Desktop vs. Mobile vs. Tablet in 2015

I'm in Google Analytics checking out stats for this site in 2015, so I thought I'd share a few details.

This site is 13-years-old, so there was a time when 100% of visitors came from a desktop / laptop. Today, that's definitely not the case.

Here are the stats for desktop, mobile and tablet visitors to this site in 2015:

  1. Desktop - 52.58%
  2. Mobile - 35.55%
  3. Tablet - 11.87%

Share this entry

Comments (4 - click here to join in!)

Blind Dave

I've used all three to come here. At a guess I'd say desktop 85%, then mobile, then tablet at however you want to divvy up the other 15% (with mobile getting the lion's share).

December 19, 2015 @ 12:02 PM

Jody Thornton

I'm surprised that desktops (which I'm sure incorporate notebook PCs) still over 50% of the share.

December 19, 2015 @ 1:31 PM

Toronto Mike Verified as the defacto Toronto Mike

Desktop definitely includes laptops.

December 19, 2015 @ 1:39 PM

markosaar

I have used mobile occasionally to get here, but frankly I do most mobile browsing out of necessity or sheer boredom. I find it such a pain in the ass compared to using a "real" desktop browser.

December 20, 2015 @ 2:16 AM

Leave a comment


Only 4 comments? C'mon, we can do better... Leave a comment above and let's keep this conversation going!


« Open Mike Top Browsers in 2015 »