I saw my brothers on the weekend, and we ended up talking about Jeremy Hotz. Jeremy Hotz is a Canadian comic who did a great set at the Just For Laughs comedy festival many years ago. We recorded this performance and watched it several times. This weekend, we recited it.
A couple of weeks ago, I had the same experience with one of my wife's friend's husbands. He had the same set memorized and we went through the whole thing. Here are the bits I recall.
- The New York Zoo in winter - the unnatural state of freezing giraffes and their farts
- The smell of pee in China town - you never catch the guy doing it
- Cana-duh - duh is in the name of our country. We should invade a country because nobody will have seen it coming. We'll invade Turkey and name it Chicken.
- The crack RCMP squad defending the Prime Minister. Guy breaks in with a plastic knife from KFC and Aline Chretien foils the whole plot by closing the door.
- Stuff in the mail - Mr. Christie, you make good cookies... just don't mail them ya asshole. I used free samples of maxi-pads as coffee filters and now the garbage man thinks I have a terrible disease.
I couldn't find that routine online, but here's another one that's pretty funny.
Only 1 comment? C'mon, we can do better... Leave a comment above and let's keep this conversation going!