Choosing a painting contractor to paint your home can be as challenging as deciding what color to paint. There are several things to think about before making the first call, as well as a couple more after you've spoken with the estimator. Continue reading to learn more about how to choose the most dependable painter in Toronto for your project.
Seek out a reputable painting contractor
A well-known painting contractor has a diverse portfolio and a lot of experience. Besides, numerous testimonials demonstrate an outstanding track record of work completed and testify to the professionalism with which the work was completed.
Further, the well-known businesses have enough employees and professionals to finish the job on time. Therefore, it is advisable to take ratings from residents who have already had positive experiences with painters to find the painting firms' best.
The service must be of high quality, and the price must be competitive. So, to get the best quotes, make sure that all painting contractors offering you painting services meet the same guidelines, such as planning, maintenance work, and washing. Besides, requests that the contractors add the approximate time to complete the project.
Check to see if the company offers insurance
Insurance is the most critical factor that is often ignored. Accidents happen to even the most accomplished painters. As a result, you essentially must avoid damages or a painter falling from a ladder on your house. This said, in difficult times, having the right amount of insurance will save you.
Interview with the painting contractor
Since you will be the house painter's employer for the painting project's duration, it is best to conduct a preliminary interview with prospective applicants. Here are some examples of questions to consider:
- Do the painters have the required permits? Workers Compensation Insurance (WSIB) is required in Toronto and Ontario. Further, painters should have general liability insurance as well. If they don't have both, you might be opening yourself up to a lot of trouble.
- How long has the painter been on the job? It's critical that they have a lot of experience and that they only hire highly trained painters. An interior home painter usually requires at least ten years of experience.
- Do they do the job themselves or pay someone else to do it? When contractors employ subcontractors, it's always riskier, so if they do, make sure you know the subcontractors as well as the salesperson selling you the paint job.
- Is the painting contractor a part of many well-known organizations or brands? There are several organizations to look this up, such as the Better Business Bureau and HomeStars.com
- Is there a portfolio of their past home painting projects? If they have worked as a house painter in Toronto and the GTA, they must have a work portfolio to show you and references.
It's nice to trust your instincts, but it's much better to do some homework before making a hiring decision. Selecting the right contractor to provide the best painting services for your project would satisfy you and save you time and money in the long run.