1982 Sears Wishbook

giftSomebody scanned 657 pages from a 1982 Sears Christmas Catalogue. I was six years old at the time, and that was precisely the kind of catalogue I'd be handed and asked to circle things I wanted for Christmas. I would have headed straight to this Dukes of Hazard page. I'm pretty sure I asked for and received the Slam Figure-8 Raceway.

In later years, I'd head straight for the electronics section and admire the radios and cassette tape players. The AM/FM transistor radio below would have been right up my alley. In fact, I once wrote about the little blue transistor radio I received around this time.

Check out this guy's effort and enjoy your trip back to 1982. I know I did.

231090809_beb35d2056

SoccerMom

this guy has 656 pages of serious too much spare time on his hands. Which in this day and age begs the question who has that kind of time these days? I'm guessin the Elderly and the Incarcerated and if he is of the later group you might want to be careful how thankful you are he did this :)

December 6, 2007 @ 4:00 PM

Snake

In jail all we have to read are old Sears catalogs, it totally sucks

December 7, 2007 @ 7:43 AM

Jason | GetYourOJ.com

You could actually have it scanned and uploaded pretty quick if you took the magazine apart and fed it through a scanner.

I only looked at the first 4 photos but I'd like to have that Donkey Kong game even today.

I'm sure it's online, but that's not really that same.

December 7, 2007 @ 10:36 AM

Jason | GetYouOJ.com

Oh, and snakes not in jail! He's on degrassi and raymitheminx.com all the time! unless you're the Snake who lives in Springfield. Say hi to Jimbo for me.

December 7, 2007 @ 10:38 AM

SoccerMom

Ohhh Snake, I was feeling bad for you at first. But then I realized you are just a kidder cause we are in Boon Town and I know now that gives you two things to read! We know at least one of them has variety, so I say; buck up little soldier. (better then suck it up sunshine, isn’t it :) ) I'm holding out hope for you that person who scanned the 1982 book might be working on the '83 addition and in no time that will available and shall again provide many hours of mundane entertainment, umm, sorry, I mean new reading materials.

December 7, 2007 @ 10:40 AM

SoccerMom

And Jason, the whole too much time factor again comes into play. If you can sit and pull apart a 656 page item, weather you scan it or line the bird cage with it, in the end it equals too much spare time. Really bottom line is; other then the one person we know did, who thinks these things up or does this? I’m going to go out on a limb and say there are a few good idea/bad idea issues that need be addressed. :)

December 7, 2007 @ 10:57 AM

Toronto Mike

Raymi can have her Snake and Matt Good... I'll keep my Humble and Fred.

December 7, 2007 @ 11:17 AM

Wishbook

It takes an hour to scan 75 pages. That means an entire catalog takes 8 hours to scan. Spread out over 2 months that's one hour a week. Not really *that* much extra free time. But if helps you to believe as much, more power to you, SoccerMom; though, I'd hazard a guess that's less time per week than a "Soccer Mom" spends shuttling kids around to sporting events of equally questionable value. Cheers.

April 6, 2008 @ 11:15 PM

jeroen

Excellent site - do keep up the good work.

August 13, 2008 @ 12:08 AM