Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 78

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 78In this 78th episode, Mike and Elvis talk about Dean Blundell, cutting the cable cord, death, birth and Mad Men without spoilers. This episode is exactly 1:04:40.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at https://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Andrew

Dementia sucks. My grandfather developed it about 5 years before his death and the nursing home told me about 3 years before his death not to come anymore as it was stressing him out. I agree with Mike. My 'Ba" as we called him died that day for me.

By the end I was told that he didn't even know who he was or my aunt and would get violent with people because of what was going on. They had to have him in solitary to protect the nurses, himself and other people staying there. A really sad way to end....

My dad has said if he ever loses his marbles to take him out behind the barn and shoot him... I tend to think the same way.

Anyway, great chit-chat as always. I'll have to make my way down there when Elvis is there for a proper introduction.

Cheers,
Andrew

May 27, 2014 @ 3:26 PM

@Andrew

I'll email you the date and time of Elvis appearances in the hopes you can join us.

May 27, 2014 @ 3:28 PM

Andrew

That would be cool...

May 27, 2014 @ 3:44 PM

519 Rob

I have not watched this season of Mad Men yet. I have PVRd this whole season. Not sure if I want to watch it.

My buddy recently turned 40, and I got him a T shirt. Not just any off-the-shelf piece of crap, but I special ordered him a Strange Brew 'RCIMI' shirt.
It was something special for my best friend.

May 27, 2014 @ 3:45 PM

elvis

Thanks 519 Rob.

May 27, 2014 @ 4:03 PM

@519 Rob

You should watch Mad Men. It's a great show.

(But it's not The Wire)

May 27, 2014 @ 4:45 PM

Liz

@Boon

Just listening to the podcast - I really have my hate on for the Catholic church. Not only does dementia suck, it sucks that we can't take matters into our own hands. But once again, the Catholic church stands in the way of anything rational and humane.

@OshawaElvis

I'm rooting for October 9th - my birthday! We'll have to start a pool. Congratulations to you and Mrs. Elvis. The inmates will soon outnumber the wardens! Hope Mrs. Elvis is feeling well.

May 27, 2014 @ 6:10 PM

Liz

@Boon

I've worked in PR and Marketing Communications my whole life. The Blundell media is not earned media - that's paid opportunity. It's just formulaic circle jerk - plays directly to what their plan might be.

May 27, 2014 @ 6:19 PM

Anon&on

Toronto Mike vs Cell Guru Smackdown! Can't wait to hear that. It could be more uncomfortable than the Todd vs Psychic Niki episode.
Maybe you could get Jeff Marek to do a quick promo spot for that.

May 27, 2014 @ 6:22 PM

Andrew

@ Liz

Yup... same thing my lovely bride said about it. She does the same thing as you.
Paid $$$

Cheers,
Andrew

May 27, 2014 @ 6:53 PM

Liz

@Oshawa Elvis

Yes, you cheap prick. Bring the other cheap prick a No Frills gift card - because even we cheap pricks have to eat. I'm certainly not a consumer either - but Boon's family does need to eat. Practical and respectful of Boon's interests.

Let me reiterate - bring Boon a gift card of some sort. A gift card for something he and Monica would enjoy and would need to go to pocket for.

PS Cell Guru

I seriously want to fuck with that guy. You're a pacifist hippie -I will cut a bitch. Send me in the ring.

Guy's a douche. I could SO take him.

May 27, 2014 @ 7:03 PM

@Liz

Violence is not a solution. I want peace with the Cell Guru.

May 27, 2014 @ 7:25 PM

Liz

@Mike

You're so funny. Going to hug it out?

May 27, 2014 @ 7:35 PM

@Liz

We'll see what he says first. :)

May 27, 2014 @ 7:36 PM

Liz

@Mike

You're so funny. Going to hug it out?

May 27, 2014 @ 7:39 PM

Liz

@Mike

Apparently the universe wanted this question asked twice - you know, to reiterate that you need to call this guy on his douche-baggery. I mean, come on.

May 27, 2014 @ 7:41 PM

Liz

@Mike

The good news is HH will cut him a new one right off the hop. No doubt there.

May 27, 2014 @ 7:43 PM

Liz

Well, along with @Cheryl, time to settle in for the game. And, do some grown up work at the same time. I'm pretty certain she and I might be cheering from different benches.

May 27, 2014 @ 7:46 PM

519 Rob

@Mike
I've watched all of the older seasons of Mad Men, it's just this recent 1/2 season I haven't gotten in to.

I do like the show a lot - probably in my top 10 all time.

Rob

May 28, 2014 @ 8:34 AM

elvis

@Liz - for the record, I'm not being cheap. I don't like expectations being heaped on me.

May 28, 2014 @ 10:46 AM

Al The Royal Pain

Listening to the podcast now guys. Great job! A little sad that Barb wasn't on but still looking forward to next week.

Mike, my condolences on your loss. It was weird to hear that you were in my hometown (Bradford) making the funeral arrangements. Did your grandmother live there? Was her funeral at the catholic church in Bradford? That was my church. It's where I was baptized (different building, same parish) and eventually married.

Elvis congratulations on your news!

May 29, 2014 @ 11:40 AM

@Al The Royal Pain

I spent all day yesterday in Bradford.

First at Skwarchuk Funeral Home, then Holy Martyrs of Japan Church, then Holy Martyrs Cemetery and back to the church for sandwiches.

May 29, 2014 @ 11:44 AM

Al The Royal Pain

Interesting, I'm all-too familiar with both places (sadly). I now live just north of Bradford (5 minutes) but most of my family and friends still live there. My grandfather is also buried at that cemetery.

May 29, 2014 @ 12:11 PM

@Al The Royal Pain

My grandfather was also buried there.

They used to live in Gilford.

May 29, 2014 @ 12:17 PM