Reed Johnson's Sick Catch

BaseballWhy the hell did we cut Reed Johnson? Reeder could bat leadoff, hit for average and man could he play the outfield.

I won't be able to sleep tonight. Do you know why I can't sleep? It's because I just saw Reed Johnson make the greatest catch I've ever seen. Yes, it's better than Devon White's catch in game 3 of the 1992 World Series, and the dude made it while playing for the Chicago freakin' Cubs.

It's fresh, so there's not a lot of YouTubage to post. Tune in Sportscentre or The Score or whatever and you'll see it a dozen times tonight. For less than ideal video of Reed Johnson's unbelievable grab, press play below.

Toronto Mike

Here it is in slo-mo, but you really need to see where Reed started from and what kind of ground he made up.

April 25, 2008 @ 11:12 PM

felix

I don't know either, man. I always liked Reed. Mostly for things like this, he'll give you everything he's got on the field.

April 26, 2008 @ 12:46 AM

Mike (Buffalo Boy)

Thank god he went to the national league, Here is a guarantee, I like Shannon Stewart and all, However, HE WILL NEVER NOT THIS YEAR OR THE REST OF HIS CAREER MAKE A CATCH LIKE THAT.
Shannon Better Start hitting if we are going to forget that reed Johnson is no longer here.

April 26, 2008 @ 7:53 AM

Mike (Buffalo Boy)

After seeing that, I tried to find Devo's catch, why is there no footage of that anywhere on the internet.

April 26, 2008 @ 12:53 PM

Toronto Mike

I think the MLB lawyers are pretty anal about protecting their stuff. I was looking for Ed Sprague's big homer the other day and came up empty as well.

April 26, 2008 @ 1:39 PM

felix

Speaking of Devo, though. There was one catch against the O's in Camden Yards that still sticks out in my mind. The entire top half of his body was over the wall and he made an amazing backhanded catch to bring back a sure HR.

April 26, 2008 @ 5:00 PM