Blender's 50 Worst Songs Ever
Blender has listed the 50 worst songs ever. It's fun to agree with lists like this, but it's even more fun to disagree. Below are seven songs I enjoy that made Blender's list.
- R.E.M. - Shiny Happy People - C'mon Blender, is this one really so bad? True, it's not the best R.E.M. song out there, but even their crap is better than a worst fifty list.
- Crash Test Dummies - Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm - Perhaps it's my Canadian bias at play here, but I don't mind this song. Of course, when I hear it, I usually envision Conan singing it.
- The Doors - The End - I have two words for Blender: Apocalypse Now.
- Corey Hart - Sunglasses At Night - Again, my Canadian bias is outraged that this song made the list. Even worse, they call Hart a one hit wonder. Not on this side of the border!
- Spin Doctors - Two Princes - Who didn't like this tune? It was huge during my final year of high school. Good times, good times...
- 4 Non Blondes - What’s Up? - Dare I say this isn't just a decent song but a great song. Sing it with me people, and I SING hey-YEAH-YEA-EAH, EAH HEY YEA YEA...
- Wang Chung - Everybody Have Fun Tonight - Do I really need to explain why I like this song. Frasier will take it from here. "I was listening to a rock and roll station on the way over here, and I think the lyrics to one of those tribal chants applies to this evening: 'Everybody. Have fun tonight. Everybody. Wang Chung tonight.'"
I'm okay with the other 43 selections. What say you?
Only 1 comment? C'mon, we can do better... Leave a comment above and let's keep this conversation going!