Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 21: The House That Heaven Built

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 21Toronto Mike'd is back for a 21st episode from our new studio. In this episode, Rosie and I talk about recent losses, lies from Lance, the new NHL season and take a trip down memory lane with Chris Sheppard. This episode is exactly 44:02.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at https://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Victoria

It sounds great!

Keep them coming!

January 18, 2013 @ 5:00 PM

Declan

I was quite curious how the new equipment would sound, and it sounds fabulous.

Great job!

January 18, 2013 @ 5:10 PM

Sam in Pickering

At first I wasn't sure about playing the hard rock song at the beginning, but then I started liking it and it got my heart going. It ended up putting me in the right mood and I really think this is your best episode yet.

A new beginning indeed.

January 18, 2013 @ 6:00 PM

The Japandroids takes up the first 1:25. If you hate it, that's how far you need to jump.

It was important to me that I start this episode in this way.

January 18, 2013 @ 6:01 PM

Sammi

You should keep the Japanroids as your intro tune. You know how I feel about your other one.

January 18, 2013 @ 7:44 PM

Sammi

I mean Japandroids. I should check my spelling.

January 18, 2013 @ 7:46 PM

Mike Kic

Great podcast guys..... And nice touch mentioning Daniel, Boon!

January 18, 2013 @ 8:14 PM

Anon&on

Brio is the adult Dr. Pepper. Dr. Pepper is the older kid Root Beer. For pure kid pop, you have to go with Tahiti Treat.
Ginger Beer was a dare.

Sound quality was fine, Mike was louder than Rosie, and the end sign-off was extremely loud. I thought my $50 bluetooth x-mini was going to blow- almost felt sick.

January 19, 2013 @ 10:38 AM

@Anon&on

My audio consultant tells me I should lower the gain on my mic and the in-line audio from my laptop.

When it comes to getting all the levels right, practice will make perfect. But I agree, I'm louder than Rosie and the music comes in too loud compared to our vocals.

Next time, I'll be better.

January 19, 2013 @ 10:50 AM

Alex

All I look for in a podcast is interesting content, good chemistry and decent sounds quality.

You're 3 out of 3.

Looking forward to #22.

January 19, 2013 @ 11:50 AM

Roshan

Really great Mike & Rosie. Hey just a thought - you could also video shoot you guys doing the podcast and then upload it to Youtube. What do you think?

January 19, 2013 @ 12:29 PM

@Roshan

All suggestions will be taken into consideration, but my initial thought is that this is just an audio thing.

Unless a network wants to simulcast it the way they simulcast Prime Time Sports.

January 19, 2013 @ 12:34 PM

Matt

Mike be sure to link Ryan's podcast when it gets going.

BTW why don't you have your brothers on sometime? Re-hash to Bargnani debate haha.

January 19, 2013 @ 2:11 PM

Rick C in Oakville

I thought you had new intro, music, kind of revved things up before the podcast. Rosie should give a shout out to her My Toronto Scoop blog, maybe make her blog the first official friend of the Toronto Miked podcast, with a cool promo spot.

January 19, 2013 @ 7:55 PM

Andrew

Hi Mike,

I'm really proud of you and the studio you let me help you build. With the budget you had, I think you were really wise on the gear you bought and it'll last you a long time if treated with love and care.

We've talked about how I felt about the podcast, and I think it can only improve over time and how much you use the gear to get a feel for it.

Looking forward to hearing more and more.

From lovely Port Hawkesbury, NS I say happy podcasting!!

Cheers,
Andrew

January 21, 2013 @ 6:14 PM

Lorne

Good as always. Not sure if you're changing the theme music or not. I'm happy either way. Though if you do change the theme to a long intro that listeners aren't used to-- you really, really should bump the intro. "You're listening to Toronto Mike'd [ Music ]". If only because, even as a loyal listener, I had to re-check my Winamp to make sure I hadn't downloaded the wrong song-- or that maybe the MP3 was corrupt or had gotten skipped, etc.

Length good.

I don't think I would watch a video podcast. I listen while at work. It's easy enough to keep a 40-60 minute audio on earphones and focus on other things. Would not be able to do the same with an hour long video. Never mind the bandwidth issues.

Kudos again to your audio guy. Even with a minor level imbalance, I barely noticed, and you're still miles above the quality of other podcasts I've heard.

January 22, 2013 @ 2:11 PM

@Lorne

That opening song was going to be a one time thing. I came *this* close to not doing it b/c I knew it would go long and I thought it would confuse or annoy people. Rosie talked me into it.

I'm glad I did it, but I don't think I'll do it again. Although I kind of like the idea of opening with a different song every week. If I do, I'll take your advice and say something first.

January 22, 2013 @ 2:20 PM

Lorne

I liked the song, BTW. Very thematic. I had a feeling it'd be a one time treat.

January 23, 2013 @ 10:03 AM

Dwano

Sounds great. The throw-back to Chris Sheppards club 102 days (or daze) was awesome. Time to dig out that Skinny Puppy cassette and have a listen.

Did Humble and Fred kick you out of their studio or was it getting too busy?

January 23, 2013 @ 1:49 PM

@Dwano

Neither. This is just something I've wanted to do for a while.

In fact, I talked to Humble this morning. He would cut me a key to his studio and everything.

January 23, 2013 @ 1:51 PM