Filed Under "D" for Duh

cntowerAccording to a Global Cost of Living Survey released Monday, Toronto is the most expensive city in Canada. The survey of 250 cities around the world was conducted between March 2005 and March 2006 by Mercer Human Resource Consulting and looked at the price of food, transportation, accomodation, entertainment and education. Here's how the Canadian cities on the list measured up.

1. Toronto
  2. Vancouver
  3. Calgary
  4. Montreal
  5. Ottawa

We may be first in Canada, but we're only #47 overall. Moscow led the way and New York took top honours amongst North American cities.

Brother, can you spare a dime? I'm livin' in the 416 and things are as pricey as they are spicey.

chris

As my comments from June 16th about violence in TDOT, maybe it's time to move with the high prices of everything from housing, transit, taxes, food, etc. in the city I was born in.
You're complaining now as I thought you were happy as a pig in shit. Well I the guess the shit really smells now & it's only early summer. The SMELL (violence)will get worse the hotter it gets. 7 shootings last weekend.
Are you watching your kids. I'm glad my Mom & Dad did & we MOVED.
chris

June 27, 2006 @ 7:17 PM

Mike Boon

We only complain about that which we love. If I didn't care, I wouldn't bitch.

That's two strikes chris. One more and I'm sending your IP address to David Miller. Consider yourself warned.

June 27, 2006 @ 7:42 PM

chris

Add to my earlier comment - Things aren't as pricy outside of the GTO. as you may think. 20 minutes to the 401 & 409 where my Dad works.
He buys gas in TDOT. (slighty cheaper). Food, staples, entertainment (whatever you consider) is the same as in T.O.
CRIME is what I'm trying to emphasize here & YOU don't seem to understand. My dad spent 38 years in TO & he & Mom decided when I was 8 years old to move & provide a safer environment for our family.
Crime where I live now is turning over mail boxes, D & D drivers from Brampton & Mississauga, the odd breakin at business's who don't lock up properly at night, etc. No gun violence as long as I can recollect in my 7 years here. Neighbours look out for each other, much like it was when I was younger living in (The Summer of the GUN).
chris

June 27, 2006 @ 8:46 PM

chris

Go ahead. You just don't get it. Maybe you will when it's too late. Hopefully NOT.
chris

June 27, 2006 @ 8:53 PM

Mike Boon

Two things...

1. Why do you care what city I choose to live in? I'm not alone in choosing Toronto as my home. A few million others have done the same.

2. If your dad spent 38 years in Toronto and moved away when you were eight years old, seven years ago, that makes you fifteen years old.

You're forgiven for overly simplifying something as complex as this. At 15, I was an idiot too.

June 27, 2006 @ 8:54 PM

chris

I'm trying to look out for your kids as I read your blog every now & then. I'm 15-going on 16 & I'm not an IDIOT - 80-90% in all my subjects this semester. Take a look out for your son's & daughter. I'm not bemouthijng T.DOT. but issues have changed & it was time for my family to move.

I'm happy & your happy is as well - that's the main thing.

chris

June 27, 2006 @ 9:14 PM

chris

My family couldn't see the forest for the trees either. But Mom did in time much to Dad's indecision.
Mom's always rule! Dad gave in & decided to move.
Your choice is T.DOT & our family's is not & that's what makes us butting heads.
TO EACH THEIR OWN - NO MAS.

chris