Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 185: Marc Weisblott

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 185In this 185th episode, Mike chats with 12:36 newsletter author Marc Weisblott about the zany and surreal vegetation of Toronto's lush digital garden. This episode is exactly 1:26:04.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Become a Patron

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Handsome Rob

Downloaded. Will queue it up on my drive in tomorrow and let you know how it sounds.

July 26, 2016 @ 9:44 PM

Sarah

As usual, Marc Weisblott was awesome.

July 26, 2016 @ 11:10 PM

Handsome Rob

Much better Mike. Had it at half volume and could hear perfectly fine. Thanks for looking into it.

Must be nice to have experts you can goto for questions and opinions!

July 27, 2016 @ 12:13 PM

@1236

There was some kind of adjustment of my mic about 20 minutes in that surprisingly wasn't discussed in detail on the podcast itself!

July 27, 2016 @ 12:48 PM

@Handsome Rob

It is pretty cool that when I need audio help I can go to the guy who technically produces The Ongoing History of New Music and then the guy who mixes the audio for home Jays games on Sportsnet.

@1236

#realtalk

July 27, 2016 @ 2:16 PM

markosaar

I know the gal that was the focal point for that Hanlan's point controversy. I felt the media coverage was pretty reasonable, and in that Toronto Life article Marc mentioned, most of the people interviewed seemed to be on her side.

If the aggressive nudists "won" it's because she had no idea it would be such a fuss, and regrets ever having brought it up.

I don't speak for her of course, but that's my impression of how it went.

July 28, 2016 @ 12:33 PM

@1236

I guess I was mostly surprised that anyone took their side seriously at all? Contrasting with how the current social media-driven news narratives tend to work. But as mentioned, the Austin Powers-like news camera shots of nudists are too entertaining to resist ...

July 28, 2016 @ 1:08 PM

markosaar

at @1236,

Yeah I see your point now, and yep those shots were certainly ... cheeky.

July 28, 2016 @ 2:12 PM

Arthur Wellesley

Mike,
I'm warming to this dude. Look forward to next month's visit.

July 28, 2016 @ 9:07 PM

@1236

... and the return of the Lone Wolf Tenor has started even faster than we predicted! http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/remigio-in-st-catharines-1.3699593

July 29, 2016 @ 1:35 PM

Andrew

@Handsome Rob and @TorontoMike

My consulting fees are pretty cheap too.....

Cheers,
Andrew

July 29, 2016 @ 2:51 PM

@Andrew

I might bump up the gain a little more. I figure as long as I'm not in the orange and stay in the green, it won't be too hot!

July 29, 2016 @ 2:57 PM

Andrew

yes... you can be in the orange and be in the red, just don't stay in the red.
fire bad....