Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 434: Michie Mee

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 434In this 434th episode, Mike chats with Michie Mee about the roots of Toronto hip-hop, her rap battles, breaking out with Jamaican Funk, Raggadeath, Flow 93.5 and more. This episode is exactly 1:22:08.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Michie Mee and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Palma Pasta, Fast Time Watch & Jewellery Repair, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and BUKL. Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Palma Pasta   glb   Fast Time Watch & Jewellery Repair

propertyinthesix   BUKL   paytm

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Anonymous

Will definitely listen to. Great of you to have a genuine Toronto rap artist, unlike that fraud Drake.

February 21, 2019 @ 3:01 PM

Sandra

Nice one. I’d like to hear a KOTJ epi please and thank you.

February 21, 2019 @ 4:54 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Great episode! Nice to hear those rockin' Raggadeth tracks in the modern age, totally underrated
until this very day! And full props to Anonymous above for their spot-on Drake evisceration.
Still got mad props for his Jimmy Brooks on Degrassi:TNG, but not a fan of his current incarnation.
Gotta love that his uncle is Larry Graham from Sly and the Family Stone and that his stone cold
cool Pops found some late-in-life fame thanks to The Arkells!!

@Mike
May I suggest a special section solely dedicated to the various bodyguards and drivers who
have sat in on TM'd episodes to date? Kinda thinking the likes of Joel Goldberg, the camera dude who accompanied those two former CTV news anchors, Bif Naked's Snake, and lastly that rather
silent gentleman from yesterday, whose name currently escapes me?

February 22, 2019 @ 4:41 PM

@bsmntdwllr73

Let's see...

Maie Pauts brought her daughter.

Erin Davis brought her husband.

Keith Hampshire brought his wife because they were off to a funeral afterwards. I think the ep ran long and I made them late!

Hazel Mae brought Kevin Barker, her husband.

Joel Goldberg always accompanies Ziggy.

Bif Naked brought Snake the second time, but not the first time.

And yes, there was a cool young videographer accompanying Kate Wheeler and Christine Bentley. Alex Simpson is his name.

And now Michie Mee brought E. E was very nice.

February 22, 2019 @ 5:15 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
I knew that I could count on you to be most prompt and thorough. Didn't realize that
K. Hampshire visited with his wife, as that must have been slightly awkward when
he casually mentioned that she disliked one of his classic tracks that you played!!

February 22, 2019 @ 5:20 PM

@bsmntdwllr73

She actually stayed upstairs and read in my living room. Although she could hear us from there, just not the tunes I played.

February 22, 2019 @ 7:34 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Glad to know indeed that no ancient musical matrimonial disagreements were needlessly rekindled on that particular very fine summer day!! Especially given the fact that they were about to attend a funeral afterwards.

February 23, 2019 @ 9:28 AM

LieveFamke

@Mike, great episode, I knew of Michie Mee but don't ever remember hearing her on the radio. I second Sandra's request of a KOTJ episode!

February 23, 2019 @ 8:53 PM

Michie Mee has agreed to return and kick out the jams with me.

She also recorded this promo.

February 24, 2019 @ 10:58 AM