put Derek opposite someone that they could play off each other without it degrading to fart jokes I think you'd have a winning morning show.

Adam's nice but doesn't really fit anywhere, neither being part of a group dynamic nor being really an engaging solo jockey. I feel kind of bad for him, he's been a bit of a corporate pawn the last few months.

November 8, 2010 @ 8:35 PM

@Arron

I play for 90 minutes a week at Malton Arena. About 20 of us rent the ice every week.

November 8, 2010 @ 10:47 PM

Jesse

Blundell is such a moron, I can't wait till he's off the air.

November 9, 2010 @ 1:56 AM

Seishin

Derek is a great guy, and a fantastic talent.

The Edge and Corus are VERY lucky to have him back on their roster; hopefully he can add some much needed class to the Edge morning show!

November 10, 2010 @ 3:15 PM

glen beck

Jason is apparently considering a wrongful dismisal suit for damages up to 1.3 million

November 12, 2010 @ 7:12 AM

Karim

Jason Barr is not entirely removed from the edge, he is still mentioned on Fearless Fred's bio as:

"Yes. It's Fearless Fred. I know. There's not much I can do about it at this point. It's been my "handle" for seven years now. I used to be just like Jason Barr. I did the stunt boy thing, and just like he was called Danger I was called Fearless."

December 22, 2010 @ 2:35 PM