A Remarkable July 2004
Last month, when I implemented the Movable Type Publishing Platform to manage this blog, I mentioned I had a little work ahead of me. I had years of entries to bring into MT, and each entry would have to be manually created, one by one. Beginning with November 2002, I started working my way forward, and earlier today I finished July 2004.
I'm actually emotionally drained from revisiting July 2004. The final few days of that month were a complete whirlwind and re-living my entries from that time give me a remarkable perspective on how it all unfolded. Take these, for example.
- There are warning signs... "Michelle may be closer to joining the party than we think." - July 27, 2004 / 10:30
- "At this moment, Kara is in labour and about to give birth to my nephew." - July 28, 2004 / 11:30
- "Taryn's contractions are only seven minutes apart right now so if this keeps up we'll be heading to the hospital." - July 28, 2004 / 22:03
- "At 12:55 this morning, Taryn gave birth to a beautiful baby girl we've named Michelle." - July 29, 2004 / 04:16
- How it all went down. "I got to cut the cord." - July 29, 2004 / 12:01
- "What were the odds Ryan and I would have children born on the exact same day?" - July 29, 2004 / 19:31
- My Cinderella Story... "I'm rooting for this flick to be great. Not just because it's being filmed in my fair city, but because it brought me back to 1935 in the wee hours following the birth of my daughter." - July 30, 2004 / 21:09
- Happy Birthday Mom, "we hope you're satisfied with the gift of two new grandchildren." - July 31, 2004 / 09:18
This weekend, I'll delve into August 2004. Something tells me it won't be quite as remarkable.
No comments? C'mon, we can do better... Leave a comment above and let's start this conversation!