Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 415: Jaymz Bee

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 415In this 415th episode, Mike chats with musician and radio host Jaymz Bee about the Look People, Al Waxman, Ben Kerr, Mr. Dressup, Molly Johnson and JAZZ.FM91. This episode is exactly 2:02:28.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Jaymz Bee and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Palma Pasta, Fast Time Watch & Jewellery Repair, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Sensus Design and Build. Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

glb   Palma Pasta   Fast Time Watch & Jewellery Repair

propertyinthesix   paytm   Sensus Design and Build

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Brandon

This was a fun listen! You guys covered a lot of territory and different stages of his career. I actually wasn't at all familiar with Jaymz, so it was a nice introduction. Thanks for recording all these recent episodes, Mike, in the holiday period when a lot of things shut down.

December 28, 2018 @ 6:24 PM

@Brandon

Thanks for listening! One more to go before we close out 2018.

December 28, 2018 @ 6:55 PM

Sid_V

I really wanted to hear Mr. Bee'scthoughts on Dean Blundell. Surprised it did not come up. ;)

December 28, 2018 @ 9:33 PM

@Sid_V

I was too busy extracting JAZZ.FM91 info from him about "The Collective".

December 29, 2018 @ 10:19 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Terrific episode. While I have always respected Mr. Bee for both his boundless commitment to and
endless enthusiasm for the local jazz community, I also tended to be simultaneously put off by
his gadfly, mod-about-town persona. Your two hour Real Talk Deep Dive really helped to illustrate
other facets of his personality. so thanks a lot for helping to facilitate said illumination! P.S., "THE
COLLECTIVE" truly sounds like the name for an imaginary prog rock band from a parallel universe
Ayn Rand novel. Too bad that the RUSH handle was trademarked a long time ago! (Note: Post-
formation drummer/lyricist Neil Peart was an obvious Rand appreciator back in the day.)

December 29, 2018 @ 12:07 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Oh, I earlier forgot to mention that I also really enjoyed Jaymz's Jam pick. A really atmospheric/
cinematic tune by an artist (no spoilers here!) worthy of a lot more serious investigation on my part.

December 29, 2018 @ 1:58 PM

@bsmntdwllr73

I would have spent more time discussing Jaymz's jam, but saw the clock and knew I was in OT.

December 29, 2018 @ 2:55 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Oh, it's alright, I'm actually quite familiar with that artist, even if large parts of their discography
aren't currently on my radar.

December 29, 2018 @ 2:58 PM

Sid_V

This was a great episode - Jaymes is a Toronto original. Mentions of Nash the Slash, King Crimson and Pearl Jam - some awesome stories, and positive vibes for everyone.

December 30, 2018 @ 2:53 PM

J9

I am one of those people that cherry pick which episode to listen, so I just caught up with this one and really enjoyed it!

Regarding Oscar Peterson, he lived In Sherwood Forest Village in his later years, attending St Peter’s Anglican Church (Dundas and Mississauga Rd), which is where you will find his final resting place as well.

April 19, 2019 @ 9:28 AM