Keep Celine Away From the AC/DC

musicI love a good cover. I also despise a bad cover. A Total Guitar magazine survey has named the best and worst covers of all time, and Celine Dion's cover of the AC/DC track "You Shook Me All Night Long" finished at the bottom of the heap as the worst of the worst.

Here are their worst five:

1. Celine Dion - You Shook Me All Night Long
  2. Sugababes and Girls Aloud - Walk This Way
  3. Westlife - More Than Words
  4. Will Young - Light My Fire
  5. The Mike Flowers Pops - Wonderwall

Here are their best five:

1. Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower
  2. The Beatles - Twist and Shout
  3. Guns N' Roses - Live and Let Die
  4. Nirvana - The Man Who Sold the World
  5. Muse - Feeling Good

In defense of The Mike Flowers Pops, I think we know it was a tongue in cheek cover and a pretty damn good one at that. It shouldn't be on this list. And in Celine Dion's defense, she had the wisdom not to release the song as a single. She performed it once at a Las Vegas concert six years ago.

How bad was it? Hear for yourself. Sacrebleu!

Steve Brown

You Bastard, why did you do that

June 23, 2008 @ 5:27 PM

anonymous

She gave it a try & to me did a FINE job. Nothing of to be ashamed of.

June 23, 2008 @ 6:00 PM

Mike (Buffalo Boy)

That was awful.....Can someone tell her to move to Germany where all the washed or never have been pop stars go, maybe she can marry Michael Bolton, as long as hes fixed.
we dont want kids

June 23, 2008 @ 7:04 PM

LEW

I liked XTC's version of All Along the Watchtower even more than the JH version.

June 23, 2008 @ 7:27 PM

Ajax Mike

I see a Friday Five based on this entry in the near future. I also predict Pearl Jam covering 'Rockin in the Free World' at or near the top. :)

June 23, 2008 @ 9:22 PM

anonymous

Make sure Celine's rendition of "You Shook Me All Night Long" is included.

June 23, 2008 @ 10:27 PM

Toronto Mike

I'm pretty sure I've done this... I'll check the archives.

Btw, if PJ is at the top, it's Crazy Mary. Checking archives...

June 23, 2008 @ 10:53 PM

Toronto Mike

Back in 2004 I listed my ten favourite covers of all-time.

Earlier that same year I shared the playlist of an all-cover mix I made that was my friend and mine's favourite covers.

By the way, here were my top ten four years ago.

1. Pearl Jam - Throw Your Arms Around Me