Meet Rosie: The Co-Host of Toronto Mike'd

Rosie: The Co-Host of Toronto Mike'dIt was July when I decided I'd try hosting a podcast of my own. With access to the Humble and Fred studio and a thorough knowledge of the back-end of XML and iTunes, I just needed a theme song and an awesome co-host.

The theme song, "Toronto Mike'd (City Love)", came courtesy of iLLvibe and I still dig it. But who would be my co-host? I'd need someone dependable, smart, comfortable on a microphone and, most importantly, someone I had excellent chemistry with. Such people do not grow on trees!

I immediately thought of Rosie. I've known Rosie since grade 10 and was once so reliant on her I literally had her pick all of my classes one year at U of T. Hell, she gave me the bed I slept on as a teenager, and my 10-year old sleeps on that bed to this day. Rosie gets me, has lots of broadcasting experience, and is completely reliable. And there's no way she's say no to this non-paying gig! Rosie would never say no to me.

rose

And she didn't. Every Tuesday at 5pm I know Rosie will meet me at the studio to record an episode or two of Toronto Mike'd. We don't always agree on things, but I know the discussions and debates will be lively and organic and we'll have fun.

rose2

So thanks, Rosie. I'm looking forward to recording episode #19 with you tonight.

Jamie

I'd let her touch it.

December 11, 2012 @ 10:18 AM

elvis

Jaysus, that didn't take long.

December 11, 2012 @ 11:03 AM

@elvis

In @Jamie's defense, we don't know what "it" is that she could touch.

I think Jamie just wants to hold hands with Rose.

December 11, 2012 @ 11:11 AM

St3ve

Hot. Piece. Of. Ass.

Make the podcast a video cast and watch the ratings soar... amongst other things.

December 11, 2012 @ 11:12 AM

Mississaug Phil

@ Jamie...yeah, but I'm willing to bet she forgot her tweezers...

Seriously guys, I don't know her oustide of conversing on this forum, but why is that the first place you go.

She's someones mom....yes she is a lovely lady, but why do you have to go there....trolls

December 11, 2012 @ 11:12 AM

And I know her aunt reads this blog.

I often get blamed for stuff commenters say, ya know. Ask Fearless Fred!

December 11, 2012 @ 11:22 AM

Mississaug Phil

Fearless Fred is a tool who rehashes old Seth McFarline jokes and is a complete poser-hipster....

Hoever, he's still better than Todd Shapiro solo this morning...i never realized how bad he sucks without Dean there...

That is from Missisauga Phil...not Toronto Mike :)

Fred can get my email from Mike if he'd like some suggestions on making himself less annoying....

December 11, 2012 @ 11:37 AM

Jamie

@Mike... "It" is my heart :)

December 11, 2012 @ 12:49 PM

Douglas

Yay, there's Rosie. I've been "honoured" to have two shout outs from her on the podcast. You two have one of the most important ingredients for any kind of media show: chemistry.

December 11, 2012 @ 12:53 PM

Rosie

Mike you are so sweet! It's true, it's impossible to say no to Toronto Mike. I totally forgot about the year where I picked all his classes. What a pain that was. I think that was the year I stuck us with Intro To Chaucer and a very mean poetry prof that yelled at him. There is no one I'd rather podcast with ... see you soon!

December 11, 2012 @ 1:59 PM

Matt

What is intro to Chaucer?

December 11, 2012 @ 2:27 PM

Rosie signed me up for Intro to Chaucer and I had to buy the Riverside Chaucer:

It was the heaviest, most expensive, least used textbook I ever bought.

December 11, 2012 @ 2:30 PM

headsup

@Jamie

What an unfortunate choice for an opening comment. As a totally blind guy I could tell that Rosie is an attractively-built person. I did not feel compelled to ask if my powers of deduction were accurate because frankly I don't care. So thanks for giving an unwanted answer to a question that I never cared to ask.

@Torontomike and @Rosie

Thanks for putting the time and energy into this podcast. You make us think and keep us entertained. Your true and deep care and friendship are quite evident in your on-air chemestry. Keep up the great work!

December 11, 2012 @ 4:20 PM

Jamie

@Heads up.... Get off your high horse jerk off I never directed my comment at you in the first place. I can take a guess where your "headsup" name comes from but it might not smell too good.

Lighten up, it was mean't as a compliment and if Rosie is offended by it I'm sure she would say something.

December 11, 2012 @ 4:29 PM

I'll ask Rosie tonight if she was offended.

Stay tuned!

December 11, 2012 @ 4:32 PM

Gump

Based on comments on this site, I checked out 102.1 the edge this morning and realized that the task of being the morning DJ is very hard. Todd gamely tried, but it was very strange wishing Dean was back (and I like Todd, I just wish he brought his mature game more often to the gig).
As an aside, I applaud the use of tangerine tanks for head shots on (insert Rosie's unknown nationality here). The male gaze automatically drops due to evolutionary factors...

December 11, 2012 @ 4:59 PM

Gump

sed s/nationality/ethnicity/g

December 11, 2012 @ 5:03 PM

Lorne

I think there should be special color for Rosie's comments.

December 11, 2012 @ 6:18 PM

Anon&on

My Toronto Scoop
You left that out of her introduction.

I like the picture selections on Rosie's blog.
Excellent podcast partner!

December 11, 2012 @ 8:11 PM

Rick C in Oakville

She is even more lovely in person, than what you hear on the podcast. I had the honour of meeting Rosie at the Nut Hut Shit show anniversary.
Mike, you have a friendship with Rosie that usually ends after High School, nice to see this one continue.
Looking forward to the next episode guy and girl!

December 11, 2012 @ 8:19 PM

Blind Dave

Great to read a bio of Rosie. You two go so well together, it's obvious you are long time friends.

The podcast is light-hearted and fun, and the chemistry is awesome.

Keep doing what you're doing!

December 11, 2012 @ 8:47 PM

Stephanie

Like Rick C, I too met Rosie at the Nut Hut Shit Show, and I LOVE her! She is a really nice person, a mom and Toronto-centric, so she fits totally into what Mike must have had in mind. I'm happy to be a fan of their podcast and a fan of the Rosie and Mike individuals. You're doing a great job.. better every week! And if I learn something new each episode (even if that means to never miss Horner and *mistakenly* wind up at Mecca/Sherway), it's all good!

Love you!

December 13, 2012 @ 7:27 PM

Roshan

She's a sweetie and has one of the sweetest giggles I have ever heard in my life. Cheers, Rosie.

December 16, 2012 @ 3:26 AM