A New, Independent FM for Strombo

RadioStrombo has dropped a clue as to the future of his radio show now that he's parting ways with Corus. He just posted a teaser on his blog.

strombo

George Stroumboulopoulos is talking about "a new, independent FM". That's the change coming this fall, referenced in his Facebook message on The Strombo Show page.

Hi, Hope your summer is going well... The Strombo Show will be on vacation for the remainder of the summer, with some changes in the works for the fall. But, don't go too far because some really cool things are coming down the pipe. I'll update you as soon as I can :) Thanks, as always. George

Does anyone have a guess as to what this new, independent FM will be? Is it web streaming? A new satellite radio show? A CBC radio show? A podcast?

Buffaloboymike

If its radio I hope I can get it in the car down here

August 9, 2009 @ 11:31 PM

Al

I hope it's a podcast. I'd love to get Strombo uncut and unedited saying what he wants to say. I had a chat with him once after a taping of The Hour and I told him how much I loved the show he did on the FAN back in the day called Game. He got a kick out of that and said he'd love to do something like that again and I suggested he could do it as a podcast. So if it happens, you can thank me.

August 10, 2009 @ 8:29 AM

Hector

Toronto really needs a new radio station.

August 10, 2009 @ 9:38 AM

Jason Paris

Toronto really does need an independent FM, but truth is there's not really an available frequency. Moreover, I'm sure George does well, but he doesn't have the millions it would take to apply for an FM license either.

I'm betting a podcast or possibly something in conjunction with CBC Radio.

August 10, 2009 @ 1:39 PM

James

I ran into George once and talked to him about Game as well! That was a great show.

The Fan had some amazing talent back then (George, Jim Richards, Derringer, Marsden, McCown)

August 10, 2009 @ 1:45 PM

jason

if it was going to be a podcast or on satellite why would they call it FM?

August 10, 2009 @ 1:59 PM

Jason Paris

Not sure, but there is a precedence for the "FM" moniker used for internet sites, such as LastFM.

August 10, 2009 @ 2:07 PM