A Homemade Hallelujah!

musicEven before I saw "Saint Ralph" I was hunting for an MP3 of Gord Downie's cover of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah".

Last month I linked to a site that was sharing several covers of this Cohen classic. I left a comment on that site telling everyone about my search for Downie's version and asking for help. It's not on an album, it's not available for sale online and not even The Tragically Hip faithful seem to have a bootleg copy.

There seemed to be only one way to get this version of the song in MP3 and that's to create an MP3 from the audio output of "Saint Ralph". Sophie, a Hip fan from Germany, saw my comment on the site sharing the Downie covers and offerred to help. She rented the DVD, created an MP3 and emailed it to me early this morning. Hallelujah!

This will tide me over nicely until Downie releases something official. I know a lot of people have been trying to locate this song as I've heard your empathetic pleas since I first wrote about the cover last August. If that's you, leave a comment and I'll email you the MP3 Sophie shared with me this morning.

Pay it forward. Thanks Sophie!

Jill

As the lyrics go......"Well your faith was strong but you needed proof".......I was happy to hear you were able to get a copy of this most sought over treasure. "Hallelujah" is my favorite song and I think I have every version of it except for this. Can you pay it forward my way. Thanks Mike. Thanks Sophie.

June 15, 2006 @ 1:12 PM

Aidan

I'd love to hear this. Thanks!

June 15, 2006 @ 10:57 PM

jasmin

hey mike!
i just watched "saint ralph".. so i was searching for THAT song and so i got your page :) i'm searching for this song so bad.. it made me cry so much more i just love the song.. i'd be sooo happy if you'd send it to me.. thanx from switzerland :)

June 22, 2006 @ 3:50 PM

Brown

hey could you please send me Gord Downie's cover of the song?

June 30, 2006 @ 5:33 PM

lindsay

Hey Mike! Congrats on landing this one, that's amazing - I've been on the same hunt since last summer. Any chance I could be the millionth person to steal it off you? Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

July 10, 2006 @ 1:44 PM

Mark Collins

Can you please, please send me a copy of Hallelujah by Gordon Downie?

I saw the movie on a plane flight down south and have been serching for it ever since.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks so much!

July 11, 2006 @ 9:07 PM

Becky

Oooh, if still possible could you send it to me? I love this song!! Thanks so much, it'd mean so much to me.

July 13, 2006 @ 12:38 AM

Sami

I would love a copy of Gord Downie's cover of Hallelujah. I blew me away in the movie and I've been looking for it ever since. Many thanks....Sami

July 15, 2006 @ 1:00 AM

Tyler

Could you send me a copy. It sounds amazing in the movie.

July 20, 2006 @ 8:03 PM

Sumen

Ah, umm...

I guess I want what everybody else wants!

Thanks heaps from a frustrated (grr), lonesome Aussie Hip fan...

July 24, 2006 @ 7:38 AM

Glenn Haden

Perhaps the most moving and immediate vocal performance of the classic Cohen tune. If you could send a copy, I would be very grateful.

July 24, 2006 @ 11:24 PM

bill wood

Mike,

I would love the mp3. I saw the movie on a flight to Thailand and I have been looking everywhere for that album and only now understand why I have been unable to find anything by Gordo Downie.

Thanks,

Bill

July 26, 2006 @ 6:39 PM

Martial Vergauwen

Hello Mike,

I strongly truly deeply love that song. I found the Cohen song but it doesn't sound as perfect as Downie's one. I also found Jeff Buckley's and that version is even better but still nothing to do with Downie's. I'd be grateful if you could send that ripped version to me.

Thanks.
Marshy

July 30, 2006 @ 7:44 PM

Richard

Mike,
Would you please send me Gord Downie's cover of the song? I really loved it. Thanks.

August 3, 2006 @ 7:22 PM

Richard

August 3, 2006 @ 7:25 PM

Jon

Mike,
Would you please send me a copy of the Gord Downie's cover for Hallelujah? Thank you.

August 13, 2006 @ 10:37 AM

Nathan

Mike, could you please send me a copy of Gord Downie's cover for Hallelujah? My father has been itching for this and I would love to send it to him.

Thank you!

August 14, 2006 @ 12:05 AM

Darren

Hi Mike,
Would you please send me a copy of Gord Downie's Hallelujah as well? I am very happy that there is finally a copy of it somewhere :-)

August 14, 2006 @ 12:08 AM

Beth

Yahoo! I have been searching for a copy of Gord Downie's Hallelujah. Would you mind sharing it one more time???? Thanks SO much!!!!!

August 14, 2006 @ 1:43 AM

Scott

Saw St. Ralph for the 3rd time last night. I am captivated by Downies version. Is it posible to get a copy..... Please

August 16, 2006 @ 7:13 PM

Jamie

Can someone please email me a copy of the mp3 of gord's version of Hallelujah!! Thanks so much.

Jamie
thehip_11@hotmail.com

August 17, 2006 @ 10:14 PM

JPVann

Also would love a copy of Gord's version. I actually wrote asking the publicist for the movie about who to pursue for a soundtrack in general. Thanks!

August 19, 2006 @ 4:34 PM

JPVann

Can you also forward me a copy of the MP3? I wrote to the publicist of the movie asking for the soundtrack (there won't be one made)....

August 19, 2006 @ 4:40 PM

Melissa

I want to hear it!

August 20, 2006 @ 2:42 AM

eugene

Please Gord Downie's version of hallelujah

August 20, 2006 @ 8:02 AM

miracle

Can you please send me the amazing version of Hallelujah sung by Gordon Downie? Thank you so! :) I just saw St. Ralph yesterday & fell in love with the honesty in the song.

August 20, 2006 @ 5:02 PM

Jonathan

Could you please email me a copy of the mp3? Thanks

August 21, 2006 @ 8:25 AM

Richard

Mike:

Please send me the mp3 of Hallelujah by Gord Downie. Thanks very much.

August 23, 2006 @ 12:09 PM

Keith

My wife is dying for this version. Could you please send me a copy. Thank you.

August 25, 2006 @ 9:50 PM

dawn

okay, I'll beg along with the rest. Could I also get a copy of Hallelujah?

August 25, 2006 @ 11:04 PM

CL

I love this rendition... Please do pay it forward to me and I will do the same for another! Thanks!

August 26, 2006 @ 12:59 AM

Marc

I just watched Saint Ralph and would also be very grateful for a copy of Gord Downie's version of Hallelujah. By the way, if you enjoyed the film I would recommend a film called Evil (Ondskan) as a companion piece to Saint Ralph (believe it or not). I saw both these excellent films within a week of each other and they play very well together thematically.

August 26, 2006 @ 1:10 AM

Mike Boon

CL, I tried sending you the file but the email bounced back.

"recipient rejected"

August 26, 2006 @ 9:21 AM

bill

ditto! I hope you can pass on Gord's version of "Hallelujah" so I can start passing it on to others!

August 26, 2006 @ 5:39 PM

mike

I would also appreciate a copy - thanks in advance!!

August 26, 2006 @ 10:25 PM

Hayley

LOVE Gord Downie - LOVE the song - Pls send the MP3 if you could - Thanks so much!

August 27, 2006 @ 10:50 PM

D. Kirk Weint

Mike,

Thank you for your kindness. Please e-mail the Gord Downie - "Hallelujah" for MP3. Best Wishes. D. Kirk Weint

August 28, 2006 @ 12:07 AM

mk

Hi Mike, thank you for your kindness. I'm in search for this song too. Could you please email me one? Thanks a lot!

August 28, 2006 @ 2:30 AM

brett

I too would really appreciate the song. I've been looking high and low. Thank you in advance, Mike.

August 30, 2006 @ 10:22 PM

AvieNL

Hi there, what a great thing, the Internet. Sharing stuff like Internet is ment for. Can you please send me a copy of the song? Looking forward to it!!

September 1, 2006 @ 9:28 AM

Al

I heard the Gord Downie version watching Saint Ralph on a flight to Bangkok. The song is very moving, superbly fitting and made an otherwise tedious journey a lot more interesting. I have searched everywhere, and the most interesting version is k d lang, but I would love the St Ralph version! Thanks!

September 4, 2006 @ 3:46 PM

Nick

Hey, been seaching everywhere for this song. Would you be able to send it along? Thanks!

September 4, 2006 @ 5:21 PM

Pete

I would like a copy sent my way. Thanks!

September 7, 2006 @ 3:31 PM

John

thanks for posting this. I would love a copy. Thanks.

September 9, 2006 @ 1:50 AM

Joyce & Stephen Miletic

Please send us a copy.. it is so sweet a song; my husband and i were moved by Gord Downie's cover and have been searching for it to buy... if you hear that it has been released please let us all know, but in the mean time thanks for the kindness in sending it to us!

--Joyce

September 9, 2006 @ 11:55 PM

Elias

just saw the movie,I would love a copy, thanks.

September 10, 2006 @ 12:26 AM

Jason

I have to join in with everyone else. I've been listening to the Hip for years now, and when I saw St. Ralph I was totally impressed. If you have time, please send me a copy....thanks!

Jason in Idaho

September 10, 2006 @ 3:26 AM

Greg

That is an great way to get the song, I've been looking for it forever as well...can you email Gord's version? Thanks so much!

September 11, 2006 @ 1:27 AM

Greg

September 11, 2006 @ 1:28 AM

Mark

I've been looking hard to find a copy of this song-- can you email it to me?

September 12, 2006 @ 10:31 PM

kyle

please send me gord downies version hallelujah

September 14, 2006 @ 4:40 AM

mike

iv been trying to find this song.can you please send it to me

September 14, 2006 @ 5:26 AM

Kat

hey, i saw Saint ralph in enhlish class today. it such a good movie, and ive been searching for that song everywhere. could you send it please? thanks soo much , i love it.

September 14, 2006 @ 4:31 PM

Blake Adkins

This song was posted on hipmuseum.com for a short while but its gone now. Could you please send it to me? Thanks

September 14, 2006 @ 6:17 PM

Andrew Russell

i'm praying it's not too late to get a copy of this mp3 - i loved the movie, and am a huge tth fan.

thanks in advance.

September 15, 2006 @ 10:04 PM

kelly

hey, i'd love to get a copy of this song if you could send it my way!

thanks a bunch!

September 15, 2006 @ 11:45 PM

Jon

I too would like a copy, I recently saw the movie and I liked the song I started to search and find out who sang/wrote it. Thanks

September 16, 2006 @ 9:15 PM

greg

Great tune, great movie. if someone could send me a copy it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

September 17, 2006 @ 12:05 AM

Mark

Can someone please send me a copy of Gord Downie singing Halellujah? I first saw the movie on a plane and have been searching off and on for this song ever since!

September 17, 2006 @ 10:15 PM

Colleen

Hi there Mike, I too have been looking for this song since first seeing Saint Ralph, I'd love a copy if you could!

September 17, 2006 @ 10:31 PM

John

I've been looking for the song since I first saw St. Ralph...I can't believe that it isn't offered on CD yet!!! Please e-mail me the song if you would...thanks!

September 18, 2006 @ 12:58 AM

lily

I'm seaching for this song all over. I would love a copy ,Please can you email it for me.

lily

September 18, 2006 @ 10:41 PM

Chad

Been looking for this for weeks. If you wouldn't mind sending me the MP3, I'd really appreciate it.

September 19, 2006 @ 5:00 PM

Rebecca

I love this song too. Will you please send it? Thank you!

September 19, 2006 @ 8:04 PM

Manuel

Hye, i'm french guy, and when i saw the movie saint ralph, i found the soundtrack, particularly gord dawnie's song, so marvellous, that i'm looking for it ! i'am so happy to see that someone could find the mp3. I would be eternally grateful if you send it to me ! Thank you so much !!

September 23, 2006 @ 3:24 AM

Julie

I've been searching since seeing the movie. I've listened to every version -- but believe Downie's is my favorite. If you're still sending...please may I have a copy? I promise to pay it forward.

September 23, 2006 @ 4:43 PM

Doug

I, too, am looking for Gord Downie's version of Hallelujah. I'd also be grateful if someone would e-mail me the mp3 of the song.

September 24, 2006 @ 5:45 PM

Graeme

Hi Mike

Like everyone else here, I have been searching for this for ages - ever since seeing the movie and having this song move me to tears.

Thanks for making this available - would you please send me a copy?

September 25, 2006 @ 10:51 AM

Corthew

Great movie...Great version of Hallelujah...I'm not sure a rip from the movie will be sufficient but I guess it'll have to do until someone gets off their arse and releases the soundtrack. I grudgingly join the growing crowd and say, "can I get a hallelujah?" :)

September 25, 2006 @ 8:33 PM

Corthew

I've posted the file on my site to make it more accessable. Until Gord releases a copy of it, this will have to do. http://corthew.com

September 26, 2006 @ 3:47 AM

June Anderson

Hi Mike: Along with your other readers I to have been looking for the song by Downie in St.Ralph. I am from Cambridge, Ont. where part of the movie was filmed. As a matter of fact I watched the race of the"Boston" reactment on a rainy cold morning. If you can send to me a copy of this song I would be grateful. Thanks for doing the leg work on this request. June.

September 26, 2006 @ 4:04 PM

Gavin

Finally happy to have found a copy of the song. Can you send Downie's cover of hallelujah?

September 26, 2006 @ 8:51 PM

Lauren

I would love to have a copy of the Downie cover the song. I love it and the movie. Thanks!

October 2, 2006 @ 1:44 AM

kathy

Please, please, may i have a mp3 copy? Loved the movie, would love a soundtrack of the whole movie!

October 2, 2006 @ 12:36 PM

Monica

Could you send the song to me as well? Thanks so much, been searching for awhile.

October 5, 2006 @ 9:43 PM

David Theis

I guess I sound like the 200th take of this broken record, but I collect versions of Hallelujah and after I saw St. Ralph I looked without success and I would have given up had I not came across this blog. So I to would love to have a .mp3 version if it is still emailable.
Thanks so much.

October 9, 2006 @ 2:17 PM

Angie

It seems that everyone has bugged you for Gord Downie's Hallelujah, but if you could send me a copy of the song, I would be very grateful. Thanks a bunch!

October 14, 2006 @ 12:50 AM

Kerry Ann

Hello there. Bet you never thought you'd get so many folks emailing you for a copy of this great song...or maybe you did realize this because it really is so great. Would you please send me a copy, if you aren't too bogged down fwding the mp3 to all these other folks?? Thank you so much!!

October 14, 2006 @ 8:38 AM

Sara

I would like a copy, too, if possible. Thanks so much!

October 15, 2006 @ 1:37 PM

Walt

I have been searching the net for a couple hours and have finally found someone who has it! Please send me a copy of Gord Downie's Hallelujah.

Thank You!

October 17, 2006 @ 9:41 PM

Al

Hello Mike,
Would you please consider sending me an MP3 copy of Gord Downie's "Hallelujah". My wife would be ever so happy! It's her Birthday on the 23rd (Monday) and I would like very much to be able to present her with this track. Thank you so much.

October 19, 2006 @ 5:10 PM

Mike Boon

Al, if you're reading this, I tried emailing you the file but the address you left has permanent issues. Give me a new address so your wife can enjoy her 23rd birthday.

October 19, 2006 @ 7:20 PM

Al

Hello Mike,
My mistake! Here is my correct e-mail address. Thank you once again for this track -
Sincerely,
Al

October 19, 2006 @ 11:36 PM

Ned Badgett

Would you please send me a copy of Gord Downie's version of Hallelujah? Thank you very much.

October 20, 2006 @ 9:45 PM

Sonia

Hey there! My sister and I have been searching for this song for ages! We are so glad that you guys have come up with this! We would greatly appreciate it if you could e-mail it to us...Thanks so much!

October 21, 2006 @ 1:56 AM

Charlene Warring

I hate to ask you after you've already been so generous to everyone, but PLEASE, pretty please can I have it, too? Clearly it is a very inspirational song for many - like most, I saw St Ralph, fell in love with the song, cried me a river and then sat with pen in hand while the credits rolled so I could find out what I wanted... You're a wonderful man for spreading all this love!! Thank you!

October 21, 2006 @ 10:23 AM

Mauro Biliato

Mike,

I've been searching for over a year for the Leonard Cohen song Hallelujah covered by Gord Downie. Could you please send me the mp3 given to you by Sophie.

Thanks for Paying It Forward.

October 25, 2006 @ 9:54 PM

Louise Schuster

I would love to get a copy of the song Hallelujah. It's been going through my head the past year as I have heard it played on numerous television shows and just tonight heard it in the movie Saint Ralph. I listened to the Cohen version, and it is not even close to the beauty of Gord Downie's verions. Thanks in advance!

October 26, 2006 @ 11:26 PM

Dustin Bailey

Hi Mike
I thought the movie was subpar, but have been haunted by the GD song ever since. Thanks be to you and your accomplice for getting creative; I would truly appreciate a copy of the tune. By the by, I am going to see the Hip tomorrow night in Calgary. Should be the crowning moment of my existence!

October 29, 2006 @ 12:34 AM

Lauri

Hi, canadians! I just saw in TV "Saint Ralph" and I cried, because of the movie and because of the Gord Downie's version of "Hallelujah". Great song, great movie! I am so happy I found that site and found link of the mp3. Thanks!

Corthew, special thank you for the link!

October 29, 2006 @ 10:00 AM

Corey Larsen

Mike,
Thanks for offering to send Gord Downie's version of "Hallelujah". I have been searching for it ever since I saw Saint Ralph, it's an awesome cover. Will you please send in my way? I'm at coreylarsen@gmail.com
Thank you!

October 31, 2006 @ 7:26 PM

Veronic Bond

please, please, send me a copy. I'm like all the above comments, been searching, no luck. Thank you and "hallelujah"!

November 1, 2006 @ 4:53 PM

Adam

I've never posted before (ever to any site!) but the thought of getting my hands on a copy of Downie's version of Hallelujah was enough to inspire me. Please send it along.

November 5, 2006 @ 2:11 PM

Bonnie Frasier

Saw the movie last night and loved the song. Spent 30 minutes on the internet looking for it. Could you please send a copy. Thanks!

November 5, 2006 @ 7:00 PM

Adam

Hey Mike, I'm trying to prepare myself for a very important race that is coming up. I saw this movie on the reccommendation of a fellow runner and would love it if you could find the time to send me a copy of the Hallelujah rendition. It would be a big help in preparing me for my race. Thanks!

November 6, 2006 @ 2:16 AM

Jen

Amazing! So many people wanting the same song... dear Mike you probably wished you had never posted the blog. Tonight my 13 year old said to me "Mom, I think I've got the melody for that great song" and began to sing. "No, that's not it" her brother and I responded. "Yeah, that's from OC California". Mike, when you agree that great music vs OC California should be in our brains, PLEASE send us a copy also! for an apple user... thank-you

November 13, 2006 @ 3:42 PM

Mike Boon

Jeff Buckley's cover of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" is "that OC song" to many 13 year olds.

Buckley's cover is great. Downie's cover gives me chill. I'm sending it to you now.

November 13, 2006 @ 3:48 PM

Paul

Hey Mike, could you please email me Gord Downie's version of Hallelijah.

My story is similar to yours looking for a copy of the song (not as exhaustive), a friend of mine works for Alliance Atlantis and I asked him about a soundtrack. He said (last summer) that they were trying to put it together but were having licensing issues and then interest kind of died out.

Look forward to the link.

November 13, 2006 @ 11:00 PM

Randy

We just watched Saint Ralph and my wife and I LOVE Gord Downie's version of Hallelujah. Would someone be kind enough to send us the MP3? We would really appreciate it!

Thank you!

November 26, 2006 @ 12:31 PM

Randy

Thanks, for sending it Mike! Gord has a great voice with a lot of passion and it sounds just terrific.

November 26, 2006 @ 1:40 PM

Matt

Mike, could you please send me a copy of the file as well, I have also been looking for this song everywhere. Thanks so much

Matt
gosser128@hotmail.com

November 27, 2006 @ 4:19 PM

Carey

Please to the list wanting the music file. Thanks!
Carey

November 30, 2006 @ 8:21 PM

Meg Sanders

Hi Mike!

My mother has been searching for this song ever since she saw the movie (and I have as well . . . ) Would you mind sending it my way? I'd love to give it to her for Christmas!!!
Thanks,
Meg
mgoggins20@yahoo.com

December 3, 2006 @ 7:59 PM

Meg Sanders

I've been searching for awhile now! Would you send this song along to me?

Best,
Meg
mgoggins20@yahoo.com

December 3, 2006 @ 8:08 PM

alicia

Hello~
I am running my 2nd marathon and would love to have this song to listen to for my last mile:) I would really appreciate it if you could please email it to me as well!

Alicia

December 4, 2006 @ 4:38 PM

desi

I've been searching for this song! Could you send it to me? Please and thanks.

December 4, 2006 @ 10:16 PM

chris

I would love a copy of this song, i remember looking forward to the movie, when i seen the picture in the paper, ive been trying to get this song since last christmas!! I would love a copy of this mike

December 5, 2006 @ 10:02 PM

Troy Urdahl

I just saw Saint Ralph for the first time last week and started to look for Downie's version of Hallelujah right away . . . alas I find your post and I am very hopefully you might be able to share a copy of the song with me. I'd really appreciate it! Thanks.

December 6, 2006 @ 9:04 AM

dave

I just found this post. I have a youtube clip of the end of the movie - but I'd love an mp3 for my ipod shuffle. I'm a pudgy guy from Pittsburgh who's started a running program. I used the Cale version of Hallelujah to help finish a 10K. Not the Boston Marathon - the Gord Downie version might get me further - thanks

December 6, 2006 @ 8:51 PM

Cheryl Reid

I'd love to have Gord's version. Please add me to your list of requestees!
Thanks Mike.
Cheryl

December 7, 2006 @ 9:09 AM

Alex Jenkins

My wife and I loved Gord Downie's version of Hallelujah! and would appreciate receiving a copy if it's still available. Thanks for doing this.
Alex

December 11, 2006 @ 10:49 PM

Brett R

Mike - I would appreciate a copy of the mp3 as well! You're right, it's as if the movie was made for the song. Amazing.

December 13, 2006 @ 8:26 AM

scott

I have been looking for this mp3 for some time now. if you have a copy of it, please send it to me!

scott

December 13, 2006 @ 10:34 AM

Brendan

This is great! I have been looking for a copy since August.

Thanks Mike

Brendan

December 13, 2006 @ 9:51 PM

Jules

Toronto Mike, you are amazing! I'm in Croatia and just saw Saint Ralph on TV. Hearing Gordy sing that song not only made me cry in the movie, but made me miss Canada so much! Could you please send a lonely expat the MP3 too? Thanks!

December 14, 2006 @ 2:02 PM

Barbara

Like many before, I just saw the movie and I found your site while looking for the song. I would appreciate a copy. Thanks for helping.

December 14, 2006 @ 8:07 PM

Charlie

I would also love to have a copy. Thanks!

December 14, 2006 @ 8:42 PM

David

My dad LOVES this song and has been looking for it everywhere. i thought it would be a nice little gift to give him a copy of it--could you please e mail me a copy? Thanks in advance!

December 14, 2006 @ 11:06 PM

Sylvain

I've been searching for this song! Could you send it to me? I'm French and i'll be very happy to find it!

thanks.

December 15, 2006 @ 3:45 AM

Mike Boon

Barbara, your email account is over its quota. Get a Gmail account and toss me the addy when you can receive this 3108K file.

December 15, 2006 @ 2:17 PM

Rick

My wife loves the Gord Downie version of "Hallelujah." Would love to give it for Christmas. Thank you so much for your time, and...Merry Christmas to you and yours!

December 16, 2006 @ 7:37 PM

Claude FLAMBOURARI

My wife and me just saw St Ralph yesterday. A wonderful movie. The song Halleluyah performed by Gordon Downie pleased us so much I'm trying to get it with no result... until I saw your message. For this Christmas time would you be king enough to send me the precious MP3 file ?
I'd greatly appreciate. Best to you all.
Claude (Paris - France)

December 16, 2006 @ 7:56 PM

Aaron Bonham

saw saint ralph a few months ago, it was good, but the thing that stayed with me since I saw it was the Downie version of this song. One of the best covers of anything I'v ever heard. can you please forward a copy of the MP3 to me? Thanks.

December 16, 2006 @ 8:13 PM

theboyk

any chance i can get this sent to me!!?

December 18, 2006 @ 5:21 PM

wade

hey mike, can you stand another request for Gord Downie's cover of Hallelujah? If so, many thanks ...... wade

December 19, 2006 @ 1:54 AM

David Stephen

I saw the movie St Ralph and found it very touching. I was unfamiliar with the song Hallelujah at the time but found it haunted me. I have listened to various versions of this song since, finding them all emotionally moving but none has had the impact the Gord Downie version made upon me. If possible please forward the mp3 I would greatly appreciate it.

December 20, 2006 @ 1:04 AM

Gail Meyer

Mike,
Hate to be the millionth person to ask, but can I get a copy of Downie's Hallelujah too? Just saw the movie and loved the song! Thanks

Gail

December 23, 2006 @ 1:47 PM

Joel

Hard to believe that is unreleased! Could you please send me a copy of the MP3?

December 24, 2006 @ 1:39 PM

Brandon

After seeing St. Ralph, I have been training to run the Indianapolis Mini Marathon. It moved me so much I hope to one day run Boston. Could you please also send me a copy Mike! Thank you so very, very much!

December 24, 2006 @ 4:34 PM

linda cates

Just saw the movie Saint Ralph...went for a search for soundtrack and ultimately found this site. Obviously, I was not alone in my reaction to the movie and the music. Would greatly appreciate the forwarding of Hallelujah!!!

December 26, 2006 @ 10:37 PM

Cornelius

hy,
my wife loves the Gord Downie version of "Hallelujah". Could you please send me a copy. Thank you.

December 27, 2006 @ 3:41 PM

Mark B

Mike,
Can I get in line for the song also? Thanks, I'm glad to see I am not the only person to spend hours searching for this song!

December 28, 2006 @ 12:14 AM

Lorri

just watched the movie and was looking for the song. I ended up here. I would love a copy of your mp3.

December 31, 2006 @ 1:59 AM

Darrell

Would love a copy of the song. Just watched the movie on December 31st and loved it, especially the song.

January 4, 2007 @ 9:54 AM

Jim

Mike, I saw the movie a couple of days ago and I was blown away by Gord Downie's version of Hallelujah. If you can, please forward the MP3.

Thans
Jim

January 5, 2007 @ 12:45 AM

Karen

Please send me a copy. I'll be forever grateful.
Karen

January 6, 2007 @ 9:31 PM

Anonymous

ksaustin@alumni.indiana.edu

Thanks.

January 6, 2007 @ 9:33 PM

Mike

Mike, St. Ralph is one of my all time favorite movies. Please send me a copy of Hallelujah. If you have a copy of "Goodnight Moon", I'd be grateful for that as well. Thank you very much. Mike

January 10, 2007 @ 6:32 PM

Blaine

Since I first saw the movie Saint Ralph 2 years ago I have been periodically searching the net for the song. I never did find it till now. I would absolutely love to have a copy.

Thx
Blaine

January 11, 2007 @ 11:27 AM

hayley

Pls share the Gord Downie MP3 of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah".
I too have been on a Quest for this - it is eerily wonderful !
Thx Pay it FWD
Hayley

January 13, 2007 @ 11:26 AM

james

hey mike, I would love it if you could email me a copy of gord's hallelujah - what a fantastic version of an amazing song!

January 15, 2007 @ 8:36 PM

Greg Butcher

Hi Mike
I am Adam Butcher's dad and I'd love to get a copy of Gord's version of Hallelujah.

Thanx

Greg

January 18, 2007 @ 1:51 PM

DrHGuy

Mike --
Such a wonderful song. I'd appreciate it if you could sent it my way as well. Thanks

January 19, 2007 @ 12:28 PM

Andrew

Would love a copy of the Gord Downie version. Saw the movie in theatres a few years back and ever since then have been mesmerized by that song, especially that version. Thanks.

January 20, 2007 @ 2:31 AM

Jermy

Please send a copy to rigm3917@bellsouth.net

Thank you!

January 20, 2007 @ 8:59 AM

Leslie

Mike - congratulations on finding the song! can you please send me the mp3 file? i'm collecting as many versions as I can!!

January 21, 2007 @ 6:15 PM

Cari

I saw the movie a few months ago and loved the song, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere. If you could send me a copy that'd be great.

January 23, 2007 @ 9:09 PM

whorella mundane

please send me this song - i have the movie. i have every song gordie's done but this was so excellent in the movie so please send me the mp3. i've tried finding it everywhere ... whorella.mundane@verizon.net

THANK YOU! hallelujia all over!

January 25, 2007 @ 7:04 PM

Kate

Me, too, please? Can't you post it so you don't have to send it to all of us rabid fans?

January 26, 2007 @ 11:35 AM

Devin

I've been searching for that song everywhere for the past 9 months, it is NO WHERE to be found, if you could send it to me you'd make my day

January 26, 2007 @ 1:53 PM

Jorge

I'm also one of the many that have been searching for this song. Please send me the song, thanks.

January 28, 2007 @ 3:05 AM

Steve

Hi Mike,

Can you please send me a copy of Gord Downie's version of "Hallelujah"? Thanks a lot.

January 29, 2007 @ 12:02 PM

Declan Carroll

Hi, could you send me a copu of Gord Downie's Hallelujah. Thank you.

January 29, 2007 @ 2:56 PM

Sally

Hi, Mike!
We watched this movie last night and fell in love with the song! I was crushed to learn it is not available. Can you please send me a copy of your MP3 file? Thanks so much!!!

January 30, 2007 @ 6:08 PM

Jenn

I would be FOREVER greatful for this!!! I have been looking for this and was so sad to find out I couldnt get it. I loved the movie and Gord Downies version of this was the icing on the cake!

THANKS!! :D

February 1, 2007 @ 12:44 AM

Some Dude

I, too, am interested in that tune. I saw the film months ago -- maybe even a year or more now -- and I'd love a copy of the Gord Downie version.

As a piece of trivia: I attended a show with the film's director, and he said that Downie was watching the film as he recorded his cover of Hallelujah. If you listen carefully, you can hear his voice hitch when Ralph is running the marathon. Apparently he had tears streaming down his face as he sang.

February 1, 2007 @ 7:41 PM

Mike Boon

Andrew Lockington, the composer for Saint Ralph, told me something similar.

February 1, 2007 @ 7:45 PM

Chris Glencross

Mike,
I'd actually given up looking for this ... I'd love to get a copy?

February 2, 2007 @ 11:39 AM

Tom

Just watched the film and like everybody else, I immediately checked the soundtrack. Gord's got the perfect voice for this track.
Could you please send me a copy?

February 2, 2007 @ 11:24 PM

nis

Please email me the song or refer me to a site where I can buy it if an official version is out.
You have no idea how long I've been looking for that version.
Many thanks!

February 3, 2007 @ 5:22 PM

Wyzzard

Nice to find a place where there are so many others who appreciate this fine song. I'd love to have a copy of Downie's version. And THANKS in advance, Michael...great site, too! (For those of you who are into 'Hallelujah', Regina Spektor has a version also, which is not to be missed.)

February 4, 2007 @ 6:11 AM

Joe Schremmer

Could you please send me a copy of Hallelujah by Gord Downie. It is an unbelievable version of the song and would like to give to my wife for Valentines Day

February 5, 2007 @ 3:40 PM

tmac

Hi Mike, could you please send me a copy of Gord Downie's amazing cover of Hallelujah. As stated by many others, it would be very much appreciated!

February 5, 2007 @ 9:07 PM

Derek

Hi Mike - thanks for all the work you are doing. If it is still possible, could you please e-mail the song to me?

February 6, 2007 @ 4:18 PM

Gordo

I would love a copy of the song. Thanks very much.

February 6, 2007 @ 11:31 PM

samia

I would love a copy of the song. Thanks very much.
i would pay for it.
thanks

February 8, 2007 @ 6:33 AM

samia

I would love a copy of the song. Thanks very much.
i would pay for it.
thanks

February 8, 2007 @ 6:34 AM

Ralph

Please send me a copy. Thank you.

February 10, 2007 @ 12:43 AM

Werner

I like the movie very much - and the song too
Could you please send me a copy of the song
Greetings from Germany

February 10, 2007 @ 2:10 PM

Mitch

Well you seem to get hundreds of requests for the song- I'll add mine too please- downie gives a great version of a great song

February 11, 2007 @ 10:42 AM

Mitch

February 11, 2007 @ 10:43 AM

angela

that song kills me. pleeeease send it to me. thans so much.

February 11, 2007 @ 10:51 PM

Matt

Another request for the same! Thanks so much

February 14, 2007 @ 12:10 AM

Mike

Just read about this on Humble's blog. Can't believe I never knew this version existed. Thanks for sharing!

February 16, 2007 @ 7:56 PM

Jeana

I would love a copy as well if you wouldn't mind passing the mp3 along. Thanks..

February 17, 2007 @ 8:32 PM

Don

Just saw this. I would appreciate one as well. Thanks.

February 18, 2007 @ 4:55 PM

Allie

Hey! I know what you're thinking..."Can you send me the song?" Ha, you're right, that would be awesome. I recently saw Saint Ralph through a church group and I right away knew what the song was and who it was by, unlike my 14 year-old peers. Thanks again!

February 18, 2007 @ 6:15 PM

Tom

It's great that you're doing this. I'd like a copy of the song please. TIA

February 19, 2007 @ 10:00 PM

Tom

It's great that you're doing this. I'd like a copy of the song please. TIA

February 19, 2007 @ 10:00 PM

Christy

Yet another request for the MP3. I am eternally grateful and am happy to profess that I, too, would purchase the soundtrack in its entirety and/or piecemeal from an online song-source.
Thank you so very much for all of your efforts. It brings a lot of people joy.

February 20, 2007 @ 5:08 PM

Angelina

Hello! I, too, would love a copy of the song. Thank you!

February 21, 2007 @ 12:05 AM

Alan

I find myself amazed and amused at the search for this song. I spent quite a bit of time looking for it online. I would purchase it as well, if given the chance. Please email it to me. I'd be grateful.

February 21, 2007 @ 12:47 AM

Benjamin

Hey mike.
I just stumbled across your page after reading up about 'hallelujah' on wikipedia. Im also going to be on the hunt for 'Saint Ralph' from now on.
Could you please send me the song, I'd really want to understand how you have gone through so much just to find this song.
Thank You. :)

February 22, 2007 @ 1:12 PM

Chris

Mike -
Given the huge interest - how about finding out from your source in the industry how all of us can let them know we want to get a copy - and we're all happy to pay for it..

February 23, 2007 @ 8:49 AM

Mike Boon

Right now there is no way to buy a copy. This baffles me as well.

I know some people are definitely trying to make this music available. I'll let you know if they succeed.

February 23, 2007 @ 8:58 AM

darrell potts

Mike,

after an hour or so searching for this song on-line - you appear to be my only hope. My wife will be happy when you send it, so I'll quit trying to re-create the performance myself (I've been playing and singing it for almost a week now).

Thanks.

February 28, 2007 @ 4:22 PM

Jason

I would love to hear this, could you send me a copy?

much appreciated.

March 1, 2007 @ 11:05 AM

Brian

I just finished watching Saint Ralph and was filled with emotion during the scenes when Hallelujah was playing. I would love to get a copy of the song!
Thanks Brian
Boise, ID

March 8, 2007 @ 2:42 AM

Danny

Hi, I would really appreciate it to have a copy of this song as its so beautiful, would be forever grateful.

yours

Danny

March 9, 2007 @ 9:54 AM

David

Please be so kind to send me a copy of this wonderfull song.

March 10, 2007 @ 11:56 AM

Matt

Looked around a little bit for the actual song with no luck...here is the mp3 pulled from the movie though: Here

March 12, 2007 @ 12:00 AM

John

Would be greatful if someone could send me a copy of the song, love the movie and would love to add the song to my running playlist. Thanks

March 15, 2007 @ 11:15 AM

Tommy

This is my only chance to get this song. Can someone please send it to me.
Tommy

March 16, 2007 @ 4:57 AM

Judy

Like everybody else I'd pay for the entire soundtrack. Lucky you! Please email what you can. Thanks.

March 18, 2007 @ 9:53 AM

Bob

I'll join the throng requesting 'Hallelujah'...

...Thanks!

March 21, 2007 @ 6:31 PM

Patrick

What a great song. I watched the movie alone, then with my son, then with my wife, and then with a few friends. Each time the viewers noted how awesome that song was and asked me if I could get it. I did not know but your blog gives me hope. Can you send it to me? Thanks greatly.

March 30, 2007 @ 1:05 PM

Steve

Please email a copy :)

March 31, 2007 @ 5:41 PM

jen

My son's chorus (a group of uncomfortable 7th graders) just belted out a version of this that didn't leave a dry eye. I'd love a copy of the mp3 to play for him. Thanks!

April 2, 2007 @ 10:10 AM

Kathryn

Been hunting on line for the song. Thanks for the answer. Please send me a copy. thanks

April 2, 2007 @ 3:51 PM

Kathryn

April 2, 2007 @ 3:53 PM

Angela

Can you please send me a copy of the song as well?

April 6, 2007 @ 4:10 PM

byron

Please send me a copy.
Thankyou.

April 12, 2007 @ 2:07 AM

Robert

I love this song. Please send me a copy. Thanks!

April 13, 2007 @ 7:16 PM

jk

yea i watched the movie in my class today..and the song got to me..i cant get it out of my head..at 1st i thought it was wierd..guess it grew on me..think u can send it?
thanks

April 13, 2007 @ 10:49 PM

kidbri

Please...this is my all time favorite song..until I saw the film moments ago, John Cale's version was my favorite; no longer. I beg you for a copy.

April 14, 2007 @ 2:22 AM

Matt

Until now Jeff Buckley's version was my favirote. I would even play it on the guitar everyday. But now This version is my faviorte. Please and thank you.

April 15, 2007 @ 11:58 AM

David

please send me a copy?

thanks

April 18, 2007 @ 5:46 PM

Tim

I'd love a copy of this exquisite version of this song. Just saw Gord and the Hip live last night and was searching for covers - came across this site...
Thanks.

April 20, 2007 @ 12:41 AM

BRL

I'd also love a copy of the Gord Downie version of Hallelujah. I hope you can still send me one.

I don't know if it'll compete with Jennifer Terran's version (that is my personal favorite), but I just have to find out.

Anyway, here's a belated congratulations on tracking this down. It's good to see quests can still turn out well!

April 21, 2007 @ 1:31 AM

Nicole

I would love a copy of the mp3! It's amazing thast you tracked it down I've been trying to for a while.

April 22, 2007 @ 4:37 PM

Erin

I am very interested in getting a copy of Hallelujah. I just saw the movie and I agree that this particular version was chilling.

April 22, 2007 @ 7:58 PM

Manda

I would love a copy of this version of the song.

Thanks so much for your work in getting this version to people.

April 23, 2007 @ 2:30 AM

Alan Carver

Please send me a copy of the Gord Downie "Hallelujah". I never knew he had recorded a version of it, and would love to add it to my collection of Hip songs and "Hallelujah" covers.

April 23, 2007 @ 5:03 PM

Carrie Dragon

I'm having a baby in three weeks and am compiling a CD of soothing birth music. I definitely want Downie's "Hallelujah" to be a part of it. Could I have a copy, please?

April 26, 2007 @ 12:37 PM

Toronto Mike

Carrie, you can repay me by naming your child Mike.

April 26, 2007 @ 1:30 PM

Rick B

Just another in the growing legion of Downie's version. Would love to listen to an mp3 of Hallelujah by one Hip dude.

April 27, 2007 @ 4:09 PM

Tthip

Thanx for sharing this in your blog - and I would love a copy.

May 3, 2007 @ 1:32 PM

Bernadette Lampman

I loved the movie and have searched everywhere for the song too! wanted to buy it but will take it how I can. If you would send it I would be so grateful

May 4, 2007 @ 9:27 AM

Gold Summers

Would you send me a copy of Downie's Hallelujah. Thank you.

May 4, 2007 @ 1:21 PM

Hillary Porter

Could I get a copy of Downie's Hallelujah too? I love the song, and I'd love to hear my favourite singer do it.

May 12, 2007 @ 8:25 PM

Fred Mills

I just finsihed viewing Saint Ralph and my wife and I both were deeply moved by Downie's Hallelujah. I would appreciate it if you could send me a copy of the mps.

May 16, 2007 @ 9:53 PM

Travis Terrill

Hi Mike! So glad someone has a copy of this! I would love it if you could send a copy my way!

PS Thanks Sophie!!!

May 17, 2007 @ 2:14 AM

A.S.

I would greatly appreciate a copy.
Thanks.

May 20, 2007 @ 2:53 AM

Jason Hudson

I, like so many others, have been searching in vain for a copy for months ever since I was loaned a copy of "Saint Ralph" as inspiration while training for my last marathon. Like many others I have also collected myraid other covers of the song in the course of the search for this, the most moving version. Thank you for offering an end to the search and a capstone for my collection.

May 22, 2007 @ 12:51 AM

Joanie

I loved that version too, but won't ask for a copy. I went online trying to find the words for "Three Words" which was also in this movie and I watched the credits and it's sung by Andrew Lockington and he and Michael McGowan wrote it, I think it said. I would just like to read the lyrics. I also went to Amazon and was surprised that I could not find the soundtrack there. I thought there would be a CD of the songs in the movie.

May 22, 2007 @ 9:21 PM

Laura

I have a friend who has been looking for Gordon Downies' Halleluja, forever...I would really like to surprise her with a copy, if you would be so kind to forward one. Thanks

May 25, 2007 @ 11:51 AM

Vincent Chiu

Please...need..hip..

May 27, 2007 @ 3:07 AM

Larry

Hello Mike, I would love a copy of halleluja and any news about a cd release.

May 28, 2007 @ 2:09 PM

Laura Nolden

Hello Mike,

I would LOVE a copy of Gord Downie's Halleluja. I met the Tragically Hip a few weeks ago after a show in the U.S and they are the nicest set of guys. Thanks Much!

May 31, 2007 @ 3:00 PM

Laura Nolden

Hello Mike,

May 31, 2007 @ 3:00 PM

Laura Nolden

Hello Mike,

Would LOVe a copy of Gord Downie's Hallelujah. Met the Hip a few weeks ago after a show in the U.S. They are the nicest guys.
Thanks Much

May 31, 2007 @ 3:04 PM

Laura Nolden

Hello Mike,

Would LOVE a copy of Gord Downie's Hallelujah. Met the Hip a few weeks ago after a show in the U.S. They are the nicest guys.
Thanks Much

May 31, 2007 @ 3:04 PM

Laura Nolden

Hello Mike,

Thanks Much

May 31, 2007 @ 3:04 PM

Boups

Huge fan of Saint Ralph... elbowed my wife in the ribs when Gord started singing. Please email me the mp3 if possible. Thanks!

June 10, 2007 @ 10:31 PM

Bernd

Hey Mike,
I#m happy that i found this page today. Please can you send me copy of Gord's "Hallelujah"? Thanks

June 13, 2007 @ 9:43 PM

Vesna

i would be forever grateful if you sent me a copy of this song. thanks heaps.

June 19, 2007 @ 9:41 PM

daria

i'd like the mp3 too.
thankx.

June 23, 2007 @ 4:28 PM

Mark Mitchell

If you're still sending out this mp3 please send a copy my way. Love this version of the song.

June 26, 2007 @ 9:39 PM

Tegan

Same as the others - if you are still sending out Gord's Hallelujah I'd love a copy. Thanks.

June 28, 2007 @ 9:19 PM

John

I'd love a copy of the song. It is indeed haunting...

June 30, 2007 @ 12:01 AM

Meg Well

Can you e-mail me the song? I've been searching for it all over the place!

June 30, 2007 @ 1:06 AM

Erica

I'd love a copy as well. Thanks!

July 6, 2007 @ 10:09 PM

Wendy

I just saw the film a few days ago and now I've been hunting for the soundtrack when I came across your site.. I'd really appreciate getting a copy of Hallelujah, as performed by Downie - thanks so much

July 11, 2007 @ 5:37 PM

Dawna

I am surprised at all these people wanting the same song that had my mom and me in tears. Great film! Great music! Wonderful song ~. Please email a copy to me.

July 19, 2007 @ 8:47 AM

Erin

Would you please send me the mp3 for Gord Downie's Hallelujah from SAINT RALPH? Thanks.

July 20, 2007 @ 8:58 AM

Sanford

i saw the film for the first time last week - song makes the flick - can you send me a copy cheers

August 1, 2007 @ 4:29 PM

Jason

Hi there, could you please send me the mp3 of GD's Hallelujah? Thanks!

August 3, 2007 @ 11:27 AM

Law Hall

I just saw the movie today and i need that song. I NEED IT

August 3, 2007 @ 7:56 PM

Sebastian

Well, it makes me happy to find out that so many other people actually are very emotional about this song, too. If you do still have a way to send it out, you would make me very happy.

Thank you!

Seb

August 7, 2007 @ 9:22 AM

Aimee Fields

I can't tell you how much this song also affected me. I get chills everytime I watch the movie. If you wouldn't mind, I would also like a copy. I would be forever grateful.

Thank you....
Aimee

August 8, 2007 @ 8:32 PM

Eric S

i came across this while looking for a rufus wainwright version of hallelujah, i'm very interested to see if this version of the song is more than just hype. the way you go on about it has my interest peaked, i would love a copy, if you wouldn't mind of course.

thanks,
eric s

August 10, 2007 @ 1:17 AM

Luke

If you're still sending this out by email, I would love a copy. Thanks a lot.

--Luke

August 12, 2007 @ 7:25 PM

Frederic

Mike, it is not fair to keep such a treasure for yourself. you need to talk to whoever gave you that CD and ask to reconsider his position. Looks like the cd will never be out. what you have is Saint(!), you can't keep it for yourself. You have the power to fill so many people with joy and inspiration, it's not just another song and you know that. Come on man do that for all of us. ;-)

August 20, 2007 @ 8:57 PM

Toronto Mike

Frederic, you make a compelling argument, but my secret source shared the CD with me so long as it was for my ears only.

I'm the luckiest SOB on the planet. I'm paying back the karma gods by running a marathon.

August 20, 2007 @ 9:41 PM

frederic

well now you better win that marathon! good luck.
be kind to email me the homemade version until maybe your friend changes his mind...
thanks

August 21, 2007 @ 9:33 AM

James

Hi Mike,
If your still passing this song along I would really appreciate. I just finished watching the movie and I can't believe how amazing this song is. If you have any connections with Gord's management they really should consider releasing this song in some fashion. They could at the very least donate the proceeds to Gord's favorite charity. Unfortunately not enough people watch Canadian films!

August 24, 2007 @ 2:21 AM

Toronto Mike

Sadly, I don't have any connections with Gord's management. I do have contact with his webmaster, but that route didn't reap any rewards.

Does anyone out there have any connections with Gord's management?

August 24, 2007 @ 9:07 AM

Elizabeth

PLEASE PLEASE i want this version of the song. I would love for it to be sent to me

August 24, 2007 @ 10:25 PM

jean

I would love a copy of the song!

Thanks..

August 27, 2007 @ 9:26 AM

sarah

One of my favourite songs done by one of my favourite singers. Could I get a copy please? Thanks!

August 28, 2007 @ 9:29 PM

Ophie

Hi Mike - I have been searching for Downie's version of Hallelujah for over a year!! Somehow, I didn't stumble across your blog 'til now... ;p I would be most grateful if you could send me the mp3 - thanks!

August 31, 2007 @ 12:19 AM

Alex Bigatti

It is great to learn this song is available somehow. Can you please send me a copy of the mp3?

August 31, 2007 @ 5:57 PM

Josh Hoff

I'm a XC coach and my team loves this movie. I'm making a video of our season and would love to include this song. If you could, please send a copy of the mp3 my way.
Thanks and much appreciated!

September 3, 2007 @ 8:28 PM

Lauren

I just watched Saint Ralph for the first time and immediately started searching for this song. It seems as if nobody has asked for it in over a year, but I would be extremely grateful if you'd pass it on anyway. It's a beautiful song that is regrettably not available anywhere else. Thanks and God Bless!

September 7, 2007 @ 9:58 PM

Toronto Mike

Hey Lauren, over a year? Josh asked on September 3rd, Alex on August 31, Ophie on August 31, Sarah on August 28, and so on...

I can honestly say a week doesn't go by without me getting at least a few requests for this song, and I've been sharing this copy for well over a year now.

September 8, 2007 @ 11:10 AM

Cortney

I, like everyone else just saw Saint Ralph and loved Downie's version of Halleluja. If you are still sending it out, can I have a copy of the mp3. Thanks.

September 11, 2007 @ 1:32 AM

Amy

Hi! I would love to have a copy of this mp3. Could you please send one my way? Thanks!
Amy

September 18, 2007 @ 12:48 AM

Courtney

I saw Saint Ralph at the premiere in NYC years ago and loved that scene, and remember that song playing... it was beautiful and haunting. I would love if you could send me the song please. Thank you! :)
C

September 18, 2007 @ 10:32 PM

Darren

Hey Toronto Mike. I see we have at least two things in common - being fans of Downie's Hallelujah and Humble Howard. My brother just had a singer perform Hallelujah at their wedding on the weekend. I would love to get the MP3 for them (and me!). My wife has run Boston twice and so St. Ralph and that song mean so much to us (maybe more to her even). Thanks!

September 23, 2007 @ 8:53 PM

Mechelle

I would love a copy of this song - I hope you are still checking this!

September 30, 2007 @ 1:15 AM

Ted

I really enjoyed Saint Ralph and I'm hoping you could forward me a copy of Hallelujah. Thank you .

October 4, 2007 @ 9:23 AM

Griff

A great movie, a great song. If you're sharing, man, I'd love a copy, as well. Wonder why there's no sound track for this fine film.

October 11, 2007 @ 8:11 PM

Nic

If you're still sharing, PLEASE, send it to me too!!!
Thanks so much!

October 15, 2007 @ 11:55 PM

frederic

Mike, i found the original, it wasn't that hard....3.24 and 6.10 for the long version. it's really worth it, you should share it with everybody or i'll do it.

November 3, 2007 @ 7:04 PM

Toronto Mike

Frederic, if it truly wasn't that hard, this leak is a very recent development. Where did you find them?

I've promised not to share them but I certainly can't stop you from doing so. I'm still naturally curious where you found them because until recently it wasn't only hard to find, it was impossible.

November 3, 2007 @ 10:07 PM

Christa

YOu have summed up my search so well except for the happy ending! It would mean the world to me if you could send me a copy of this mp3. Thank you!

November 4, 2007 @ 5:40 PM

Toronto Mike

Frederic, your song times aren't correct. In fact, one isn't even close.

I'm afraid you'll have to prove you have these songs becauseI officially call bullshit.

November 5, 2007 @ 4:25 PM

seth

could I trouble you for a copy as well?

November 9, 2007 @ 9:36 AM

Toronto Mike

I have an update on the status of an official release of this song: http://www.torontomike.com/2007/11/a_little_birdie_on_downies_hal.html

November 9, 2007 @ 9:45 AM

Corinne

I hope you are still passing on the song! I just watched the movie tonight and am dying to get my hands on it! I would appreciate it a ton! Thanks!

November 21, 2007 @ 12:05 AM

Denise Davis

I have been searching for this version for years! It would mean so much to me to get a copy of it! Please and Thanks very much!!

November 24, 2007 @ 10:30 PM

Dave

Thanks for sharing !!! A couple of us run together and we always watch the show before a race...if we could put your copy on our Ipods we would be extremely grateful...

Thanks again.....

December 5, 2007 @ 12:25 AM

Chris Siegel

hello after seeing the movie Saint Ralph I really would love a copy of this song, when i say the movie and Gord started singing, I started crying no word of a lie if anyone has it if they could please contact me at siegel_chris@hotmail.com that would be amazing.
peace, love and happiness to all, and may the peace of christ be with you

December 11, 2007 @ 3:20 PM

Marci Landsmann

I'd like the original version as well--if you have it. marciland@aol.com. Please send it or a link where I can download it. . . (Frederick, since you found it.).

December 12, 2007 @ 2:32 PM

Donald

We would love to have a copy of Gord Downie's Hallelujah. We just finished watching the movie and really enjoyed it.

December 15, 2007 @ 6:00 PM

mary haynes

just watched the movie! looking for the soundtrack and found this site. please please may i have a copy of the hallelujah? thanks so much - pax vobiscum!

December 17, 2007 @ 10:25 AM

Tiara Azmalan

This is a great song, but the youtube video you posted doesnt have all of it. I would really appreciate it if you could send me the mp3 da capo. Thanks in advance!

December 30, 2007 @ 10:39 PM

Lauren

i've been looking for this song FOREVER! i appreciate you for sharing it!

January 5, 2008 @ 9:20 PM

Megan

I would love a copy of the song. I started searching for this song and was happy I came across your site. So I would love for you to send me a copy as well.

January 11, 2008 @ 4:08 PM

Jocelyn

Glad to see I wasn't the only 2008 poster! I know it's a little late, but if you're still emailing the song out I'd love a copy. My dad can't stop talking about it!

January 12, 2008 @ 3:12 PM

Ed

Wow, If you are still sending the mp3 of Gordon Downie's Hallelujah, I would really appreciate a copy. Thank you!

February 2, 2008 @ 6:59 AM

Marlene

I too would love a copy of Gord's version. I've been looking everywhere for it.

Thanks!!!

February 2, 2008 @ 1:28 PM

Kevin

there are alot of requests here. i would appreciate a copy too. i noticed the link from back in 2006 doesnt work anymore.

if you can get it to me, thanks a lot, if not, thanks anyways

February 8, 2008 @ 10:22 PM

Derek

Hey,
If you're still sending the MP3 out I would love a copy. Thanks a million!

February 18, 2008 @ 9:48 PM

Toronto Mike

The 13th, where do you think Darren got it?

He was even kind enough to link back to me!

February 23, 2008 @ 9:16 AM

Alex

Can you send me a copy if ur still sending the.Thanks alot

February 28, 2008 @ 11:17 PM

John

I would love this mp3 if you are still sending it along, and if you are you a truly a great Canadian!

March 19, 2008 @ 2:01 AM

Toronto Mike

Then I am a truly great Canadian...

March 19, 2008 @ 8:52 AM

John Chionis

Thanks for your blog and your great Blog. I would very much apprciate a copy of Gord Downie's version of "Hallelujah" from the movie. The movie is great and will become a classic film. I had a profound "spiritual" experience the first time I saw the race scene and heard the music. I don't think the Film played where I live (Sedona,AZ) I would have loved to see it on a big screen. Well Thanks again

May 13, 2008 @ 5:46 AM

JT Foo

My search for Gordie's Hallelujah has lead to this page. I'll be really happy if I can have acopy of Gordie's version.

May 14, 2008 @ 5:45 AM

ES Livingston

Okay, why haven't I found your page sooner. Saw Saint Ralph pre-distribution at the Seattle Film Festival and have been trying to find a copy of the movie version of song ever since. If you are still sending these, I would much appreciate a copy.

May 26, 2008 @ 10:12 AM

B

Hey, if you are still sending out copies of that song, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks man.

May 27, 2008 @ 4:46 PM

Susanna

I saw Saint Ralph a few months ago, and those post-race moments still stand out in my mind. Probably one of my top 10 favorite scenes in a movie. I would love to get a copy of the song. Thanks!

June 12, 2008 @ 10:11 PM

Nick

Hey Mike, great job on this page, it's amazing how many people want this MP3. It's a shame nothing official was ever released. If you still have a copy of that song I'd love you to pass it along. Thanks again.

June 25, 2008 @ 7:43 AM

Marla

HI Mike,
It would be awesome if you still have a copy of that Downey cover, I would love it!
I will hope one day to get the soundtrack if it ever comes out!

cheers,
Marla

June 26, 2008 @ 1:42 PM

Marla

haha I just realized how I spelt Downie! My apologies (one of my friends last name is Downey and spells it like that!)

June 26, 2008 @ 1:43 PM

Mosi

Can you please send me a copy of Hallelujah by Gordon Downie?
I've been looking for this song since I saw the film and I can't understand why there's no soundtrack to buy

July 11, 2008 @ 5:17 AM

Beth

Hi Mike, thanks so much for doing this... I adore this song. Can you please send me a copy. I'll be sure to pay it forward... Obrigada from Brazil!!! Beth

July 19, 2008 @ 10:36 AM

Mark-----

Please! Please! Please! May I have a copy of Gordon Downie's version of Hallelujah also? I would be soooo greatful. Thanks

July 31, 2008 @ 11:32 PM

Natalie

Hi Mike,
I'f you're still sending out copies I'd love one. Very hard to find! Thanks alot.

August 21, 2008 @ 5:00 PM

shelia

I'd like a copy too. Are you still sharing it?

Thanks.

August 22, 2008 @ 3:23 AM

lisa

PLease please may I have it. I have always loved Rufus Wainwright doing this but I would love to hear this one.

August 26, 2008 @ 8:45 AM

Simone

Hey, I had this track--I think I got it from you-- but my computer crashed and I lost a bunch of stuff. Could you send it to me again, please? Thank you!

September 4, 2008 @ 11:41 PM

Matthew

I would love to have that song. I want to run to it for the Toronto Marathon this weekend. If could you send it that would be fantastic.

Thanks,
Mattew

October 16, 2008 @ 6:23 PM

Joe

Wow! Thanks for the offer and thanks in advance for the song!

October 25, 2008 @ 2:12 AM

Emmanuel

Hey, I would love to have that song.I would love to have that song, I would be so greatful. Thanks

October 28, 2008 @ 5:03 AM

Angela

If you'd consider sending it, that's be so appreciated. Thanks!

November 3, 2008 @ 11:37 AM

Jenna

My husband and I rented the movie and I just fell in love with this song, please send us a copy and thank you very much

November 14, 2008 @ 8:04 AM

Ajay

I am looking for this song for such a long period. Thank you. Thanks Sophie!

November 14, 2008 @ 8:16 PM

Matt

Hey! I've been a Hip fan for a few years now, and I never even knew about this til I stumbled across this blog! Any chance you're still sharing the DVD version? Thanks, Matt

November 15, 2008 @ 7:28 PM

Adam Ahern

Is this availible because I just found out about this song and would love to get a copy? Can you send it?

December 3, 2008 @ 12:28 AM

Andy Abrams

I just watched the movie "Saint Ralph" and was blown away by Gord Downie's cover of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah." I was bummed to discover that neither the song nor the soundtrack was available. I would love to have the MP3, if you are still willing to share it. Thanks!

January 4, 2009 @ 12:39 PM

Renae Franks

hi
3kwi0npcb14qfeg7
good luck

January 9, 2009 @ 2:54 AM

Patrick

Could you please send me a copy of this song?

Thank you.

January 10, 2009 @ 10:35 PM

Deirdre

I would appreciate a copy of Downie's version of "Hallelujah". I loved the movie and have been waiting for the sound track to be released.

January 23, 2009 @ 11:04 AM

linda

Could you please send a copy of Hallelujah to me as well?
I would truly appreciate it very much!

February 22, 2009 @ 1:52 AM

jason

could i get a copy of hallelujah, i loved the movie.

February 24, 2009 @ 12:31 PM

Glenn Coltman

Just watched Saint Ralph again last weekend, and it renewed an earlier quest for the song...yes, if you could send me a copy, that would be wonderful....thanks.

March 17, 2009 @ 10:32 PM

jack

what an incredible list !!! So crazy !! And like everybody i would ask you the same, give me a copy please, this film is music is so .... !
Thanks a lot from paris ;)

June 12, 2009 @ 8:06 PM

Anonymous

this is my fave movie! you sent me the song a couple of years ago, but my pc crashed and i lost the song:( i would greatly appreciate it if you can send it. thanks soooo much!

June 17, 2009 @ 10:48 PM

alicia

June 17, 2009 @ 10:49 PM

Matt

Just saw the movie - had never heard of it or the song, but ran right to my iTunes only to be disappointed. Found this site in no time and must ask to be included. What a great movie and song! How do they put them together so well?? Thank you from your new best friend in Kentucky.

June 19, 2009 @ 10:49 PM

Gus

I would love a copy of Gord's song from St. Ralph. Best running movie ever! I dropped out of the Detroit Marathon won by the director.

July 4, 2009 @ 9:45 PM

Gus

July 4, 2009 @ 9:45 PM

Patty Hildebrand

I have never heard the song done with such love. I would adore a copy if you could send it to me. It touches my soul. P.

September 17, 2009 @ 8:34 PM

Tom

I just watched Saint Ralph for the first time. I loved the movie and enjoyed the soundtrack very much. Please send the MP3 of Hallelujah sung by Gordon Downie?

I will gladly buy the soundtrak when it is available. Thank you. I think I will buy the video too.

October 7, 2009 @ 12:36 AM

pam

If you're still sending this to people, I'd love a copy. I've been trying to rip it myself, but my computer isn't cooperating. Thanks so much!

October 16, 2009 @ 3:44 AM

Thomas

Hey mike, still sending the song?
Been searching forever, my dad wants the song but no luck. Thanks!

November 15, 2009 @ 10:57 AM

Gayle

Hi Mike,
I, too, continue to search for Gord Downie's version of Hallelujah. The first time I saw the movie, Gord's version of the song brought me to tears. I bought the DVD (and I DO like the movie) just for that song -- no one performs it the same way. Please send me a copy of the MP3, too, if you are still doing that. And thank you so much for your faithful diligence with this recording. Gayle

November 27, 2009 @ 8:09 AM

Heidi

Hi! Do you still have the song? I'm excited to see that there are some recent posts. Please send a copy if you still have it. Thanks!

November 28, 2009 @ 2:40 PM

Yes folks, I'm still sharing this song.

November 28, 2009 @ 4:38 PM

Kiley

If you still are able to send Gord Downie's Hallelujah, I'd be grateful.

Cheers

December 7, 2009 @ 7:22 PM

Dustin Izatt

I wold love a copy of the song and hope that someday soon they release a freaking soundtrack with the score and other songs. Thanks so much for sharing Mike :)

January 17, 2010 @ 3:38 PM

Babs

Would love for you to send me a copy of the MP3. I saw "Saint Ralph" at a film festival several years ago, and have adored Downey's version ever since. After hearing Timberlake/Sexton's version on the hopeforhaiti telethon, I've been reminded of how much I love this song. Nothing beats Downey's version. Please send me the MP3! Many thanks
xo

January 23, 2010 @ 9:51 PM

Jami

Just saw this movie and loved it! Can't believe I can't purchase the soundtrack! Can you please send me a copy of the song? Do you have any info on another song in the movie, I think it is call three words? Thanks!

February 1, 2010 @ 5:49 PM

Japanese Kimonos

Thank you for your great article. I also must say that your layout is a pleasure to view. Keep up the good work.

February 7, 2010 @ 8:47 PM

Jan

Please send a copy of the the song. No other version is as good. Thanks!

February 11, 2010 @ 1:34 PM

Frank

Would love a copy of the song. Thanks!

February 11, 2010 @ 6:53 PM

Alexis

I would, yes, also love a copy. It is strange to think how much of a fan base Gord's version has and it keeps on growing.

February 16, 2010 @ 12:15 AM

Hailey

can you PLEASE send me a copy of Gord's version? I would love to hear it!

February 17, 2010 @ 12:32 PM

Mike

This is by far my favorite rendition of Hallelujah. You are the only one who has it. Mike would you please send it to my e-mail.

February 22, 2010 @ 2:54 PM

Adam

Hey Mike, could you please send me a copy of the Gord Downie Hallelujah mp3?

Adam

March 14, 2010 @ 6:33 PM

Jeff

Hey Mike,
I NEED this song. Please send me a copy.
Thank you thank you thank you!

Best,
Jeff

March 15, 2010 @ 8:03 PM

Middy

Hi, i realize this might be outdated, but i really want this song version, i cant find it anywhere :(

April 17, 2010 @ 4:37 PM

Allie

Hey Mike,

I'd love to hear the version!

If and when you get this email, could you please send it my way? It would be much appreciated :)

Thanks,
Allie

April 20, 2010 @ 4:14 PM

Allie

Hey Mike,

I'd love to hear the version!

Thanks,
Allie

April 20, 2010 @ 4:15 PM

Tim Simmons

Dear Mike,
I finally stumbled upon this site as I have searched off and on for Downie's version since first seeing the film long ago. The only version I have was done by Justin Timberlake and Matt Morris but I think they still come up short. Would love a copy if your still sending them out. Thank you for your time!

June 5, 2010 @ 3:48 PM

Tim Simmons

Dear Mike,

June 5, 2010 @ 3:50 PM

Maria

Hello Mike,
Would you please send me a copy of the Gord Downie Hallelujah mp3?

Thank you!
Maria

June 7, 2010 @ 12:16 AM

Raymond Evans

Mike, if it's not too late I would love to get a copy of this song. My brother recently succumbed to cancer, this was probably his favorite song and he always complained that there was no actual release for this version of it. My family and I are searching for a copy of this version of the song to play at his memorial service. It would mean the world to us if you could send us a copy.

Thanks,
Raymond

June 22, 2010 @ 12:50 PM

Ami

Mike,

Are you still out there... sending the MP3 copy of Downie's Hallelujah...? I too would love to have it.

Raymond, so sorry to hear about your brother.

LIGHT and LOVE,
Ami

June 22, 2010 @ 11:11 PM

jgmathes

I cant believe im not the only one who loved the movie, the song and the lyrics, id love a copy of the lyrics as i have health issues and thesse word are better than others. i did like bon jovis music but not the words like the ones in the movie were so much more spiritual..i have looked forever and how can i get the lyrics???jm

July 5, 2010 @ 1:33 AM

linda miller

Would LOVE to get a copy of thie MP3. Thanks SO much.

July 13, 2010 @ 11:09 PM

Shawn

hahaha, just like the author and everyone here...I too have been searching for this soundtrack. My youngest son is a runner, he 6 years old and loves this movie. Can you please send me a copy as well? Thanks so much.

September 7, 2010 @ 10:06 PM

Loïs

Hi could you pls give me this song by mail !!!!!

September 27, 2010 @ 10:51 AM

John

Hi

Would sincerely love and appreciate a copy of this song.

That is if, years after you posted this, you are still sending it out...

John

October 2, 2010 @ 10:18 PM

Lugo Sanchez

Hi Mike, as everyone else I've been looking for the soundtrack because I love this version of the song. If you would send me a copy, it would be a blessing for me.
Lugo

October 25, 2010 @ 11:12 PM

Steve

Hey Mike,
Ditto, like everyone else who has seen St. Ralph I was moved to tears when I heard Gord sing Hallelujah. I hope to find a REAL copy before I die.
Steve

November 2, 2010 @ 4:48 PM

Greg

Ohhhh... I've been hoping to find this since I first saw the movie. If you could send me the mp3 I'd be forever grateful!

Greg

PS - has the soundtrack been released? Is it difficult to find?

November 14, 2010 @ 1:38 PM

Shalon McNamara

Please send me a copy also. I have been looking forever!
Shalonainsworth@yahoo.ca

Shalon

November 16, 2010 @ 7:53 PM

Zach Stiegler

may i please have a copy of the song? I fell in love with the movie and the song and I can't come to rest until I obtain it and appreciate it in its entirety. Thank you so much.
~Zach
zstiegler@gmail.com

January 5, 2011 @ 12:39 AM

Mark Leipold

I would love a copy of the song. I just saw St. Ralph and I can't get the song out of my mind.

March 20, 2011 @ 3:45 PM

Barbara Adams

I just watched the movie - made extra special because my oldest friend was born in Hamilton - and heard "the song." (I was getting annoyed with the movie for cutting in and preventing my hearing it!) If you could send a copy, I'd be truly appreciative!

March 25, 2011 @ 1:14 AM

Robert

Great song, best rendition so far.
A copy would be great.

April 20, 2011 @ 3:30 AM

Jason

Thanks to Netflix, I have just watched Saint Ralph. Great movie. AMAZING soundtrack. I recognized Gord Downie's voice instantly. If you are still sharing, I would LOVE a copy.

Thanks.

Jason

June 11, 2011 @ 8:42 PM

Adam & Ashley

I am so thankful there are others out there as passionate as I am about quirky movies and music. Would it be possible to get a copy of the Gord Downie track so I can at least have something to pacify my love for this song until somebody wakes up and makes a soundtrack? Thank you very much.

June 15, 2011 @ 3:49 PM

Will

Well my friend i just saw the movie and i loved the song i would be very happy if you could send me a copy of that mp3 : ) thanks

June 20, 2011 @ 7:59 PM

Ron

Just saw the movie, found your site, and would love to have the mp3.

Many thanks.

June 29, 2011 @ 12:08 AM

RITA REHAK

Feb. 2nd I found out I have cancer, I'm fighting it, & I will win, But I am putting my affairs in order, I would like a copy to play at my services. I will gladly pay any cost associated with you sending me a copy, thank you

June 29, 2011 @ 4:10 PM

Svark

Good movie, great song. I'd be grateful for the MP3.

Thanks for all of the info about this...

August 8, 2011 @ 1:04 PM

Jeff Tessier

I hope you're still making good on your offer, otherwise I'll have to figure out how to rip it off the 'Saint Ralph' disc I have now sitting on my mantle, waiting to go back to zip.ca.

In other words, I would really, really appreciate it if you would send me the .mp3 of this most amazing version of Cohen's song. By far, the best I've ever heard.

Funny how the internet is - I watched the movie, generally liked it, but really loved Gord's rendition of the song, and instantly went searching online for it, found your site, your efforts, and the many responses of people just like me - seen the movie, want to hear the song again, found you.

September 25, 2011 @ 11:23 PM

Felipe Sperb de Oliveira Fagundes

Hey there! I'd like to download that version. Thanks for now!

October 1, 2011 @ 11:32 AM

Dexter

I have been searching for this for many years. Just watched the movie with my daughter and would love to have a copy of this song.

Thanks.

November 5, 2011 @ 9:35 PM

Mike Greengarten

Cna someone send me a copy of the song? I want to copy it onto a cd and send it as a present to someone who loves it too. Thanks a lot!

mgreen2718@aol.com

January 5, 2012 @ 10:05 PM

Juli

I would really appreciate a copy of this song. Just watched Saint Ralph for the first time and have since been searching for a place to get the song. Thanks!

January 10, 2012 @ 7:34 PM

Judd

I'd love it if you'd send me an .mp3 (or any kind of audio file) of Gordon Downie's version of Hallelujah. I had been listening to it in online, but I can't find it anymore. Plus, I'd love to able to listen to it away from my computer. It's the best version of that song I"ve heard, and my eyes fill with tears (in a good way) every time I hear it.

Thank you.

January 29, 2012 @ 12:05 PM

Judd

Would you please send me a copy of Gordon Downie's version of Hallelujah. It's the best version of that song I've ever heard, and my eyes fill with tears every time I hear it.

Thank you.

January 29, 2012 @ 12:07 PM

Tom Jones

Thank you for offering this great song. Yes, I'd love a copy. Let me know what I can do to further the cause of making available elsewhere on line. Thanks so much.

March 12, 2012 @ 12:06 AM

Denton

Just saw the movie and loved it. Downie's version is fantastic. Please send me the mp3 as well.

April 3, 2012 @ 11:18 PM

Josh

Would love a copy of Downie's version of Hallelujah. Thanks.

May 5, 2012 @ 12:07 AM

Josh

Wow. Just now reading back through the posts and saw the comment from Rita Rehak on June 29, 2011. Powerful stuff. Your sharing this one track seems to be touching people's lives in a profound way. Music can be an awesome catalyst. Thanks again. And thank you Gordon for sharing your talent.

May 5, 2012 @ 12:50 AM

Jill

Good Day

I would really love to have a copy of the Hallelujah song.

June 15, 2012 @ 8:24 PM

PATRICIA

i going to wait for copy of c.d. so i can play this in my car all the time. it touches my heart and my husband . please give god the glory gord downie for his glory. amen!!

July 2, 2012 @ 4:02 PM

MATT

To whom it may concern,

I would greatly enjoy a copy of Gord's cover of this classic. Please share the music with me.

December 16, 2012 @ 3:41 AM

David

I'd love a copy of Gord's version of "Hallelujah" are you still p[roviding the ripped version?

Any update on an official release of the soundtrack?

May 12, 2013 @ 11:15 PM

Ryan

The real version has been recently posted to http://www.darrenbarefoot.com/archives/2006/09/gordon-downie-sings-cohens-hallelujah.html (in addition to the scraped version). It is in an update to the original blog post.

November 6, 2014 @ 10:57 PM