Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 158: James Duthie

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 158In this 158th episode, Mike chats with TSN's James Duthie about his years at TSN, being recruited by Rogers Sportsnet, whether he'd follow Jay and Dan to the USA, and what he thinks of Rogers Hockey. This episode is exactly 1:30:51.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Become a Patron

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Jason from Sudbury

Just downloaded and about to listen. I've been looking forward to this one for a while now.

February 11, 2016 @ 1:56 PM

Andrew

@ Toronto Mike,

This is just what I expected from James. For someone who has worked with him on a number of events over the years, he's just as humble on-air as he is off-air. Down to earth, one of the guys, etc, etc. You could tell and hear it in his voice about the passing of Rick (who was absolutely loved by everyone at TSN that I ever talked too) and the horrible situation that happened in Ottawa all those years ago.

Just a good conversation - it's what I like about your podcast. It also sounded really good too ;)

Cheers,
Andrew

February 12, 2016 @ 9:07 AM

This was the first time I ever met James Duthie, but he drove all the way from Aurora to spend two hours with me and he was gracious, humble and a pleasure to talk with. He's authentic.

February 12, 2016 @ 9:10 AM

Lyle Lanley

Great chat... I love these episodes!

February 12, 2016 @ 9:53 AM

James Edgar

Ha I got called Jamie as a Kid too and Also hated it! My sisters still slip sometimes. Now i couldn't care less of course.

February 12, 2016 @ 11:11 AM

When my firstborn was young, I called him Jamesy-waymsy.

February 12, 2016 @ 11:13 AM

Al The Royal Pain

I just finished this one and really enjoyed it. I had to laugh at the part where you guys talked about almost crying during movies on a plane. You don't have to feel ashamed, it's actually a thing that has been written about quite a bit. There have even been studies done to try to figure out why it happens.

February 22, 2016 @ 3:24 PM

Beatts

Mike,

I just listened to this episode last night on my drive home from work. Another great one. James was a great guest.

I actually found the broadcast he talked about (Immediately after Brian Smith's death)

It begins at the 40:17 Mark

January 20, 2017 @ 4:44 PM

Beatts

Thanks.

Hope you don't mind me bringing old episodes back up to the top. I'm just listening to them now, and I listen in no particular order.

January 20, 2017 @ 4:52 PM

@Beatts

Not only do I not mind, but I love it!

If you also tweet about older eps I can RT the tweet and bring some awareness to the archives.

January 20, 2017 @ 4:53 PM