Canada 6, Russia 5

Canada HockeyI had given up. There simply wasn't enough time on the clock for us to come back. The Russians had us, we were playing Slovakia for bronze. And then, with 5.4 seconds left in the third period, Jordan Eberle scored.

That scream you heard when Eberle scored was me. It was awesome, but overtime awaited us. We had our chances, but this semi-final would be determined by a shootout.

Awesome goals by Eberle and John Tavares sealed the deal and we'll be playing for our fifth gold medal in a row Monday night. First the New Year's game against the USA and then this. My poor heart can't take much more.

Jon

And to think I was finally getting to bed at reasonable hours.. I won't be falling asleep anytime soon.

WOO!

January 3, 2009 @ 10:42 PM

Toronto Mike

I still can't believe we pulled that off. Amazing.

January 3, 2009 @ 10:45 PM

Horonymous

Do you think there is so much interest in the tournament going on in Ottawa so that the fans of the leafs have something to cheer about since the blue and white have been in a drought for 40+ years?

Not a huge hockey fan but I would like to see the leafs win to bring joy to the folks in my adoptive home town.

January 4, 2009 @ 9:44 AM

Toronto Mike

The interest is always there, whether the Leafs are hot or not.

It's just a great tournament with great hockey and lots of excitement.

Tomorrow nights game should be a beaut.

January 4, 2009 @ 9:50 AM

Buffalo Boy Mike

That was probably the best hockey game I ever watched minus the Sabres 3-2 win over the Rangers when Drury scored with about 2 seconds left in the playoffs two years ago.

January 4, 2009 @ 11:16 AM

LEW

What a game!
The interest for this tournament is like March Madness for hockey.
PS. Proof the game is better without fighting.

January 4, 2009 @ 11:57 AM