Kiss 92.5 All Hits Radio Born From Ashes of Jack FM

RadioLess than a week ago, I wrote about the problem with 92.5 Jack FM. The ratings were abysmal, and I predicted there would be a format change by Labour Day. Jack didn't make it a week into June.

Jack FM is now KISS 92.5 FM, being billed by Rogers as "the only ALL HITS radio station in the city of Toronto".

Available on-air at 92.5 FM in Toronto and online at kiss925.ca, the station kicked off its broadcast Friday at 3 o'clock with a promise to play 10,000 songs in a row with no commercial interruption, featuring artists like Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Black Eyed Peas, Kanye West, Nickelback, Katy Perry, T.I., Justin Timberlake, Kardinal Offishall, Britney Spears, Ne-Yo, Kelly Clarkson and Rihanna among others. The launch was simulcast on Rogers All-News outlet, 680News.

KISS92.5 will engage its listeners both on the air and online by taking advantage of all the possibilities that present themselves in the new digital world. As the station evolves, the audience will be "plugged in" through instant messaging, Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and several other social networking sites as well as wirelessly via texting.

On-air talent for KISS92.5 will be announced in the coming weeks, along with details on concerts and events that will feature today's biggest hit makers.

If Kiss sounds familiar, it should. Before Jack, 92.5 was known as KISS FM, playing top 40 hits before delving into more hip hop and R&B in the early 2000s.

Kiss is back, playing all hits once more. And I've just lost my shower radio station that provided me with uninterrupted rock from 7:30 to 7:48 each morning.

James

Aren't there any original radio station ideas left? This sounds really boring.

They should have just given the frequency to the Fan or 680!

June 5, 2009 @ 3:44 PM

Toronto Mike

Talk radio has been banished to the AM frequency. I doubt an FM signal will ever again go Talk.

June 5, 2009 @ 3:47 PM

sinnacle

Always a good idea to go back to something that failed 5 years ago.

June 5, 2009 @ 3:51 PM

Argie

The Rogers folks should have consulted with me. I would have suggested an oldies format. I personally don't like that kind of music but with all of the boomers in the GTA that kind of format is needed. Since 1050 became an all news station, music from the 50s and 60s isn't heard on the radio anymore (all that doo wop crap, Beach Boys, early Beatles, motown, etc) .

Kiss FM will just end up the same way Jack did - in the scrap heap of dead stations.

June 5, 2009 @ 3:51 PM

CQ

From trailing Q107 to trailing Z103.
So there is still no local 'pop music' station playing the types of songs continuously featured on youth oriented TV shows.

June 5, 2009 @ 3:52 PM

Fabster

JACK FM was perfect! They had a huge variety of rock music form the 60’s to today’s new stuff. No other station had that much time span of music. This new stuff they’re playing? There are easily half a dozen stations that play it. On how many stops on the dial do we have to hear Britney Spears or Justin Timberlake?

June 5, 2009 @ 4:01 PM

Amy

I am not a happy camper. Jack FM was by far the best radio station in Toronto. I even have friends in England who would listen online, saying how lucky I was to have such a great station in my city. And now it's going back to Kiss FM, like we need ANOTHER top 40 station. Jack was my refuge from all the crap the other stations play. I guess I'm done with radio now, and that sucks.

June 5, 2009 @ 4:23 PM

Wayner

unless they get decent on-air personalities it will just end up like jack

June 5, 2009 @ 4:30 PM

Dizz

Yawn.

Is there a decent country station in Toronto? I mean, 820 CHAM went all talk last year.

June 5, 2009 @ 7:05 PM

jason | getyouroj.com

Wow, at least two of your readers think JACK was the best thing since sliced bread... but there probably aren't two more.

What does Virgin sound like these days?

It seems to me there are not too many stations with the same format????

Go figure.

Could Toronto radio be ANY more boring?

June 5, 2009 @ 7:22 PM

A.R.

I'm hoping the younger generation is wise enough not to listen to FM radio. This is why it's a waste of time:
1. repetitive, generic music
2. airhead hosts
3. the commercial breaks are long with annoying ads

Thus, the best bet is for it to die.

June 5, 2009 @ 7:36 PM

JF

My life won't change one bit...an oldies station, or 680 on fm would have been great (especially as i listen to 680 a lot, but my mp3 player only has an fm tuner).

June 5, 2009 @ 7:44 PM

jason | getyouroj.com

A.R.

I don't think you need to worry much, they know... and they aren't.

June 5, 2009 @ 8:07 PM

Jack Fan

Jack was the only Toronto's station with REAL music (c'mon, guys, I am talking REAL instruments, not computers and vocoders) and now they scrapped it in the name of same boring, two-tone soulless crap you can here everywhere...
RIP, Jack, Long Live Rock 'n Roll, Rogers act as greedy bastards as always...

June 5, 2009 @ 8:57 PM

Horonymous

What Toronto did not have until today was a station that played TOP 40 music.
My daughter 15 & her friends when not listening to their iPods enjoy Siruis Hits 1 a top forty style channel. So popular that the her friends ask to borrow our Sirius Radio for their parties. Rogers made the right choice as far as not just offering up a format that already exists in town. Wether they made the right financial choice is another.

June 5, 2009 @ 9:33 PM

Charlie

Honestly I got bored with the heavy rotation of ACDC, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard (80's hair bands). The Clash, Nirvana, etc were mixed in for great balance - they used to have an amazing mix that surpassed most stations. What I'll miss most though is the on air talent - they were true Talent.

June 5, 2009 @ 9:43 PM

Irvine

AR, most of the 50s and 60's pop, including Buddy Holly & the Beatles was generic pop crap. Are you going to tell me that "She loves you yeah yeah yeah" was some introspective pop song ? ABBA had deeper melodies dude and no doubt you write that off as Disco crap

Remove the big 500 records from classic rock radio and most of the pap in the 50s, 60s and 70s wasn't much different than what you hear today.

Kiss 92,5 doesn't have a chance against Z103 anyway. Cause it's too white. The reason Z103 is where it's at today is because it realizes that playing a song in Greek, Panjabi or Spanish..gets their ass some real credibility in Toronto.

And most of the white folks that live in Toronto are actually really open to different cultures. Those that weren't long moved away and complain from the fringe of the suburbs...about how bad Toronto is. A whole list come here and over at CanadianDrinker.com

June 5, 2009 @ 10:06 PM

The Cheat

This is a good thing. And just to correct you, the station was never KISS FM. it was kiss 92, then kiss 92-5.

It was a great station that was station of the year every year it existed. kiss 2.0 has a big legacy to live up to. Whether they do or not is up to the people up top. But there's nothing wrong with a good old fashion radio slug fest a la CFTR/1050 CHUM circa 1980's!

June 5, 2009 @ 10:22 PM

Buffalo Boy Mike

At least you guys have the Mighty Q 107 still doing its thing, CFNY while not what it once wsa is still there and just needs to be tweaked back in the other direction.

June 5, 2009 @ 10:29 PM

Ajax Mike

Ugh. Yeah, gonna have to remove that from my car presets right quick.

Oh and Irvine, while true most of the Beatles early stuff was pure bubblegum in the lyrics department, the actual melodies and harmonies were surprisingly complex. That said, I still prefer them from about Rubber Soul onwards...

June 5, 2009 @ 10:39 PM

Daphne7411

I was shccked to hear the switch this evening. Well that's final nail in heading to satellite radio. Or US stations on the web. I loved the format! No one for the longest time was playing that mix of 70s, 80s,90s and newer rock...Q's okay but often it's too "rock snob". Guiltily I happen to like the fun factor of hair rock and melodic rock. Not a Pink Floyd fan. As for the "there's not pop station angle" sorry but all four songs I managed to get through this evening we all the same songs rotated non-stop on Virgin and Chum...the horror to be subjected to at work.

June 5, 2009 @ 11:14 PM

BiesBos

What a load of garbage this KISS station is.
One minute I'm listening to rock, next minute they force me to like teeny bob and the young masturbators.
They treat us -- THE LISTENER -- like mindless zombies??
Sorry Rogers, you're assholes.
It's back to Jazz and Classical for me. I'll have to buy an I Pod.

June 6, 2009 @ 6:03 AM

elvis

People seriously think JACK was good? Idiots.

Repetitive? That's not new people. Back in the day, DJs would play Elvis tunes ALL day long (same song) because of the massive amount of requests for it (same goes for other artists).

If you want rock, Q107 or 97.7 are your only sources.

June 6, 2009 @ 8:22 AM

CQ

While it's an awkward term, to me, 'pop music' suggests a more lightness and easygoing nature. It is circled and joined by all the fragmented terms like shoegaze, indy, retro, postpunk, and bubblegum - as opposed to aggressive urban dance or alternative rock.
I've named dozens of current musical acts previously. Undeservedly most are never heard on any local radio playlist. Winnipeg's Paper Moon [Say it's all over] is one example.

June 6, 2009 @ 8:46 AM

Toronto Mike

Ya know, I kinda liked the Jack playlists. Some mornings I'd hear The Tragically Hip's Fireworks, followed by Journey's Don't Stop Believing, Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit and U2's Where The Street Have No Name. I dug it.

Personally, I just wish they'd chatter less on 102.1. I still enjoy their playlist and if they played more music I wouldn't hesitate to move over.

When I want talk, I always have CBC Radio One.

June 6, 2009 @ 9:49 AM

Toronto Mike

Look at what's currently posted at 925jackfm.com. I feel sorry for Jack Nation and their "Loyalty" points. Isn't loyalty a two way street?

AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE ABOUT YOUR JACK NATION POINTS

As of 3 p.m. on Friday June 5th, 2009, 92.5 JACK FM became KISS 92.5, Toronto's Hit Music Station.

It means that we are discontinuing the JACK Nation Loyalty Club. But we want to thank you for listening and for being a club member. So we're giving you one last chance to win -- and WIN BIG.

You could win $10,000 cash!

You can use your remaining JACK Nation points to enter our draw for ten thousand dollars. And the more points you have, the more times you can enter. BUT DO IT SOON: the draw will be held Friday June 12th 2009, at noon. After this draw, your JACK Nation points will no longer be valid.

Give KISS a listen.

We hope you'll hang around and give KISS 92.5 a listen. It's a different kind of music, but you just might like what you hear. Visit www.kiss925.ca for more info.

Thanks again for being part of the JACK Nation. And remember: use your points to enter the $10,000 draw before Friday June 12th! We'll announce the winner Friday afternoon, right here on this site.

Rock out, Your friends at 92.5 JACK FM

I'm sure the AC/DC lovin', Def Leppard diggin', Black Sabbath playin' crowd is going to love KISS 92.5.

June 6, 2009 @ 1:36 PM

Irvine

JACK FM represented Toronto in 1985, not 2009. A pasty white uninspiring playlist targeted to aging hipsters now pushing 40. The folks that believe the Tragically Hip are still relevant & cool.

Problem is, Toronto doesn't have many of those folks anymore. Most of them left town in a form of "white flight". Moved to the outer 'burbs where they can enjoy life with their postage stamp yard & going out for "ethnic food" means hitting Manchu Wok for lunch. If they're not doing that, they're probably writing in forums on how the "brown" people should take their grievances back to their own country.

June 6, 2009 @ 1:37 PM

Jane

Toronto still has a huge following for Jack-style music, but most of them stopped listening to the radio when Q107 changed to its moldy-oldies format. Some of us are not into the harder Edge of NIN et al, but appreciated having a station that still played modern rock.

I want to listen to music I like, which includes rock and hop-hop. Only sheep worry about what's "relevant and cool".

June 6, 2009 @ 2:53 PM

Mike from Lowville

All you people DON'T KNOW JACK! CIOI 101.5, too bad you T.O. people can't catch it. The signal is not strong enough. You can catch it on the net though. Freddie's darn Wolf interferes sometimes. Someones got to get Fred to turn down the power!

June 6, 2009 @ 3:19 PM

jf

i like how (some) people in toronto think that the burbs aren't effected by anything they are(like the jack signal stopped at the scarb/pick boarder or something!) Other possible rock stations? 94.9 and 92.9 (Buffalo's Jack) and oldies from the 'shwa w/ 107.7 (although it would be nice to have one with a stereo signal). Most commercial radio isn't very good, simple as...

June 6, 2009 @ 3:33 PM

Irvine

Mourning the loss of Jack FM is like mourning the loss of the Burger King up the street.

Note I said Burger King too.

June 6, 2009 @ 4:55 PM

michael

just thought I would send in my opinion, bring back JACK FM this new stuff is for falling asleep to.

June 6, 2009 @ 6:44 PM

Toronto Mike

Irvine, when the Burger King up the street closes, there's a clone within 1 km serving the exact same menu.

If you liked the rock mix from Jack, which is different from the rock mix at Q or CFNY, you're now screwed.

Your analogy doesn't jive.

I've been listening to a lot of radio today, and I've been tuning in 102.1's double shot weekend. I've actually really liked over 90% of the tracks they've played today, for what it's worth.

June 6, 2009 @ 7:13 PM

brad

just want toronto needed - another station to hear lada gaga and katy perry

let's see, i can hear them all day on:
92.5
99.9
103.5
97.7
98.1

did i miss anything? what's 107.9 doing these days?

June 7, 2009 @ 11:32 AM

Babs Bunny

*runs around in circles and squeals* I LOVED Kiss 92 FM!!!!!!!!!!!

June 7, 2009 @ 1:07 PM

Russell

okay, i loved kiss 92.5 when it was out...
NO TOP40?!
lets see here.....
103.5
99.9
104.5
93.5 sometimes
101.1 if you can get it
98.5
93.7 sometimes

....now 92.5

June 7, 2009 @ 8:07 PM

Jack Listener

Well,

i'm surviving on a combination of Q107, Edge, and 92.9 Jack FM from Buffalo

I just hate the Corus stations (Q and Edge)... way too much talk and ads, not enough music. Jack FM Buffalo isn't as "rock" as the Toronto one was, but it isn't bad and it still comes in in my car quite clear.

June 7, 2009 @ 9:43 PM

AFK

OK, so Rogers said that KISS 92.5 FM is "the only ALL HITS radio station in the city of Toronto"........ so what is Z103.5??

June 8, 2009 @ 2:24 AM

Rebecca

What a shock to turn on the radio Saturday morning to hear the new Kiss 925. Since I cannot abide the useless chatter on the "Q", I will be joining my husband who has listened to Sirius for the last 2 years. Here's hoping my loyalty points win me the $10,000 since I have not won a thing with them before. What's happening to Samantha, Carly, Jeff and Andrew?

June 8, 2009 @ 7:49 AM

Craig L

The only time I listen to radio is on short car trips (i.e. Costco runs) and most of the time, I get a whack of commercials. Jack was good when it respected its original "shuffle" format but somewhere along the line it became a crappy mainstream rock station with a heavy emphasis on bland classic rock. Thank goodness for my iPod car kit during longer trips and Internet radio stations on iTunes when I'm working.

June 8, 2009 @ 1:25 PM

Craig L

June 8, 2009 @ 1:25 PM

slednut

97.7 or 94.9 it's all we have left if you like this type of music. Give 94.5 The Bull a try too if you travel to Grey/Bruce. Not too many stations available for us 40 somethings, too bad because we are the 'spenders' that should be targeted for their adds. I guess I will find a new preset for my radio eventually.

June 8, 2009 @ 2:03 PM

Marky61

The original JACK-FM format was fresh and different, especially before they added DJs. Trying to outrock Q was a big mistake. They never should have made that change - beginning of the end. The return of KISS is abysmal. Someone should try reproducing Ethel on XM Radio - with a few commercials to keep it free!

June 8, 2009 @ 5:08 PM

jason | Getyouroj.com

JACK fan - I guess you must be saying anything plugged in is not an instrument.

So I trust you only listen to acoustic music.

June 9, 2009 @ 6:31 PM

jason | Getyouroj.com

p.s. Mike, seriously, who is paying you to defend the edge at all costs - no sane person could or would go to these lengths unless they were some type of whore

June 9, 2009 @ 6:34 PM

Babs Bunny

AFK: 103.5 focuses more on techno and the club scene. It doesn't do all hits. CFTR was the epitome of All Hits radio IMO. I remember one time they played Tommy Page and then followed it up with Led Zeppelin. How I missed them!

Here's hoping Kiss is that awesome!

June 9, 2009 @ 10:52 PM

nadine

I love z 103.5 however finding they play the same songs over and over and too much commericals,
I love the commercial free kiss 92.5 when I am driving I don't want talking, I want music. a good variety

June 11, 2009 @ 1:32 AM

Toronto Mike

Nadine, just so you know... that commercial free thing is temporary.

The only way you're going to escape ads is on CBC Radio.

June 11, 2009 @ 7:52 AM

can be cool in the burbs

I was stunned on Sat. night when I tried to get JACK. Even my kids could appreciate some of the songs. It had VARIETY. It had class. It played great songs from great artists no one else plays. Who plays Springsteen, Blondie, Tom Petty, Elvis Costello? Yes, they might bore you with a lot of Bon Jovi and Def Leppard too, but at one time they would surprise you with The Cars and then maybe Coldplay. I am crying in my pillow!

June 11, 2009 @ 1:04 PM

Chinese Jamaican Bloke

Z103.5 used to do techno and dance music 5 years ago today it is nothing more than top 40 crap like the rest of the crap radio stations on the crowded FM dial also satelite radio is also junk who pays a monthly fee to listen to nothing but north american music/content, when i can hear music from Asia and Latin america from internet radio stations for free

June 11, 2009 @ 1:07 PM

925kissfmsucks

Wow, I can't believe they got rid of Jack FM for yet another boring, bland Top 40 radio station. Isn't this rap, hip hop, justin timberlake, lady goo-goo stuff the exact music they played to torture those prisoners at Guantanamo Bay?

Great idea rogers, obviously there aren't enough radio stations playing talentless rap and horrible hip hop music already in Toronto. Well, at least now all the trendy 14 year old buffoons have a station they can listen to, it's not like they have others to choose from since this is Toronto's ONLY all hits station, right?

I guess I'll just stick to Classical 96.3 fm or Jazz 91.1 fm, because I'll never listen to the garbage on kiss fm. I'll leave that for the mindless trend followers.

June 12, 2009 @ 7:18 PM

jdit

Guess you're all too young to remember the heyday of CFTR's version of Top40 radio with John Landecker...Top 40 never had it so good.

June 15, 2009 @ 8:52 PM

Upset

kiss925fm-can kiss my ......

Who won the last draw from Jack?

I miss you JACK!

What is happening to Carly-Samantha-Andrew-Mike?

June 16, 2009 @ 10:55 PM

Anthony Ripley

Kiss Fm can kiss my A** I want my Jack FM. Further more I hate everything about Rogers. I switched everything back to Bell and I've never been happier! Rogers Center my A** its the Sky Dome!

June 18, 2009 @ 8:17 PM

Who kill Jack?

I still mourning the departure of my Jack.

My commute to work now is in total silence.

Only in my head the tunes of Ozzy,Tom Petty, Bon Jovi, Supertramp etc are playing in my mind.

Signed Jill

June 18, 2009 @ 10:46 PM

John Fullerton

This all garbage. Get a satellite radio and it speaks for it self. Howard Stern channel is the best and then over 100 stations with commercail free music. forget the Canadina CRTC junk

June 20, 2009 @ 11:44 AM

THHELOYALMIKON8ER

This was my favorite radio station since April, 2007!! I felt physically sick when i heard their new aircheck.

They played all the best rock music from AC/DC, to ZZ Top.

I have since signed several online petitions to bring back the rock format to 92.5, Or otherwise give us a new rogers-oriented station playing rock on an unused frequency. People just never realize how precious their favorite radio stations are unitil their taken away.

June 20, 2009 @ 6:27 PM

Jimmy J

There are alot of sad and disapointed people,Not the best move,dident kiss 92.5 fail a few years back?

Going to miss Jeff,Carly,Samantha and Andrew
another 1 hit wonder radio station...zzz zzz zzz

June 22, 2009 @ 1:48 PM

tink

What a shame. Jack had a great playlist. At least the real rock stations have survived. Q107 and Y108

June 22, 2009 @ 6:50 PM

UTorontoBowieLover

Don't be so devastated at the loss of Jack. They played what they wanted and the Floundered in turn. Yes Kiss plays what you hear everywhere else (right now its Boom Boom Pow, Black Eyed Peas: THE difinition of mainstream at this moment) but there's a reason it's played everywhere: PEOPLE LISTEN. Young, older, my mom and nana bounce to the soulless, pop that has as much substance as a fistfull of cotton candy as much as the 4 year old in the next car over. KISS92 will have a massive following, like it or not. Get an ipod or Sirius if you're serious and enjoy. The rest of us will ;)

June 24, 2009 @ 3:54 PM

Katherine Holland

It was just announced that ET Canada's Roz Weston is the new host of the Kiss 92.5 morning show! Can't go wrong!

July 8, 2009 @ 7:47 PM

Jason Paris

If people really miss Jack-FM, just sit on a Jack Astors patio and you'll be happy.

July 12, 2009 @ 5:40 PM

Jimmy

Q107 sucks. The only thing that was great about CKNY was Martin Streak's live from the Velvet Underground on Sundays. CHUM FM sucks even more with "Today's" music. Why did Jack get shafted & Q be allowed?

If this city was looking for a new format, it definitely is not this shit from KISS, just another MIX.

Listen to KROC from Pasadena,CA or KFOG from San Francisco, CA. Now there you can hear some great music.

Katy Perry, Timberlake, Usher, Beyonce, please get your head out of your asses with this crap!

July 14, 2009 @ 11:53 AM

Anonymous

Kiss is back Z1035 is great.. I am a male in my 30s... late I MISS ENGERY 108. q HAD ITS DAYS.. 102.1 the cfny days where great... now toooo much talk .. dave bookman need to go... Z103 has great music.. love the summer music... even though the summer has been crap this year.. Miss jacks old play what we want. mixture of the rock, dance and hell I have not heard that is how long..

July 14, 2009 @ 4:16 PM

Morris

KISS can KISS my ASS!!!

July 15, 2009 @ 12:28 PM

Bob

Where were all you JACK fans when it was on the air? A 2 rating is pathetic.

I still have fond memories of Dance 108 and Hot 103.5. At one point, only 103.5 was left for young listeners. Now...we dominate the airwaves. Tough luck, old people.

July 17, 2009 @ 1:40 AM

Rob

Hey Bob,
Listening to JACK FM, jack-off. Its not my problem that the ratings don't justify the actual listening audience.

"Old People", yeah Bob, old people that know a lot more about quality music than the shit that is made today.

We are not out of luck because we lived the time when it what fresh, now every shit song that is out there is the same shit. Electronic modification is what I think they call it.

I feel sorry for you Bob for having to be forced to like the stuff that is being played today.

July 18, 2009 @ 1:01 PM

Bob

Oh Rob, try not to let your emotions get in the way of facts.

It is YOUR problem if the ratings don't justify the "actual listening" audience b/c now you've lost the station. Remember, they switched to JACK in 2003 to target older audiences #i.e. you# b/c they wanted to increase ratings and revenue. Yet, since 2006, they've been haemorrhaging listeners.

It doesn't matter how much knowledge you think you know about "quality" music, it's the ratings #and money# that drive the industry. Just ask Billy Corgan why the Smashing Pumpkins disbanded in 2000.

And who says I'm "forced" to listen to anything? I'd love if Toronto had a good selection of rock/alternative stations, but all that's left is 102.1 and 97.7. Q107 used to have some great music #"Mandatory Metallic" every weekday at 4pm#, but that changed in 2000 with new ownership. Toronto is the 5th largest city in North America, yet it only has 2 decent rock stations. I've lived in cities that are much smaller and have 2x as many decent rock stations. That's pathetic.

Since 2003, look at how many stations target younger listeners:

92.5
93.5
99.9
103.5
104.5

That doesn’t even include Buffalo or the rest of the surrounding areas. It doesn't matter when you lived, all that matters is here and now. So feel free to reminisce about the good ol' days. Meanwhile, every station you hold dear is dead or dying.

July 20, 2009 @ 7:19 AM

LowKey

@ Dizz it's funny you should ask about country stations, before it was kiss 92.5 the first time it was CISS 92.5 an all country station in the 90's. and as for KISS returning I'm totally stoked, I remember how pissed I was when it switched over to JACK FM. it was the exact oposite of what happened to the guy who wrote this article. KISS 92.5 was my shower station. then one day I turned it on and it was JACK FM lol.

August 8, 2009 @ 2:02 AM

Dave

I'm studying at a school in Laredo TX across from Nuevo Laredo. The radio is far superior to that found in major cities. It is a mixed bag of free form radio. There is a station like the old CFNY and another that mixes all kind of music together. At certain times they will focus on one artist. At other times it is more of a specific format such as classic rock. About half the time it is mix and match with deep cuts. The CFNY like station
plays a lot of dance and techno overnight yet mixes in enough alternative music to keep all listeners happy. The funny thing is all the stations are Mexican. It is amazing what people listen to in a rundown dusty bordertown. Even Classical is available in the afternoon and a couple hours evenings on the weekends.

October 27, 2009 @ 10:44 PM

Sam

Kiss 92.5 Was here before JACK and they came back because JACK was homo

February 12, 2010 @ 10:14 PM

Anonymous

Liked Jack? Check out Hamilton's Rock Station: Y108 ROCKS!, they've got Jack's style of music, and plus they take your requests, an hour every weekday and for 6 hours on Saturday Evenings. Tune in to Y108 to hear the best of hair metal, the best of the classic rock: FLOYD, oh, did I mention they air NIGHTS WITH ALICE COOPER every weekday evening, and of course grunge and cool new rock. Please check em' out, just have a look at their playlist:

April 18, 2010 @ 7:21 PM

John Staton

Jack Fm should have stayed ! It was the Only Rock station in Toronto worth listening to, as Q107 SUCKS REALLY BAD! JACK FM was pretty close in quality of Rock to HTZFM out of St. Catherines. Sadly the 'powers that be' decided that no one wanted to listen to rock anymore. I guess they didn't listen to the listener feedback when Jack first came on the air. There are Way Too Many 'Top 40' stations. We need more Rock stations like HTZFM, Y108, the way JACK FM used to be ! C'mon guys, time to 'wake up and smell the coffee !'

May 13, 2010 @ 11:03 PM

Anonymous

Jack was great, ever considered 94.9 The Rock out of oshawa? Probably equal, maybe more rock variety:
Click here to listen: