Eat-Man for the Commodore Pet

infoWe never owned a Commodore Pet, but my dad would bring it home from work on selective weekends. That made the Commodore Pet the first computer I ever enjoyed.

One of my favourite games was Eat-Man. I just Googled the crap out of "Eat-Man" and there's surprisingly nothing out there. Eat-Man was Pac-Man without the high-end graphics. Essentially, the character Eat-Man was the < character and he gobbled up -'s in a Pac-Man like maze. I can't remember what character the ghosts were, but they might have been o's or *'s.

Pac-Man was all the rage in the early 80s but I was tearing it up with Eat-Man.

Press play on tape one!

PET

CQ

My old high school had a roomful of these computers. Mostly I can remember that we could write a small instruction file to display wavy repeating keyboard char lines.

August 30, 2009 @ 11:01 AM

DanielleS

We used to have PETs at school (The East York board really had a thing for Commodore) and I remember playing this and Lemonade Stand after waiting forever for it to load on tape.

August 30, 2009 @ 4:56 PM

Toronto Mike

Lemonade stand was my other favourite game!

Along with Horse Racing.

August 30, 2009 @ 5:12 PM

rob

The old PET.
A quiz what does P.E.T. stand for?

I remember when we got the Bell and Howell "Black Apple ][ + " on a month trial bases at Thornlea SS. We also had 2 PET 4032 with external cassette tape drives. We also had a Mini IBM 1130 computer with 1132 line printer and a 1432 punch card reader, and that was 1982. My last year (Grade 13) they installed a VAX 11/730. (never got any play time with that) :-(

I also remember learning the old languages of BASIC, FORTRAN, COBOL and 6502 ASM. way before University.

ahh the good old days, now you kids, "get off my lawn" :-)

August 30, 2009 @ 5:21 PM

Toronto Mike

I totally had to cheat to learn PET stood for Personal Electronic Transactor.

August 30, 2009 @ 5:24 PM

Rob

Dam you Google or was it Bing?
that you used?

Toronto Mike wins ... The geek of the nano-second award ...
enjoy ... oh to late.

:-)

August 30, 2009 @ 5:39 PM

DanielleS

One of my first experiences with a floppy drive was with a PET. We had 4032 models, so our drives were externala bout two years after playing Lemonade Stand. I must have been in grade four then, and we loaded Story Writer for word processing from floppy and I seem to remember printing to a networked dot matrix as well.

We used to also PEEK and POKE our machines with glee!

You may enjoy this site, if you haven't seen it already:

August 30, 2009 @ 8:23 PM

Toronto Mike

I can't credit a search engine, it was Wikipedia that coughed up the answer in nanoseconds.

August 30, 2009 @ 8:57 PM

Carl

I played this also, but the name I remember was "pet-man". I found a few hits on google talking about pet-man but no download links or source code. at the speed it ran I'm guessing it was in BASIC.

February 12, 2013 @ 8:03 AM