Back in January, I shared the trailer for One Week. I have a pretty interesting history with the film Saint Ralph, the film Michael McGowan directed prior to this one. Here's how that went...
- August 2005 - I learn there's a cover of Hallelujah by Gord Downie. That's one of my favourite songs covered by the lead singer of my favourite band. I've got to hear this!
- January 2006 - I've been trying to score a copy of this song for almost six months. A post on this blog didn't help, but my Hallelujah hunt continues...
- April 2006 - I finally see Saint Ralph and I love it. It doesn't just have a cool soundtrack but it's a charming as all hell little Canadian flick. I finally hear Downie's Hallelujah and it's better than I had imagined.
- June 2006 - I've got an MP3 of the tune, but it's ripped from the DVD. After a year of hunting, it's the best I can do... This song is nowhere to be found or purchased.
- February 2007 - I have my miracle. The right person has followed my plight and I'm shipped one of only a few copies of the Saint Ralph soundtrack that was never released. I now have two different studio versions of Gord Downie singing Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah.
- February 2009 - I'm going to a screening of One Week, which doesn't have a Downie song on the soundtrack but does have a Gord Downie cameo.
That's right, tonight I get to see a screening of One Week. One viewing of the trailer had me hooked. I'm really looking forward to this.
I'll share my review tomorrow. Here's the trailer that spoke to me.