That Seen My Ghost Song

MusicWintersleep's "Weighty Ghost" came out in 2007, but I seem to be hearing it all over the place these days.

It's the song prominently featured in this fantastic trailer for the upcoming Canadian film One Week right after Sam Roberts' "Hard Road."

It's also the song that opened this afternoon's NHL All-Star Game in Montreal.

It's called "Weighty Ghost" by the Nova Scotian band Wintersleep, but many refer to it as "that 'seen my ghost' song." Wintersleep recently made their SLS debut, making #20 with their song "Oblivion". Here's the video for "Weighty Ghost."

Mike from Lowville

I have been listening to them for a long time now. First time, about 4-5 years ago on cioi 101.5. Killer Whale!

January 25, 2009 @ 9:51 PM

Mike from Lowville

Warsawpack is another one from back in the day.

January 25, 2009 @ 9:56 PM

The_Voice

OMG!!!

Someone ELSE who loves them Hamilton performing bands :D

I remember seeing Warsawpack at the Underground in Hamilton a ways back, and was very happy to see them in Waterloo before they disbanded.

Wintersleep... well, I tried to find the first post on my own blog where I went to see them live, but here are a number of posts (as searched by google) that have them: http://www.google.com/search?q=paul+gvildys+wintersleep&hl=en&filter=0

Earliest one I think is 2005, but I'm pretty sure that I saw them before that. I remember distinctly that I was going to see them for the LAST time at a performance at Lee's Palace, and they played stuff from their new album, including Weighty Ghost, and I thought they had drastically improved :D. They're old stuff sounded better, and their new stuff was absolutely fantastic :D

January 26, 2009 @ 10:44 AM

Hobo Joe

Aren't you due for a primer entry soon? Also, in the music subject, I pulled Third Eye Blind's debut disc out of the archives today for the ride home. This was an everyday listen for me, maybe a couple of not-so-desirable tunes. It brought me back... hard to believe it's 12 years old this year.

January 26, 2009 @ 6:42 PM

Toronto Mike

I heard new Third Eye Blind just the other day. I was surprised they were still making music.

Those primers actually take a little time to write. I'm sticking with the "off the top of my head 2-minute and I'm out" entries until I find a little free time.

Crazy busy doing things that pay actual money...

January 27, 2009 @ 8:32 PM