Something Different

constructionOriginally I was just going to tweak the way I post an entry time stamp and the category an entry belongs to. Then, once I started tweaking the templates and massaging the CSS, I thought more radical surgery was in order. I wanted something different.

It was a beautiful day during which I ran, went for a long walk with the family and BBQ'd, but I found time to finish phase one of the overhaul. Most of phase two will happen under the covers as I do away with all tables in favour of purely CSS alignment.

If I missed anything, or if you think something should be done differently, let me know in the comments. And to the two people who have written to tell me they hate the change, deal with it.

Annemarie

Now now Mike, play nice. See, I'm not alone! What's the point of asking our opinions if you don't take them into consideration?!

April 30, 2007 @ 9:55 AM

Toronto Mike

Of course I take them into consideration. If I hear a good idea, I implement it. I love good suggestions.

What I don't like is "I don't like change - change it back".

April 30, 2007 @ 10:20 AM

Toronto Mike

Annemarie, what is it exactly you dislike about the new format?

April 30, 2007 @ 10:30 AM

Anonymous

Gotcha. I was just teasin', but I do believe I was clear on what I don't like in the comment I submitted in your "Contact Mike" link.

April 30, 2007 @ 11:42 AM

Alison

I like the ceeb inspired header, and the red is bright without being annoying. Looks nice! Change always takes a little while to get used to though, and it's fun to do some spring cleaning/revamping.

April 30, 2007 @ 1:31 PM

Toronto Mike

The ceeb inspired header is here early because I'm convinced my Raptors header was jinxing us.

April 30, 2007 @ 1:41 PM