I met my brothers and mom for lunch. It rarely happens, but it happened today.
As usual, the conversations were all over the place. Here's a taste.
- Another World - A defunct soap opera that was once my mom's favourite. We discussed the characters, where they've been seen since, how handsome Cass was and how cool Mac Corey seemed.
- Anna Nicole Smith - None of us care, except Mom who loves this stuff. Something is being announced Monday. It's news that's sure to move mountains.
- Edward Scissorhands - The movie, the play, who will babysit my shorties.
- Cell phones - Who are these people who watch tv shows and movies on their cell phones? How long until Canadians are downloading porn on these things? How is Bell dealing with number portability? It's all about the data transfer now so beware the surprise $1000 phone bill.
- The Leafs - Last night was pure ARGH. Mom's given up. This loss hurt and typifies this team of ours. Go Raptors Go!
- Famous people we used to hate but now like - Rosie O'Donnell, the Dixie Chicks...
- Jay-Z's Meet the Parents - Ryan told us the tale Jay-Z shares in this song from his Bluepring 2: The Gift & the Curse album.
- Politics - I'm convinced most of Canada is socially liberal and wants to vote Liberal. I'm also convinced the Conservative Party will win another minority government, but no seats in Toronto. Steve blames Dion.
- Jehovah's Witness vs. Catholicism - Ryan tells a controversial tale that triggers a healthy argument that almost leads to blows. We're like Oasis, dammit!
Don't you wish you were there?
Only 7 comments? C'mon, we can do better... Leave a comment above and let's keep this conversation going!