Chalk Circle At The Forum

ticket stubsThe first concert I ever attended was Chalk Circle at the Ontario Place Forum. I couldn't tell you the year, but I'm guessing it was 1985 or 1986.

The Ontario Place Forum was pretty cool at the time for two reasons. They had a revolving stage and admission was free once you paid your way into Ontario Place. They tore the Forum down in the mid 90s when the Amphitheatre showed up and it's a damn shame.

Chalk Circle won an award from CFNY for being the most promising non-recording artists in 1985 and they went on to have a few minor radio hits. I see a Chalk Circle greatest hits album was even released last year. Chalk Circle becoming my first concert had more to do with timing and circumstance than a passionate love for their music, but for all eternity they'll be my first.

What was your first concert?

twins from bolton

1967 at Borough of York Stadium - micheal cohl put on a series of conserts called Beggar's Banquet (just after the Stones released the album)& a lot of top name bands played there (Weston Rd. & Rogers Rd.) I saw Steppenwolf, Joe Cocker, Three Dog Night, Leon Russell, just to name a few. Tiks were $7.50 & after 6:00pm free admission when the top bands would play. I will never forget.

January 6, 2007 @ 3:49 PM

Jill

Howard Jones......Kingswood Music Theatre, Canadas Wonderland.

January 6, 2007 @ 5:06 PM

Mike Kic

The Beach Boys at Kingswood Music Theathre at Wonderland. It was the without Mr. Brian Wilson but the rest were there. I got a chance to see Brian at the Amphitheatre years ago, I guess I can finally say I saw ALL of the Beach Boys.

January 6, 2007 @ 10:00 PM

Jill

Hey Mike, What year was that for you at Kingswood with the Beach Boys? Hubby and I saw them perform there and we thought Brian was there. Maybe you can set us straight. John Stamos was on drums and we remember their backdrop had a front end of an old car. It was an enjoyable concert but a bit of a blur as I recollect. I think it was the summer of 93'

January 7, 2007 @ 8:51 AM

Greg

Its was 1992 and it's not one I'm totally proud of to say it was my first but anyways, no point in lying. It was the Barenaked Ladies at Canada's Wonderland right when "Gordon" came out. I was 13 and I remember it was the first time I had ever smelled the smell of pot and asked my sister what the smell was.

January 7, 2007 @ 10:19 PM

Doug

1979, Varsity Stadium, Rush.

March 12, 2007 @ 8:28 AM