One Year of Weight Loss and Maintenance
I think my 2-year old nephew's birthday party last year was the last straw. I had just come back from Berlin feeling bloated and slow, and then I pigged out on pizza, chips and brownies at Nate's birthday party. That Monday, I decided to change things up.
I was going to start doing three things:
- I was going to modify my diet. Essentially, less sugar and junk food and smaller portions of the foods I love. I was going to be smarter about what I put in my body.
- I was going to exercise more - more walking, biking all summer long and now swimming every weekday
- I was going to weigh-in every morning, documenting my progress via Wii Fit
Below is how my weight chart looks after this morning's weigh-in. I bounced off the bottom in September and started building mass with the swimming.
Here's the tale of the tape:
- Feb 3, 2012: 86 kg (189.5 lbs)
- Jan 31, 2013: 66.3 kg (146.1 lbs)
I still eat lots of pizza and pasta, and if you bake me cookies, I'll have a few, I'm just aware of what my decisions do to my body. It's simple math: calories consumed - calories burned.
I've never felt better.
Only 28 comments? C'mon, we can do better... Leave a comment above and let's keep this conversation going!